It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spore Sparks Controversy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
www.gamedaily.com...

Apparently it's Anti Christian because it doesn't have an invisible person snapping their fingers to make everything.

And it turns out the party of Larry Criag says the game is offensive because you can make creatures that look like private parts.

So, I guess its time to see churches burning games like they burned Pokemon dolls and women. And wait for the conservatives to sue EA for millions because they don't like that you can make creatures that look like private parts.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Everyone was pretty much expecting this kind of retarded reaction. Jeez, it's just fun little game, it isn't even violent or anything, can't people just stop seeing things when they are not there.

I understand why people could go wild with a game like GTA or Postal or something like that, but Spore...come on.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm Christian, and I think these groups are getting WAY to offended by way to simple of stuff. It's a video game, big deal.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
only in america......

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Thats sertinly odd.. The game spore is a non violent game.. And you make creatures up in a type of Sims kinda inviroment.
The Sims was a great game, and I played a little bit of this spore game, and thinks its a very "cute" kind of game.

And just can't put my head around why these fundalmentalists would take issue with the game..
Oh wait, they are right wing nut bags who cry at movies like Harry Potter, and the Lion the witch and the wardrobe...

LOL laughable really.. These fundies make the world go around..
And I personally love to give them something to talk about on sunday morning!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
How ridiculous.
When the passion of the christ came out religious groups were renting out ENTIRE theaters.
Oh but harry potter is evil!

So you can take your 10 year old child to see someone brutally beaten in a manner that made most ADULTS turn their head away from the screen everyone once in awhile, but for goodness sake don't let them play a non violent game that evolves creatures! Because THAT would be un-christian of you...

Did they cry as hard when the sims introduced vampires?
And what about before that? You're pretty much "playing god" with the life of your little sims, is that anti christian?

One thing I assure you that you will NEVER see is a christian group saying that something is "too christian" at the expense of other religions, eventhough they SUPPOSEDLY teach tolerance etc.

It's a ridiculous double standard, propped up by religious nuts who have nothing better to do with their time. It's the symptom of a much larger problem.

If anyone gets THAT bent out of shape over a video game as non violent and "PG" as spore, they need to go live in a hole in the ground where they can't see or hear anything.

Another good point to make, even if they had modeled the game on christian beliefs, these same religious zealots would have found something to complain about. Why? Because that is all they are doing, looking for SOMETHING (anything) to complain about.

Starred and flagged, thank you for pointing this out I never heard about this before.

top topics

join