It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS EliteXC-Slice Kimbo A Farce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
sports.yahoo.com...

sports.yahoo.com...

After being beaten in 14 seconds by the under dog the myth of Kimbo Slice has fallen flat.

But its not really on Kimbo is it? He didn't say he was the greatest, the promoters did. He didn't set up the matches, the promoters did. He just played his part. And I don't blame him he has children to take care of and if playing the part of the "worlds greatest" will put his kids through school who is to blame him?

But now EliteXC is scrambling to pick up the pieces. Hey, maybe they will start a women's division and promote me as the worlds greatest?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
total upset.

at least gina carano beat some ass.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
just damn, watched it again. Just DAMN!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It is fighting (MMA), anything can happen. It is not written out. Anyone can get knocked out at any time, even the greats! Kimbo is a street warrior who got caught early in round. He will be back, and still be exciting to watch...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I was so happy to see that.

As a long time fan of MMA, I'm glad to see Kimbo take a good beating. I've always felt the man was bad for the sport, so I'm happy to see him go down like a girl.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Hey, I'm sure a girl would have gone down in a different way, lol. But Kimbo Slice I don't think can be blamed. The hype, the matches, everything was Elite XC promoters, not him. Like the hype for the Viking, the Bengals, and the Packers. If you followed the hype they'd be 6-0 or whatever but they aren't. So are we to blame those teams for sucking? Or the people who hyped them up?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

We blame the athletes, or fighters, or whoever.

I don't care how much hype someone has, if they can't go out and preform, too bad.

That's just me though.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

But Slice never said any of it, or put any of it together. It was all promoters. If you told me you'd pay me 5,000,000 dollars to act like the greatest female fighter eva I'd be out there. Sure I'm not the greatest or even mediocre fighter but if you pay me I will come. Hmm, that kinda sounded dirty lol.

new topics

join