It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Doubles???(Mythbusters Needed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have heard people on the street mention some famous person in politics, and use a phrase like,"If it really was him", he did such and such. Or died. It seems to be a sort of urban myth that a lot of rich people, politicians especially, have doubles to protect them. Could this be true?

Now we've all noticed certain "changes" in politicians, and I'm sure almost all of these could be due to their stress levels, aging, lighting conditions, and such. Still, if I can think of all these ways to excuse changes in a politician's looks and actions, then surely other people could. People that might want to use such explanations to control certain factions of government.

Yes, it would appear be hard to maintain such a cover up with friends and family. But once you go beyond the level of a wife or husband, few people would be able to readily tell if the double were good enough. That's one of the results of family members being so defused in this day and age. The everyday closeness is gone. (Think of all the changes having a child away at college results in.)

Historically, we know that many famous leaders have used doubles. Hitler and Sedam Husain being just a couple of the more recent. But is there anything reliable showing that other recent and current leading political people could be doing this?

And if so, which ones, and what's your evidence?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looking at Tina Fey, I think she could be Sarah Palin's double..the similarity is amazing.

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a double for major world leaders for "run-of-the-mill" appearances. Whole lot easier to secure major events when the actual folks have to be present as opposed to a meet and greet....but that's just my opinion.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by MrBigDog1974]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think there are two compelling instances. One is of the Pope Paul VI

Look at this photo

And this one. No Birthmark (although it could be a mirror image of his other side)

But the difference in the shape of the nose is significant. I think.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
That's really interesting, I have always thought about doubles and tried to tell. I mean, we know other leaders do it and it's in our media so why wouldn't all of our important people?

Those pope pics are good and give some insight to the level of detail we must use to find differences.

People should try and find more pictures of any elites that they think are doubles.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Labowski, those pictures are certainly interesting. And who would really know? It's not like he has a ton of close friends who would notice.

vapedson,here's a link to a body double being used in the US:

www.freep.com.../20080330/COL27/109020005/0/NEWS01

Well, that link won't work. Anyway, it was just a mayor avoiding press and I would guess some protesters. But it does show that it is used. The question is how much? How often? And could these doubles play a real part in a national political deception?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by NGC2736]

top topics

join