It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's next tallest tower revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

World's next tallest tower revealed

www.news.com.au

DEVELOPERS in Dubai have announced plans to build a tower 1km high - beating the booming city state's own world record.

With the world's tallest building, the Burj Dubai, nearing completion, Dubai World president Sultan Ahmed bin Sulaim said the new tower would be "one of a kind".

The tower, which will take more than a decade to complete, will be the centerpiece of a sprawling development state-owned builder Nakheel plans to create in the rapidly growing "New Dubai" section of the city.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hmmm. I'm not sure about this. It seems like the designers are overcompensating for something else?

Sure, there's a place for multi-story buildings, in that they save land. However, what's the point of building them over ten years, when they will be outdated by the time are complete?

Plus, we have to worry about 'thermal expansion' collapsing it, if there's ever an office fire. I do hope that the designers have read the various NIST reports! Haha!

Anyway, I'm sure it will be built and will probably be impressive. Good luck to them.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

join