It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deceased visiting in dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hey all, I just need to get this off my chest, and I am kinda curious if anyone else is going through this kinda thing.

It all started a couple of weeks ago when my girlfriends aunt passed away. I think it was about 3 nights after the funeral I was having a dream where I turned around and Auntie was sitting on the couch. Immediately I was (in dream) like "this can't be right". She looks at me and says "I know sweetie, I really did die." My brain couldn't handle the conflict though and I almost immediately woke up.

I hadn't thought about the dream much since, just kind of assuming it was a fluke and went about my normal routine. However, this morning, I woke up because I was dreaming that I went to one of my old friend's house. Her grandmother, whom passed away almost 5 years ago, answers the door. I was stunned, and immediately I started thinking about the previous dream while in this dream. The grandma started talking to me and catching up on things like it was absolutely real. Well, the whole time I decided not to say anything about her passing away to her and that's when her husband (my friends grandpa) walked into the room. He looks at me and goes " Doesn't she look great? They're all starting to come back." When he said that he had this smile on his face that is burned into my mind right now that is the cause of me coming here and writing.
See, he is a strong man of faith...probably the most to the bible kinda guy you could meet. And when he said that to me, I immediately knew he meant they as in the dead where coming back as in the biblical sense.
It freaked me out and I woke up.
I find it kinda hard to believe all this, but it seemed so much more real than a dream normally does. And I don't understand why my brain would pick such a subject matter, as I'm an Athiest.

So, anyone got any input? Am I the only one going through this all of a sudden?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I can't say I've been having any "strange" dreams, but they have been meaningful. I have read a few dreams pointing to a culmination of events in the near future lately, so it does not surprise me that you had this profound dream.

I starred your post just because your dream meant something to me.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Kinda weird isn't it. About 7 yrs. ago I had a dream where My Grandfather visited Me concerning My 'Nanny'(My G-Ma). In My dream I was at My Grandparents beach house. My Granddad worked very hard to get this 2nd home and Our family came from all over the US to vacation there over the summer. Anyway, In My dream, I could see that many of My family members were there, sitting at the huge dinner table We all gathered at to eat, play cards, drink. My Nanny was at her designated spot at the head of the table and My Granddad was situated to Her left. I remember it being a happy dream but I also asked My G-Dad what He was doing 'here', That He wasn't supposed to be there. (Cuz He passed away nearly 15 yrs. prior.) He had Me sit on His lap and said 'It's going to be okay. Nanny's going to be okay.' When I woke Up I told My husband about it and how strange it felt. I actually cried because it felt so real, I had this overwhelming sense of loss, not over My G-Ma because I didn't understand that portion of the dream yet, but over My G-Dad, like I lost Him all over again. Later that day, My Dad called Me and told Me that Nanny had died in the night. Very surreal. I found it a bit easier letting My Nanny go but had to grieve losing My G-Dad all over again. Weird, very weird feeling.

Peace. K*

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well it is too soon to know for sure, I will star and flag your OP to keep better track. If this continues I will tell you what I know from personal experience, if it is just a passing trend, then I would not get too concerned.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
my dad died a sudden death and I hadn't seen him for upto 4 weeks before hand cos my daughter had recently been born..he had an aortic anerysm so died very quicky....about 2 weeks after his death I had a dream where I was at this big stadium and I was being called over a loud speaker that my dad wanted to speak to me outside..I knew my dad were dead,and was saying "but he's dead" to the people around me,I went outside and my dad was there he hugged me stepped back and then disappeared...I always remember this dream...I have had several of these type of dreams as the years have gone by and a relative has died before I had chance to say goodbye..I don't know if it is my mind or if it is "their" way of saying goodbye to me

I also had a horse that was bred for me and owned her for 18 years she had to be put to sleep cos she had a leg problem....it took me along while to get over her death,but I too dreamt about her...she used to have this habit when you petted her over her stable door she would put her head on your head..in my dream she was standing at a meadow gate the most beautiful meadow you could imagine I went to the gate and petted her and she put her head on mine,then turned tail and galloped away..it was a beautiful dream and I like to think she was saying goodbye too....I have also dreamt about other pets I have owned over the years in much the same way...I like to think that be it human or animal it is there way of sayig goodbye...thats what has helped me through the loss anyhow...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I had a dream a few months ago about my grandfather. I was visiting some house that he was building and I got out of my car. He's standing there with hammer in hand, smiling, and looked like he was about to say something. He never did. I was aware that he was dead and I was dreaming, so I told him that I was sorry that I didn't get to see him before he passed away (4-5 years ago) and that I really missed him.

I remember wanting a hug from him more than anything else, but he was walking away. I chased him around the corner of the house and he was gone. I felt pretty deflated that I didn't get to hug him and the fact that he didn't say anything to me but I felt that it wouldn't be my last chance to give him that hug. It hasn't happened yet, but it's ok. At least I got to say what I wanted to tell him.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This subject is something that I find interesting, and I have also experienced it myself. The odd part is that it sort of goes against certain principals that we know about dream (REM) stage sleep. One of the functions of REM is to kind of write out your memory from the short to long term areas of your brain, and form new neuropathways (memories). Which is why people who get insufficient REM sleep tend to lose their memory. Yet it seems like the only people I dream of, over the last 8 or so years, are those who I have lost (I have lost a lot of people close to me during that time, and none really before that). I never dream about the people I interact with on a daily basis. This seems to be in direct conflict with what we know about REM, as I should be generating new memories about the people I interact with on a day to day basis.

Even more odd, and somewhat in conflict with your theory about it being a form of After Death Communication (ADC), is that not all of these people are dead. There have been a couple of people to whom I was close, then had a falling out with, and no longer speak to, yet I still dream about them frequently. I never recall any dreams about people I interact currently, though maybe I have those dreams and just forget them by morning. I have a couple theories on why this is, but maybe the best is simply that it is a way for the brain to cope with loss.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by special

Thank you for sharing that.

You sound, like your ID, 'special' ..

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by semiunknown

Thank you for sharing your dream

You sound so genuine and truthful

I think you have every reason to believe there will be more
contact from your grandfather : )

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My mum's dad came to me in 1989. He died in WW2, at which time, my Nan was carrying my mother. My mother grew up never knowing her dad, but had photographs of him, to which I had no knowledge. Growing up, I had never seen photos of him.

Apparently, the photos my mum got of her dad were given to her by her mother, when she came back to the UK with my dad, while I was still living in the US.

In the dream, I saw him in uniform in a queue with other soldiers. He stepped out of the queue. When I saw him, I felt that I knew him. He was about my age at the time (26+/-). He told me that he was my mum's dad and that was why I knew him. He told me that I must remember the 'Island of Chains'. To this day, I still don't know what he was referring to. However, I have never forgot what he said to me in my dream.

Anyway, I told my mother that I had a dream about a man, who said he was my granddad and told me to remember 'The Island of Chains'. My mum took out some photos with some men in them from back in the 40's. As soon as, she took out the one with my granddad and another fellow both in uniform. I recognized the man, who said he was my grandfather immediately. The uniform was the same, as I think the other fellow was with a different regiment.

My mum was shocked that I was able to pick him out of the photo. Once I saw him in uniform, I was able to point him out in the other photos. I will never forget the look on my mother's face.

He did say that he loved us all and that he was all right, before he gave me the message.

It was just so strange that he came to me in a dream in a queue with other military men.

I do whole-hearedly believe that the dead can visit us in our dreams. I think it is a nice thing,when it happens, as it emphasizes how wonderful and happy that they are now.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kyanther

Yes this happened to me, and also my mother and my bro a few days after my father passed away in July.

In my dream, I was babysitting my lil cousin and when she was mis-behaving, I picked up the phone and pretended to call her mother. (lol I do this in real life, shuts them up pretty sharpish) Anyway, I remember there being no dial tone so I said 'hello?' and asked if there was anyone there. I heard my father telling me that everything was going to be alright.

My mom's dream was fairly similar. Personally, I think it is our way of coming to terms with death and wanting to know if the deceased are alright.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
reply to post by special

Thank you for sharing that.

You sound, like your ID, 'special' ..

Well (blushes)......thankyou...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

Rachel, if it's not too personal, may I ask where was your grandfather stationed/fighting at the time that would correspond to the scene you saw in your dreams, and what was his maternal language (or the language of the area where he was at the time)?

If it is too indiscreet or you don't want to talk about it, for whatever reason, I apologise.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I never dream about the people I interact with on a daily basis. This seems to be in direct conflict with what we know about REM, as I should be generating new memories about the people I interact with on a day to day basis.

Nor do I.

But current theories about the function of dreams are obviously - increasingly so - inadequate, and even the best among them are far from being comprehensive.
There are several types of dreams, so trying to fit them all into a single model (especially a "utilitarian" one, based on all too "darwinian" notions of humankind and its dimensions) adds nothing to our knowledge of them.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This is EXACTLY to the letter to what happened to me when my grandfather died. We were very close and it was about 6 months later when I had a dream. It was at a very difficult time in my life and in this dream he called me. I remember I asked him where he was. He said he was fine. And that I would be fine too. "everything will be allright! I promise' he said. It was so real I woke up and my worries had gone. To this day (he died 6 years ago) I am convinced he tried to reassure me from the other place.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kyanther

Thanks for sharing.

I remember my Grandfather visiting in dreams few days after the funeral, provinding an immense feeling of bliss and peace. But much more peculiar was the exerience with my auntie ten years later for, I was perfectly awaken.

The day after the funeral, I was lying on my bed when I saw her etherical body appearing from the wall, flying very slowly, like an airplane. It was the same body seen the day before, during the ceremony, with the contusions, etc (she'd died in a wreck). Her body flew my direction and aligned to mine, floating 50cm above. At this moment it stopped and linked my solar plexus with a slim vortex (that reminded me an umbilical cord – and much more, the receiver aircraft in air-to air refuelling). From that moment I couldn’t make a move or even change my breath rhythm. I was blocked on my couch by a shape of black and dense energy that was pretty scary. I was lying there, blocked by this shape that looked like a dense, icy and heavy black marble gravestone, whilst she was sucking my energy. My love for her was strong but not enough to prevent the fear and panic. So I begged her to go. Suddenly, she left very quickly, straight up like a rocket and the black shape vanished instantaneously.

Despite I know I am psychic I decided to see a well-renown psychiatrist in order to dismiss psychotic hypothesis. The psychiatrist conclusions enjoined to accept there are stuffs one can’t explain. Then someone I was doing spiritual work with, explained my aunt had lost a lot of energy in the wreck and needed some to leave the terrestrial plan; in order to prevent that my soul takes advantage of this connection to leave the terrestrial plan (….for years, I have been refusing incarnation and use to leave my physical body quite easily + have also had a NDE), her guides had decided to materialize this scary density.
Here are my own experiences....

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
When my best mate died i got reguler visits in dreams, spoke to his mum about it and she gets them too. some people say you have something on your mind for a long time you end up dreaming about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Great...thank you for sharing your dreams

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Some proof that it was an actual "spirit" of the person, rather than just a strong memory or imagination, would be if they told you the location of the buried treasure. Anybody have that happen?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am glad to see that many others had this type of experience. My mother and I have also had this exrerience when my great grandmother died.My experice happened about 20 years ago. Don't remember how she died I can just remember that for weeks I would cry myself to sleep nowing that she had passed. One night I had a dream that I was walking to her house sad, when I got to the house I saw her out in the yard going through her normal routine, feeding and watering the animals. I ran up to her happy as can be. she was surrounded by a beutiful bright light and just looked up at me and told me, its okay baby she was allright and I didn't have to cry over her anymore. To this day I can only think of her and smile and see the vision of her from that vision. My mother told me that she had her experience one night when she was trying to go to sleep. She said while she was in bed that my Great Grandmother walked up to the foot of the bed and told her everything was allright.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join