It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody Calm Down Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think we are all starting to self-prophesize(mispell I know) the events of tomorrow. Keep in mind, the future is not written, it is not set. Having a defeatist attitude is not helping matters. All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by edgecrusher2199]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I Agree... I am starting to believe that we are actually talking ourselves into a major catastrophe of sorts.... Maybe thats why the Web Bot has thrown it up in the first place... all our Web Chatter.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

AAAAARRGGGHHHHHH THE END IS NIGH! THE END IS NIGH!!!!!!!!! OH THE BLOOD, OH THE HORROR, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS TIME TO REPENT, WE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10' Phew im ok now, thanks alot, i was getting a bit over worried there

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

The Government is going to send us into war! Big Brother! Reptillions!

Atom bomb war. Nuclear war with Russia. Chemical weapons testing on civilians! They're putting chloride in our water!

AAAAAAAH

The whole world is going to end!!!

Yes, I'm a bit more worried about the world than you.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am not sure what I am self-fulfilling. I don't have any stocks, so I can't control the Dow and I don't have any money, so I can't take it out of the bank. Wall Street is the one that has everyone in a panic and thereby causing the public to panic. Are there seriously enough stockholders on ATS to cause this huge plunge in the stock market?

[edit on 10/6/2008 by secretstash]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Tomorrow as stocks fall even further stock traders are not gonna jump from buildings or throw themselves in front of trains...No they are just gonna spontaneously explode...

Panic time is here!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm not certain that's entirely accurate.

However, my first suggestion would be this, write a letter to Bush, write a letter to Paulson, write a letter to Congressmen/women, and write a letter to Bernanke and ask them to FIRST stop opening up their collective mouths because not only does everytime they do so lay waste to all truth BUT also (almost seemingly by design) foments the panic, that the REST simply feed off of.

Not to mention those with retirement savings and thought they WOULDN'T have to work past 70, are beginning to realize that they may be wrong.

Unless, of course, somethings changes...

P.S. to anyone interested, I still have some apples left to sell..

AB1

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I presume you're speaking of the October 7th anticipated events. Personally I think you're wrong. It's not self-fulfilling. It's precognitive. The existence of human precognition has been demonstrated repeatedly in scientific experiments. See this paper or the Global Consciousness Project at Princeton. They may not understand how it works but they'ce clearly demonstrated that it does, in fact, work.

That being the case, it isn't so much about self0fullfilling domsday prophecies. Yes, people are becoming increasingly anxious and that is exacerbating a very bad situation but it isn't creating it. The CDS market, something few even know exists, is having a MUCH larger effect.

Think of this like an approaching hurricane. Our precognition is like NOAA satellites. We can 'see' the storm building and assess it's path and as it gets closer we become more alarmed. We're not creating the hurricane. We're simply reacting to its presence and course.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

I'm not certain that's entirely accurate.

However, my first suggestion would be this, write a letter to Bush, write a letter to Paulson, write a letter to Congressmen/women, and write a letter to Bernanke and ask them to FIRST stop opening up their collective mouths because not only does everytime they do so lay waste to all truth BUT also (almost seemingly by design) foments the panic, that the REST simply feed off of.

Not to mention those with retirement savings and thought they WOULDN'T have to work past 70, are beginning to realize that they may be wrong.

Unless, of course, somethings changes...

P.S. to anyone interested, I still have some apples left to sell..

AB1

You should open up a bar. Everyone could use a stiff drink. You would probably make the money you lost in the stock market back much faster selling liquor than apples. Moonshine was used for barter during the depression. Infact , Jinm Beam is probably a safe investment.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA You're probably right era.....

IN FACT, I know.... use ALL my apples to make apple whiskey!!

Now I know where the first day of the rest of my life is!

AB1

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Ahhhh, turning around, are "we". It seems like just the other day you were on the edge of panic and acute paranoia.

Please I need immediate help

Maybe I'm suffering from paranoid overload right now. I've been reading about NWO, illuminati, secret language nearly the entire night. I didn't start having problems until about an hour ago when I started searching about this book called Omega Project Codes. 30 minutes ago I had a helicopter fly over my house. This helicopter was probably 500-1000 feet off of the ground and hovered for a couple of seconds, and then moved on. I am honest god scared out of my #ing mind. I went outside on my front porch to smoke a cigarette and calm down. While I was out their, I heard some talking and rustling of the leaves which sounded like it was coming from the side of the house. I'm scared to death. I can't stop shaking. I can feel my heart beating out of my chest.

Sooooo, you're feeling better now? I hope so, ya sounded kinda ragged there for a bit.
On topic, I'm always calm. I'm a skeptical believer and a realist with optimistic tendencies, so I will be sitting on my porch, Coca-Cola in hand, watching either blue sky or a million UFOs on October 14th. I will have not lost anything from the bailout except the extra money it costs to buy things and property/income taxes. Meh. Money sucks anyway. I won't be hesitantly biting my nails when they switch the LHC on full speed.

Meh meh meh. I'm all good.
Glad to see you're chillin' too.
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
On topic, I'm always calm. I'm a skeptical believer and a realist with optimistic tendencies, so I will be sitting on my porch, Coca-Cola in hand, watching either blue sky or a million UFOs on October 14th. I will have not lost anything from the bailout except the extra money it costs to buy things and property/income taxes. Meh. Money sucks anyway. I won't be hesitantly biting my nails when they switch the LHC on full speed.

I'm so jealous. These past couple of months have made me run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'm always impressed with people who can stay calm, cool, and collected. Truly there is no reason to be getting upset over these things (and I know that deep down in my heart). But still, I've been so frightened over every little thing lately which is really weird because I'm not scared of death and I fully know that everything in this life is temporary so no matter how bad it gets, 'This too shall pass.' Still, I look up to people like you, Cuhail and wish I was more like that.

In the meantime.... PANIC.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
I think we are all starting to self-prophesize(mispell I know) the events of tomorrow. Keep in mind, the future is not written, it is not set. Having a defeatist attitude is not helping matters. All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Clue me in.....

just what are you refering to?

the strategic policy about Iran's nuclear programs?
the current stock market downturn?
the Paulson-Plan that creates another branch of government, which is counter to the constitution?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The Russians are practicing launching nuclear cruise missiles off the coast of Alaska today. The French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner just warned that Israel is gonna attack Iran soon. Our economy is off the reservation, and perhaps, pushed off by the people in charge of it.

I predict that tomorrow, the final big push of America off of her eagle's perch, into the valley of darkness(the North American Union) begins for real.

That means that tomorrow, it's like Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and John Hancock never existed. Like Paul Revere never rode hard through the night. Like the greatest document ever written never was!

And if the events of tomorrow don't scare us enough, aliens baby! Lot's of aliens on TV latley. Cheesy old documentaries, but lots of them!

We won't have to wait long to find out! Interesting times!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I agree with Cuhail... Edgecrusher has changed his tune! I hope this thread isnt just a scheming plan to rack up some points? Oh no, surely not....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I did, last week or so, have a "moment" of weird clarity where I logged into ATS and clicked "Recent Posts" and every topic name I saw, I also saw a "connection" or "path" from topic to topic, all tying in together. I saw history's setups and how they led to todays situations. I saw the future and the results of history and todays present and the eventual paths leading off into the horizon.
I got all "weird" for about 10 seconds. It was just a moment. And then I started thinking about what I saw and it all became a harder-to-touch memory and the panic faded and calm was restored.
It was cool and scary all at once. It was only after the moment where panic came into it. And that for only a couple of subsiding minutes.

Why panic at our situation? You really don't know that it's all going to pot and that there's a reason to tense up. You suspect, yes. And the content recently here at ATS doesn't help the ole' blood pressure in that sense, does it?
Meh. I suppose it catches me, but, it's not the situation we face now that freaks me out, it's the thought of what my kid has to face in the future that effects me.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

That is right the futures of the Asia and European stock markets are already in DARK RED territory again... this is a massive (but well planned and prepared) vicious circle.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Really wish everyone would calm down, think about what is happening, and keep doing their best. It's NOT the end of the world. All of these threads are ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

join