It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Persecution or Imagination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of Biblical teachings. I guess you also have no problem with making light of MURDER. Good for you.

If you [and the three people thus far who starred your post] are truly more concerned with me calling someone a sick bastard for their expressing approval of the murder of men, women, and children due to their beliefs than you are concerned with the person who is actually expressing the approval of such actions, then your opinion of me (or of anything, for that matter) is absolutely meaningless to me.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
Now, now...
That kind of language isn't very Christian of you, is it? What have they been teaching you at bible school? Shouldn't the example, and the "teachings", of Jesus put you above the swamp, your words have just put you in?

You are absolutely right. My apologies.

I should have gone with brood of vipers, swine, or dogs, or one of the terms Jesus himself used. My bad. Please forgive me.

Oh yeah...that's going to encourage a lot of people to follow him.
Good job(working for satan).

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

Eric, what don't you understand about the difference between persecution and enforcing laws in an entirely different system than we have over here in America? You're not going to get from me what you want so forget about it.

I guess that I agree with that. We seem to be speaking two different languages. You seem to think that persecution can't exist if it is legally sanctioned. I don't see that as being true.

I believe that you couldn't be more wrong and I'm fairly certain that you believe the same of me. Good enough. No one is making headway here.

Eric

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

As for the poor Christians in the concentration camps, there where many more executioners, then executed...

I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you explain please?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Every nation has certain people they persecute. Christians in general are not being persecuted as a whole. There may be some in the Middle East who are but those living in the major countries are not. Just look at the Vatican, if someone claims they are persecuted then he is a liar. In North America, the Christians are nowhere near persecution.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Every nation has certain people they persecute. Christians in general are not being persecuted as a whole. There may be some in the Middle East who are but those living in the major countries are not. Just look at the Vatican, if someone claims they are persecuted then he is a liar. In North America, the Christians are nowhere near persecution.

I think that the point is that you would be hard pressed to find a representative sampling of Christians who claim to be persecuted.

The postulation that Christians are running around claiming to be persecuted is a canard. It's not happening.

I firmly believe that if you hear Christians discussing persecution it is in the context of brethren in peril in areas controlled by oppressive regimes who do not tolerate any dissent.

Eric

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Did you not read that the whole reason I posted this is because, in another thread, someone was claiming to in fact be a persecuted Christian? Not to mention, I just so happened to have grown up surrounded by Christians who claimed to be persecuted every time someone looked at them funny...
And I just so happened to have lived all over this country, so don't try to insult me by saying it's merely the area. Not everyone is as idiotic as you'd like them to be just because they disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
oh no were not persecuted at all are we ... its all in our minds

World Evangelical Alliance Reports Two Hundred Million Christians Persecuted Worldwide

The Geneva Report 2002 revealed that an unprecedented number of Christians now face disinformation, discrimination, and outright persecution worldwide. It detailed specific cases of persecution in India, Greece, Cyprus, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, China and Sudan. The Religious Liberty Commission of World Evangelical Alliance presented the findings at the United Nations Commission on Human Rights on April 8, 2002.

two hundred million christians persecuted world wide

more of our paranoia perhaps?

Rising nationalism and fundamentalism around the world have meant that Christianity is going back to its roots as the religion of the persecuted.

There are now more than 300 million Christians who are either threatened with violence or legally discriminated against simply because of their faith - more than any other religion. Christians are no longer, as far as I am aware, thrown to the lions. But from China, North Korea and Malaysia, through India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, they are subjected to legalised discrimination, violence, imprisonment, relocation and forced conversion. Even in supposedly Christian Europe, Christianity has become the most mocked religion, its followers treated with public suspicion and derision.

Christians most persecuted people on earth

just FYI

Persecution.org

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

I have a subscription to that.
This thread is about people here in America who believe they are "persecuted" if, say, someone doesn't hold the door open for them when they walk into a store. Or if their house is the only house on the block whose newspaper falls short of their doorstep(but they forget to acknowledge that there are two untrimmed bushes blocking their doorstep)...etc...etc. This has nothing to do with senseless violence all over the world.

It's a horrible world, when you take it all in, and a LOT of people are suffering, regardless of religious beliefs.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
check out this pie chart for some info

I think this really is a tactic used by many groups, especially religions, to claim opression. Two other groups who seem really big on it are the jewish faith and scientologists.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

Originally posted by AshleyD

Now, now...
That kind of language isn't very Christian of you, is it? What have they been teaching you at bible school? Shouldn't the example, and the "teachings", of Jesus put you above the swamp, your words have just put you in?

You are absolutely right. My apologies.

I should have gone with brood of vipers, swine, or dogs, or one of the terms Jesus himself used. My bad. Please forgive me.

Oh yeah...that's going to encourage a lot of people to follow him.
Good job(working for satan).

Oh get off it already, as if you give a damn, it's pretty clear to us what you are about and caring about those one might have led to the lord doesn't fit the profile. No,, ashley said it like it is and while you want to make us all sick with your sugary sweetness giving us a diabetic coma, Ill take the drop dead common sense and honesty of the swamp.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TALIN

LOL I couldn't help but be confused when I read the O.P. accuse someone else of declaring something idiotic because they don't agree... when the O.P. themselves declared religious beliefs as 'stupidity' and trivialized religious persecution because of their personal disagreement of stupid religion.

Go figure.

Mod edit: snipped quote

[edit on 2008/10/6 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Persecution Update October 6, 2008

Persecution is very real and ongoing. Here are some very recent examples from various areas.

The barbarian poster that remarked that in India they are preventing religious stupidity is incredibly ignorant ; for the ones doing the persecuting are usually Buddhist monks not secularists. So much for that vain attempt to rationalize your perverted blood lust.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Persecution Update October 6, 2008
Persecution is very real and ongoing. Here are some very recent examples from various areas.

That was already acknowledged. There are many different types of persecution. The persecution I'm speaking of is the persecution people right here in America are claiming they are suffering just because someone treats them badly. My point is, people are treated badly all over the world, but Christians read in the Bible that they will be oppressed and so every time someone does anything bad to them, they believe it's because they are a Christian.

...for the ones doing the persecuting are usually Buddhist monks not secularists. So much for that vain attempt to rationalize your perverted blood lust.

I have a bloodlust? Because I disagree with people pushing their religion onto other people? I never said I agree with the violent methods of dealing with these religion pushers. You're trying to add meaning to what I said because you are on a witch hunt and are painting a mountain out of a molehill...typical of you "christians". Someone disagrees with you so you form an angry mob, exaggerating every little detail you can exaggerate.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As I see it, with the variety of religions or dogmas in worship in the United States, Christians are no as bad off as they have been. With the New Agers taking the brunt of the discrimination. I think that as I see more and more signs saying Jesus Saves and other Christian propeganda- I think that it has faded into a mainstreap place where it is only when the name Jesus or God is questioned that it really arises as a problem. However; mention Tiamat and everyone flys off the handle...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wish I had more to say about this, but I just have not seen masses of Christians claiming to be persecuted. If they are out there though I would hope that they would stop whining.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
I wish I had more to say about this, but I just have not seen masses of Christians claiming to be persecuted. If they are out there though I would hope that they would stop whining.

Go into any church and ask anyone if they feel "persecuted" just for being a Christian. I've done it. I've asked people. I've made poles on Christian forums and I know people, personally. Their answers had nothing to do with the actual REAL suffering overseas by other Christians.

I never denied the MUCH suffering all over the world, by many groups of people for many reasons, including religious beliefs, and I never agreed violence was justified. Violence, in fact, sickens me.

And, frankly, I'm a little tired of having to explain myself to people who purposely ignore the truth of what I'm saying and are trying to paint it into something evil, adding meaning to what I said...just because I disagree with their beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join