It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC and FOX in destroy mode.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It was just a matter of time before the RNC and FOX went into full attack mode.
The gloves are off, the numbers look bad for MCCAIN and it time to swift boat OBAMA.
In fact it seems the ANTI OBAMA threads are having a bit of resurgence on ATS in the past couple of days.

The most interesting thing is that FOX "NEWS" ran a seven minute anti
OBAMA ticker during the HUCKABEE "show?" Sunday night.

The question is if this will have PRO MCCAIN impact at the polls.

As it is OBAMA has the highest numbers yet in this race which might be the reason for
busting out...

Do you think the voters will embrace or be turned off by an all out mud fest?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Today I talked a pro-FOX Republican into at least considering that this stuff is pure propaganda by getting him to admit that the cute blondies they use to read the news are lacking in intelligence. Once he agreed that it was shameful that newspeople had resorted to such low tricks to attract what must be the most shallow of viewers, he agreed that the purpose of the network must be to influence such viewers.

I do think the FOX-like dog and pony shows are wearing thin, and that includes the ones on the left side, too. The idiots on both sides will never get it, but more and more of the smarter half of the population are becoming angry and aware.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

NOW FOX is running a Hannity special - OBAMA and FRIENDS HISTORY of RADICALISM!

GOOD lord!

I cannot believe that anyone can will doubt that FOX is a pro GOP entity!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

THIS is ridiculous... I wonder if FOX will do the same for the S&L...

HA! SHEEPLE TV!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

What I think is scary is that there are huge numbers of people that take this stuff absolutely seriously. Dead seriously. They think this hyperbole is TRUTH!

They trust Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, and Fox.

These people are easily influenced by rhetoric. If they are persuaded towards anger and hatred, they will become highly argumentive and angry at the candidate AND ALSO at anyone who tries to dissuade them.

In my opinion, the only way to combat this is to remain cool, rational, and friendly to them, and somehow redirect their anger towards those who are actually manipulating them (Fox and Friends.)

Somehow, illustrate that they are "used" and "abused". Which they absolutely are. Be sympathetic and supportive.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I agree 100%! FOX is transparent as they come. I can't understand why anyone with half a brain couldn't see how they protray their political agenda. I can not bear to watch that channel, it is downright embarassing. I think only superficial men watch to look at the pretty blondes!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I can only stomach FOX in very small doses and only make myself do it to get a full picture of the media shifts our perspective.
The thing that really bothers me is that CNN seems to be following in FOX's footsteps.
The other thing that really bothers me is the lack of news. Both stations can yap and yap about the campaign and then when the news is covered it is a repeat of the stupidest crap ever. I had CNN on as background noise today and I swear every 5 minutes they would just keep repeating the same 5 stories, with all that is going on in this world you would think 24 hr news stations would have a lot of reporting to do. Last night both channels had repeats on, how can you have repeats on a 24 hr news station?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The Republican vs Democrat and Conservative vs Liberal BS spouted by the MSM is a smoke screen to keep you from looking down the rabbit hole any futher.
It's no different that WWF wrestling, where they fight in the ring and back stage their having dinner.
We're getting F&%$'d by either way...............

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

Agreed.
The whole thing pisses me off.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

In case you haven't noticed, mental modulator is completely biased towards Obama. You aren't going to change this guy's mind...lol. Look at other threads. That's plain to see. He complains about Fox and the few other people that are conservative based and sees it as crap. 80 percent of the media goes the other way, but he's not complaining about that is he?

He's angry which is blinding him and making him irrational. Instead of looking at both sides he comes to the stupid arguement that we need a democratic president because a rep. was in for 8 years and the country is a mess. He will probably vote Dem. across the board.

What is funny is that Congress...which has Dem. majority, has a lower approval rating than Bush. And i'm not defending Bush by any means, but if they are actually worse???? That tells me the entire government is in turmoil.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
1. Fox has admitted to heavy bias. Anyone who argues that Fox is an unbiased news source needs to go Google "FOX admits to bias" right now.

2. I don't think anyone who watches Fox and actually believes the garbage that comes out of that channel would vote for Obama anyway.

I watch Fox News often lately because I want to see if I can catch them using brain washing tactics as claimed on ATS before like NLP(?). Which they appear to do often. While I've been watching of course Fox has been very pro-McCain, however they always have been. I don't think they have amped anything up. They've always been this bad, even the commentators who said they'd vote for Clinton if she won the primary instead of McCain have rallied around him fiercely since the day Obama accepted the nomination.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Fathom

In case you haven't noticed, mental modulator is completely biased towards Obama. You aren't going to change this guy's mind...lol. Look at other threads. That's plain to see. He complains about Fox and the few other people that are conservative based and sees it as crap. 80 percent of the media goes the other way, but he's not complaining about that is he?

He's angry which is blinding him and making him irrational. Instead of looking at both sides he comes to the stupid arguement that we need a democratic president because a rep. was in for 8 years and the country is a mess. He will probably vote Dem. across the board.

What is funny is that Congress...which has Dem. majority, has a lower approval rating than Bush. And i'm not defending Bush by any means, but if they are actually worse???? That tells me the entire government is in turmoil.

Yes true... I do see the CONSERVATIVE opperations in a negative light.
I do not understand why these ACCUSATIONS were not leveled before.
There is a fine line between doing what is "RIGHT" and doing what is opportunist.

If I did not live through the assassination of KERRY, I would not suspect political expediency,

How ever the GOP has a track record of this...

In regards to John Mccain, I would have nothing against him if he was the man he was
in 2000.

Yes I am a LIBERAL...

NO I am not blind... I am aware and sensitive to the divide and conquer that has dominated the past two cycles.

My gut instinct tells me this SMEAR CAMPAIGN is no different then 2004.

Second - this current CONGRESS has had the most procedural obstruction in recent history.

ANYWAYS we will see come next year - The dems will be in the driver seat and the prof
will be in the pudding.

And on the contrary- I do see both sides... I do not infer what you infer from OBAMAS
past. I am not certain what you expect the ramifications will be?

And on FOX... FOX is a direct voice for the WHITE HOUSE AND THE GOP.
THERE is no programing on FOX to indicate otherwise pal. IT actively promotes and
utilizes EXACT talking points PER MCCAIN and BUSH. Evidence of this is obvious when you hear the same phrases and spin being cited by FOX and GOP.

On the other hand MSNBC has MORNING JOE, on every week day morning for three
hours. Joe Scarbrough consistently kicks OBAMAs camp around everyday.

Then you have CNN with DOBBS,,, everyday PW slot,,, the guy TALKS mad crap about Obama,

I suggest you watch outfoxed and Read Scott Mcclellens book - for you to think FOX is anything more than pure modern, psych tested propaganda is silly.

DO you know anything about MURDOCH and his personal, political and business agenda? If you would read a bit you would be better informed...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
DO you know anything about MURDOCH and his personal, political and business agenda? If you would read a bit you would be better informed...

All I know is that Murdoch practically supports Obama so he must be using Fox for his agenda.

Strange world.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

in regards to your lengthy post painting FOX as one sided and throwing in Joe scarborough in with FOX??? have you acually listened to Mika? she is practically giving Obama oral sex every morning.
and you have got to be kidding about MSNBC being in it with FOX?? I may have read your post wrong but you cannot tell me MSNBC is anti- Obama???
do you remember someone's leg tingle?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Smear campaign?

Please.

If Obama were completely clean of all the things FOX is/will be discussing here, he should have no problem refuting the accusations with facts and moving on should he?

After all, FOX is only one channel that reports on these things; Obama has his own channel now.

It's easy to see why Obama supporters would be outraged at this. He can't disprove anything they claim.

This is no smear campaign my friends. It's not a smear if it's the truth.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

its really a nothing story. Infact if people find out what Ayers has done since his radical days it will probably reflect kindly on Obama.

you like to think obama would have been there setting off bombs with Ayers- thats really the conclusion the Repubs would love people to come to.

The reality is Ayers was a member of the anti poverty board i suppose evryone else on that board is a like minded "domestic terrorist" too? And Ayers collegues at the university of illinois are terrorists becuase they worked beside him?

Unfortuantely for the GOP most people can see through the smear.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Smear campaign? If Obama were completely clean of all the things FOX is/will be discussing here, he should have no problem refuting the accusations with facts and moving on should he?

I am not so sure that is correct. It is hard to refute accusations. That is why the legal system puts the burden of proof on the accuser. Charging someone with a misdeed or a crime is a very powerful thing, because your average person thinks where there is smoke, there is fire.

Any thinking person, upon hearing a bold and highly negative accusation, will immediately alter their perceptions slightly, even if the charge is completely false. A wild charge causes people to worry, "it sounds wrong, but what if it is actually true?" It is a defense and survival mechanism, genetic in nature, I am sure.

I think you can best define a "smear" as introducing a highly negative suggestion or speculation, with the intent of having people jump to a conclusion.

It's not a smear if it's the truth.

That is absolutely right. We agree on that. But I don't know if what Fox and others are saying is true. Please consider for one second: might these accusations just be completely fabricated? Is it possible?

It appears to me that people are just making a series of speculations and assumptions. And there have been so many of these floated (such as Obama lying about his religious beliefs) that I see a clear pattern of people making outrageous speculations, and not really caring about truth at all.

It seems much more likely to me that these accusations are just attempts to cast doubt, and instill anger.

If that is the case, then the people making these charges are just trying to manipulate us through false accusations.

Edit: To fix a bunch of misspellings. Might be more....

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Buck Division]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join