It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulson to name adviser to oversee U.S. bailout: former Goldman Sachs VP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Bloomberg

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is expected to name Neel Kashkari to oversee the U.S. government's $700 billion financial stabilization program, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

As assistant secretary for international economics and development at the Treasury, Kashkari is a senior adviser to Paulson and counsels him on key policy matters, according to the department's Web site. The decision for Kashkari, 35, to run the new department known as the Office of Financial Stability, may be announced as early as today, the newspaper said.

...He was a vice president at Goldman Sachs & Co. before joining the Treasury, and his role there included advising public and private companies on mergers, acquisitions and financial transactions.

Well lookee here.
Hank, former CEO of Goldman Sachs himself, appears to see it fit to appoint someone specializing in international economics to "oversee" the giant revolving $700B line of credit bailout program. Fancy new name for the program too - The Office of Financial Security.

We can only hope this guy is a financial GENIUS. He's apparently just 35 years old. Maybe he's really smart and not really impressionable?

I swear, it just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Is this for real?

Dude has a last name of "Kashkari"?

You can't make up this crap. Unbelievable!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah, and he's a Goldman Sachs cronie.

Who would have ever guessed.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow I am just totally shocked that happened, wow. I really thought that I could trust those guys in washington, they talk so nice.

new topics

top topics

join