It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Radio Waves - I've Finally Snapped

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Did I state anything other than FACT??

A: NO

I only repeated back to the op what he said himself.All I did was cut out the non-pertinent information. Sometimes when all of the b.s.s is cut out it is easier to hear what it is you're saying. Again, if I stated anything other than what the op himself stated then please show me where I did this.

>>>tick,tock,tick,tock...I thought not. G'day.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Ah, and pride is a big negative component, too. I still have problems with it, but not nearly as much as I did. If you are smart, then it will show. If it doesn't it's your responsibility to learn as to why. Pride can actually turn someone from being gifted, to not so smart. It did with me! I have a saying "pride is the anti-gift". It can turn you against yourself! The way I have tried to understand it is that gifted people use more of their right-brain. This part has a more direct link to the subconscious. I think it houses your conscience, too. When people continuously act out of accordance with conscience, like being prideful and judging alot, then your subconscious sabotoges and cripples you! I've got no proof whatsoever except my personal experiences. If I am in a negative mood, my perceptive abilities are greatly reduced. I also had similar experiences with memory problems. It once again has to do with worrying, pride, and just general negative emotions. Also, not being in the present moment, so to speak. Basically worrying about the future, and resenting the past. I got a book that is almost like spirituality for dummies, but it worked miracles for myself. It's Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now". You might want to check it out.
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

OP, these are excellent points. Re-read this post!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So why did you have to mention it in the first place if it isn't such a big deal?

321.... tic toc....

Anyway, I hope the Op has sorted himself out...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
take this from someone who understands you completely at this point

you have undergone "Kundalini Awakening"

Google it and all your questions will be answered.

You will be o.k. and slowly all things will integrate themselves and you will be whole. Play with fire and you get burnt.

Welcome to the world of the mystics!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
So why did you have to mention it in the first place if it isn't such a big deal?

321.... tic toc....

Anyway, I hope the Op has sorted himself out...

Can you point me to where I said anything was a "big deal".
I don't recall saying that. Another simple assumption from a simple mind I'm afraid. If we could all stick with facts and stop putting words in peoples mouths this thread would be a little better off.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Ive woken up 4 times now with maybe similar thing. My imagination tells me its like alien chatter, but yes with a laser type frequency.

One time I had a mind altering thingy and I heard an mosquito in the morning. As i listened closely it became so loud it was like a siren. From that point on i feel or guess it is some alien mind reading.

Now when I get it and wake up I feel a sensation of fear, as if there is a grey outside my window. Mind you all this is just and interpretation of what is happening. It could be radio waves, it could me too much electricity.

The good thing about making crazy guesses is that they are only crazy once proven wrong. Once they are proven wrong you know the truth. And that is what we are searching for in a time of so much flase.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
there are times when i feel overwelmed by all the things going on around me that i just have to go out at night and just stare at the stars for some reason it is almost like it is a release. i don't know it is like when i'm consentrating into space it just a feeling of peace with the unknown. It stops my mind from wandering . for some reason it works i get away from everything, and give my mind a break. One would be very supprised how powerful the mind really is. it need some r&r too. hope all is well.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Our minds get compressed by living indoors. Back in past our minds expanded into our surroundings. No walls just land for mile and miles.

Now all that energy in the mind is compressed into the four walls around you. I get pressure in my cerebral cortex. Looking at the stars allows me to release that pressure.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Well Soulstone, you need to speak with your doctor about this, rule out what you can such as shcizophrenia, it can happen at anytime, being previously checked for it does not mean it isn't what is happening now. I am glad to hear you are in college and working your own way through, that is very admirable IMO.

Strange things do occur, but the theme of this site is to deny ignorance, and until you go to your doctor and rule out any real condition you may have, you most likely won't see an answer here or anyone agreeing with you that it is in fact, radio waves and such.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I've thought about mentioning this on this site before, but never have. I guess now would be the best time. When I was around the age you say you are now, I too had issues with hearing a radio that didn't exist. This is the first time I've mentioned it anywhere. It wasn't the same song though, it always seemed to be different, and from what I recall, it was usually music that I was familiar with. I could also hear what sounded like talk and commercials between the songs. It was always very faint, but still loud enough to make it seem like I wasn't just imagining it. I remember one night when I heard it, I ran outside at about 3AM just to make sure that a neighbor wasn't up playing the radio. It was dead silent outside, and everyone's lights were out. I went back inside, and sure enough, I could hear it again. I was considering going to a doctor, but it all passed. I can't remember how long it was going on for, but I know it was at least for a few months. I never messed around with the occult or anything like that, but like you, I have had my IQ tested, and I can honestly say that I'm smarter than George Bush. (I know that sounds stupid, but apparently he has an IQ of 125. Dumbest smart guy ever.) I would probably do what others have suggested and talk to your doctor about it. I may have just been lucky when my radio issue went away on it's own.

edit - clarification

[edit on 10/7/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the Celestine Phophecy? In the first book it is said that we can derive energy from plants and trees as they do us, and that when you live in the city where there are less trees and plants we tend to get out energy from each other instead. An example they give is when we are in a fight, one person is left exhilerated, pumped! The other, sapped of all energy and sad. This is one person feeding off another's energy whether they realize it or not. In large cities we see more agressive behaviour because of the lack of trees, plants, and natural energy sources, so everyone is sapping each other for their energy, creating tensions that lead to violence. I just wanted to point that out, still you should go talk with your doctor.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thank you all for the intelligible responses.

I had a talk with my psychiatrist, she said not to worry about it. She asked me a few other questions. I was expecting her to be a bit more concerned but I don't totally blame her since it was true that I was tired and it only happened once. Since then I have had no problems. Although I forgot to mention the radio at work. It was also suggested the sleeping pills I take may be linked to the groggy stupid feeling. I also had something like this happen when I was 13 before. As far as the hallucinating. I had played Mario Kart 64 all night at a sleep over. The result being laying in bed the night after and seeing my door transform into a race track. I guess N64 is more trippy than acid. Playing video games for excessive amounts is not good for the human brain. Though I do not know if this was brought on by video gaming. In fact I think the experience I had the night before may be linked to it some way, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Csbass. It is not my intention to have an argument with you. I did not mean to come off as arrogant. Where I come from people assume you are dumb if you discuss or display something among these lines. But would you be any better calling people on here "simple minded"?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
As far as the hallucinating. I had played Mario Kart 64 all night at a sleep over. The result being laying in bed the night after and seeing my door transform into a race track. I guess N64 is more trippy than acid.

I was once on sentry duty and nearly awake for nearly 48 hours - i thought i saw a giant humming bird trying to get some form of nectar from the top of a massive tree
oh well!

I'm glad you saw your psychiatrist and ruled out what you could, kudos to you dude, i wouldnt have that sort of confidence to even see one. (I was recommended to see one at one point but i refused, lol! Kinda regret it now, wonder what they would have made from me?! lol!)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Yes, the brain is a very funny thing. So you have to wonder how much phenomena is actually produced by the brain.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass

So, Let me get this straight.

-You are a genius who works at a bakery,

[edit on 6-10-2008 by cbass]

Lot's of people who would be considered genius (not sure what the plural is) end up working in jobs like a bakery or garage. alot of it is just how society is, and alot of very smart people are also eccentric (look at einstien and tesla), and socially awkward, wich sometime puts off the suits in charge of hiring.
I.Q. has no relation to where you happen to work

as far as hearing voices and sounds, I've heard voices mumbling most of my life, it's just a residual noise kind of thing, your mind filling up the silence, picking up any small insignificant noise, like humming machinery, and combining it into voices. it happens with some people

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Gren]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

emotions shouldn't be controlled.. only your actions and even those should be left alone as much as possible in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
reply to post by emmy

Yes, the brain is a very funny thing. So you have to wonder how much phenomena is actually produced by the brain.

They grey matter between our ears may just be another Organ, but it does make me wonder somewhat (no pun intended - just realised that meself
) I think there's definitely something undiscovered about it...! You feeling any better today since your session? You still hearing the same sounds? Hope all is well

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

as far as hearing voices and sounds, I've heard voices mumbling most of my life, it's just a residual noise kind of thing, your mind filling up the silence, picking up any small insignificant noise, like humming machinery, and combining it into voices. it happens with some people

THAT'S EXACTLY IT! YES! Thank you for wording it the right way. I was hesitant because I didn't think anyone would understand what I was going to explain in regards to this! STARRED!

Edit: Sorry I'm a bit excited that I am not alone on this.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Nope. I'm not hearing anything anymore if I choose not to. Gren really hit the nail on the head. It's so faint and it is simply how Gren explained it. It's like noise distortion. Like noises forming voices because your mind needs to make sense of the very miniscule noises. Whether it be a pipe clanging in the basement, the computer hum, trees blowing. It's like your brain needs to filter it if your hearing is that good. You have to feel around to hear it. Usually at night when there are no people talking, or distractions.

I wonder if schizophrenia might be this but on a much larger scale. Like the mind filtering things other people usually don't experience.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I dont know if this helps, but I used to take sleeping pills before bed, just diphenhydramine, and I noticed, if you take too many before bed, you can wake up in a hallucinatory state, its interesting, but wont help you sleep.

My advice, let go of what you think, and just go with it, if that gets too scary for you to handle, let go of scary, if you cant figure out how to do that then my only other advice is to see a shaman, a psychologist, and then a GP, in that order...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join