It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS needs change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
We can't have the same kind of conspiracy topics we've had for the last 8 years. We need change.

Aliens, UFO's, New World Order? That's not change. THAT IS MORE OF THE SAME.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What would you suggest? I'll patronize you for now, what do you think should be the new topic on the block? Really.
Though, I see new topics popping up all the time. Space Exploration tends to get new stuff. War on Terror is kinda slow, pop on in there and get to posting.
Global Meltdown is pretty much worldwide panic kinda stuff, that can always use some intellegence imput.

Start a new topic yourself on a subject you don't see covered enough.
Be pro-active.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I'd love for this forum to make a board about geopolitics. Taking information and posting it on there which doesn't have to do with the WOT necessarily but have to do with global politics on a large scale. That kind of stuff. I'd also like to see a board where we could talk about local politics and local news.

I'd just like a break from mainsteam conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Local news? :shk:

Look, the problem you're going to have with that is a lack of interest. You're going to have some shmoe post something of little to no relevance to world affairs and people are going to start complaining.

For example: "Girl, 9, dies in Latexo,Texas." Now, I don't know where you live, but that probably has little to no interest to you. However, that is my point..... People will start posting such threads if you do a "local news" section here.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Local news around here in Maryland is pretty exciting actually.

The FBI likes to raid our governor's homes.

I think that sort of thing deserves some notice on a public forum like ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I'd love for this forum to make a board about geopolitics. Taking information and posting it on there which doesn't have to do with the WOT necessarily but have to do with global politics on a large scale.

Have ya seen the Global News Forum? It's exactly what your describing and it can always use a boost in posts.

As for:

That kind of stuff. I'd also like to see a board where we could talk about local politics and local news.

There is always room for relevant topics from local sources at theBreaking General News Forums. In fact, what you are describing is BelowTopSecret.com and it's a great break from ATS with all the same features!

Check 'em out!
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
We can't have the same kind of conspiracy topics we've had for the last 8 years. We need change.

Aliens, UFO's, New World Order? That's not change. THAT IS MORE OF THE SAME.

These are ongoing conspiracies, which is why they are still active, and still gain a lot of intrest for members. I remember one of my first threads was about a Murder Suicide in Calgary AB, and like NO ONE commented. I thought it was important and would get some people talking - however - it didn't. What is local for me, and hits close to home - as someone said already - probalby doesn't intrest you all that much.

But, if there is something going on in Maryland that you would like to draw our attention to, feel free to start a thread
Seriously, if its something you truly believe is of interest to more people (than just those in Maryland) go for it. Theres no reason why conspiracies can only be linked to 911, NWO, JFK etc... its just that these are the ones that interest people the most.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I still think there should be some kind of board dedicated to local politics.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Don't you get it?

ATS "is" change.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Perhaps this will help: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I agree, do we need another thread about:
aliens liking the internet[
david icke and reptilians
was the global crisis engineered by the nwo
dates on those threads - today and yesterday.
I'd say you're as guilty as the rest.

truth is, the content is provided by the members and this is, apparently, what they want to talk about.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Ok, fine you've pointed out that my record is wrong on a few accounts, that I do make posts that go with the mainstream conspiracies. I do however think that ATS would benefit from a break from conspiracy talk.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by CA_Orot

I still think there should be some kind of board dedicated to local politics.

I think there already is. It might not be completely "local" but is does narrow it down.

Regional Politics

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Right, but isn't that primarily for conspiracies regarding regional politics?

I was suggesting something where we could just talk about local politics. So we could have a forum where we could talk about local politics, crimes, and snipers, and stuff like that. It doesn't have to be about conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well, we talk about politics in general in the other political forums. Not everything involves a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join