It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Website Redesign In The Works --- Sneak Peek...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am really impressed with the new look! It'll be so much easier for new people to find their way around.

I have a quibble with the demographics page, though. For the bar charts, although it gives a pretty chart to order the categories from most respondents to least, I think it makes the charts much harder to read when the categories have a "logical" order to them (from lowest to highest income, from least to most time spent on ATS, etc).

But then, I have a thing about making statistical resources as easy to read and transparent to the average reader as possible. I think the misuse of charts and graphs is one of the most effective tools that media, governments, and corporations have of keeping the population confused.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that I'm really liking the new design!

Especially the little myATS box below the search function

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As some have noticed, the new design is now live for the main (non-board pages). During the next week, the new design will transition into the board (very carefully).

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It looks great!! kudos SOverlord!! I really like the blue and gray, it's easy on the eyes. Like the new graphics on the folders too.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It might be too late for this, but something to keep in mind for later changes. It would be great to add 'spell check' to the 'post reply' page for the multitude who are spelling challenged. I find some posts almost impossible to read!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

It's already there. Misspelled words are underlined in red.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I agree. When I got onto ATS this afternoon, I thought Hallelujah! My eyesight has returned magically!

Great job, SO.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Minor quibble here. Shouldn't such things like "tinwiki", "atsmix" etc be capitalized?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Are my mispeled words corectly labled? (test)

Red lines? Where?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Are my mispeled words corectly labled?

Red lines? Where?

If you are using Firefox then yes misspelled words are underlined in Red. I don't know about using IE however. However I suspect that the spell check may be more of a matter of using Firefox than the site itself.

For example in my text box, as I'm writing this, the words "mispeled corectly labled " are all underlined in red. As an experiment you might want to see about "quoting" yourself and see if it pops up for you.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Deson]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
edit: Never mind, I've corrected it.

Thank you for your help!

Cool function!

[edit on 11-10-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I use IE and no red underlining, so must be a function of Firefox.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
IE also has a spellcheck plugin available. One of them is available here:

www.iespell.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Deson

Yes, it is. The thing is that you have to choose American English or World English. I'm using AE and "humour", while not misspelled shows as such.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid - what's AE?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I saw it before and liked it, just a small (and i mean small) fault:

My ATS and Log out look like Mv ATS and Loo out...Told you it was a small fault

Oh, BTW, Great work SO, without you this website would have a terrible layout and I wouldn't be posting this

Roswell.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Deson

Yes, it is. The thing is that you have to choose American English or World English. I'm using AE and "humour", while not misspelled shows as such.

One nice thing with the Firefox spell check is to be able to right click on "humour" and select "add to dictionary". Like I just did right now.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hi. Just wanted to say that I am liking the new look on the main page.
Looks great!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've noticed with the new home page, when I try to log in using the new log in link underneath the Google search box, that a page comes up saying I need to enable cookies in order to log in. I do have cookies enabled with the latest version of Firefox. From that message page, if I click the Log in page in the top right as I've always done, it then brings up the actual log in page. Each link points to the same URL, so I'm not sure what's going on.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid - what's AE?

I think intrepid is referring to the language selected for the browser, AE = American English.

Which brings into question other words that are spelled differently or have different definitions between World and American English.

Words like torch/flashlight, soccer/football, pissed/drunk, fag/cigarrette, pecker/chin, line/sentence.

Perhaps the one line/sentence policy should be revamped?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join