It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are the American people going to win an election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You always see the headlines. Democrats win or Republicans win.

I just want to know when are the American people going to win?

It certainly won't be this election will it? America deserves much more than we have been getting from the Democrats and Republicans. They are no longer responsive to the voice of the people. They have been seduced by big, easy money to listen to people who do not even reside in their Congressional districts.

And what about the secrecy involving every aspect of government? It is our government. We should not have to file FOIA requests to find out what our own government is up to. Our government has been hijacked and we need to take it back. I propose that this cannot be done as long as we keep electing Democrats and Republicans. We have been electing Democrats and Republicans for the last 100 years or so and things have gotten progressively worse all the time since.

Real change cannot take place unless we really change who we are electing to represent us. The folks we have been electing for the last 100 years or so have not been doing the job we have been paying them to do. Instead they pocket their paychecks and do the bidding of big business.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The American people will start to winn a election when they start to question the media. Right now the American people are falowing the order and agenda set by the media. You are not in controll you are being controlled.

The media is a tool controlled by the coperated state. And its a tool used to shape the peoples thoughts and ideas to fit the agenda.

The media gave you two candidates Obama and McCain aint that a bit odd. When Ron paul is the one you realy want. The statistisk say so but the media dont care about what you want they dont work for you people.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That is about the best answer to the problem I have heard. There are too many people that debate "their side" of the issues because their information comes from the slanted semi-information they are spoonfed from the MSM. More people need to spend less time in front of the tv and actually do the research for themselves. Your solution is contengent on the fact that lazy Americans could be persuaded to get up and do the work.
While ATS is a great site for debate and learning, I personally do not rely simply on this site for all of my information. I certainly hope many of you feel the same.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
oohh im sorry, the death star will be fully operational by the time your people vote again. the govt system, "all of them involved", already have the puppet set up for the job and that will be mccain, wether you want him or not. so now you know who the next president will be. ok.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
When will the people win?

Zeitgeist Addendum has it right. When money is no longer the fuel of the world. Please watch it, it pretty much sums up the errors of our ways this far, and why the planet is in the state it is in.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The people will win when they wake up and quit voting for one of the two branchs of the corporate party.When will that be?Maybe when the countrys bankruptsy comes crashing down on them.Maybe not even then.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Before elected, be I the individual.

We need not elect any. We need just be letting the best proposals come into law without giving a damn who it came from. The problem is when ppl allow the person a shine instead of just the works a shine. I'm sure a criminal has a better proposal, but since ppl based things on the who instead of just the works alone nothing can get done except butt kissing someone throughout everything they do after just one thing was cool by 'em. This is why ppl take the good with the bad, instead of just only take the good and leave off the bad.

So the ppl win when they let the best works win reguardless the person who brought it forth.

If a preschooler has the best proposal we should not know it was a preschooler and just let the work come into law without question as to the who. I mean, if ppl found out the who they'll be biased and judgmental and prolly look for dirt on the kid. So maybe the kid stabbed another kid with a pencil, but still the proposal is the best so we should go with it and not seek the who made it to begin with so that way a lot of good stuff comes without the bad stuff.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

That sounds pretty good to me. I think that parties/gangs need to be eliminated. And lobbying needs to be outlawed. It should be a capital crime to try and bypass the voters and influence a Congressman or Senator.

In addition Senators and Congressmen who are found guilty of taking bribes should get the death penalty along with whoever was bribing them.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Great point! I wish we would go to gold. Not a gold standard, but actual gold coins.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Totall spot on. We need to choose our own candidates and pay attention to the issues.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
IMO, when you can convince Americans to get better educated in American civics, government, and politics, only then will Americans win an election.

People no longer care about our government and how it is formed. All they care about is what the government is going to give them.

Ask people why they voted for their candidate and I bet your number one answer will be because I liked him. They probably can't even tell you what their candidate stood for.

People believe the MSM because they are too lazy to do their own research. They no longer question what they hear. They prefer to be pampered and cradled.

Until people become better educated and informed in the process, you will continue to see the same fools recycled into our government and contributing to the same old mess they helped to create in the first place.

new topics

top topics

join