It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
To keep this short and sweet I will just suggest this idea and respond to comments as I tried to explain my viewpoint before but it appeared to be too long for any interest or seemed to lack understanding from others.

Imagine you were god and you wanted to improve yourself and have a deeper self understanding.

How could that be possible if you were god??

A logical step would to split yourself up into seperate skills, people, backgrounds etc and run a test of simultaneous experiences all at once and in conflict with each other.

The result would be an all knowing understanding of your own skills, weaknesses if any, knowledge and purpose.

I have tried to condense something that I thought of and believe into something that is just a suggestion without typing a tonne of paragraphs explaining how it makes sense.

I appreciate any thoughts or inputs.

(If this may be in the wrong category please move it accordingly thanks)

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, if I were God (the being who existed before time and space), then I would not have any weaknesses, I would be all powerful and everything.

This is kind of a weird question/experiment, seeing how it doesn't look like it will get very far, you have to consider, we humans are finite, we are temporary, the finite being able to conceive and understand the infinite is pretty much impossible.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

If you were to experience life through billions of lives almost simultaneously then it would make you god knowledge wise.

Which in turn supports what you say as god is infinite in terms of possibilities but it also supports the fact that infinite beings may not know everything about a finite life as there is a major difference.

See where im coming from?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If you were a god the only god,no other conscious other than yourself in existence.
You could not know everything.
Example: To experience the emotion of love/or deception you need another free minded individual to love or be deceived by.

So to me it makes sense that a god would need to create us with free will to gather more knowledge to add to the collective consciousness.

Does that make sense? lol

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

It makes sense to me as this is the viewpoint I share and im not ready to hit the two post paragraphs yet lol as it got such a non response the last time maybe due to my lack of explanation or lack of understanding. Im unsure

Not just that but the fact that you would want to learn about emotions and deeper understanding etc.

Nice post

[edit on 4-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sometimes too much information can scare away the ones your trying to reach out to.

This is a link to a book i have read that gave me a much deeper understanding of our existence you should read it,its also a free E-book
The freedom of choice

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I will apply for this book and have a read of it as you recommend as i sounds pretty interesting to say the least.

I had a dream that made me know of what i mention and without sounding like a crazy person it makes too much sense of reality for me in what happened in this dream. I was always a person that was questioning things to the core and the fact that I know through both experience with things that have happened to me and what I try to categorise as thoughts (as I do not like to believe in anything other than acceptable things in society as we know) it just seems too far fetched for my on beliefs yet I cannot argue against it.

For a guy as young as me in my twenties I have a lot of life experience with so many different groups and I often wonder why me.

Heck of a self conflict when it comes to religion and politics to mention a small amount.

I am also quite frustrated as I am a young outgoing guy and its hard to speak with close friends about this as its not a normal conversation topic and would just lead to ridicule.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah i know the feeling.

These days i lead by example and over time people start asking for your viewpoint on a mix of subjects.
Only when they ask are they really willing to listen.

So in my opinion just live your life according to your morals and let everyone see what an intelligent enlightened person is all about.

You will soon have people wanting to know more about you.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I already have people asking me about experience which you can view from my signature but the thing that is making me conflict is the topic im speaking of in this thread.

Im beginning to wonder if im actually going insane lol as it is literally like I have my physical experiences and my spiritual experiences (only word i can think of) and I am not a spiritual person in any way. I do not follow church etc.

My morals have always been as good as i can make (do to others what you would do to yourself) them but I keep sort of seeing dreams, vision or thoughts as i try to put it as sanely as possible that just do not fit into me as a person if that makes sense.

Its also effecting my family life as I cant relate to others because of what i see ie pain to come and i feel im going to suffer extreme loss so by cutting it off it wont happen as bad.

I am not saying that I am psychic as its different and hard to put into words not just hard but extremely hard. Its like I am dreaming of being a different person or being in a different world.

I know that might sound insane but it doesnt seem that way to me and is really bothering me as I never got dreams like this until around a ago and the reason im actually mentioning it is because its getting worse.

I ahve also worked in the field of science and have studied psychology so I understand that this is not a mental illness at least none documented and I dont see myself as the first of an illness so im puzzled.

Im kinda opening my heart out here but I couldnt give a damn as me as a person is fine if that too makes sense.

this is the sort of comment I would have ripped to heck a few years back and i still want to now as i do not believe in this but that is the very reason i am conflicted.

The reason I mention that it seems insane is due to my father telling me I am similar to my grandad who he claims is just like me with his ramblings which make me wonder as ive never known my grandad due to my fathers influence but my grandfather was always digging deep into conspiracies, politics and corruption. I wonder if I am onto anything or if im losing my sanity through everything ive been told now.

I dont feel like I am but given the facts i wonder lol

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I had similar thoughts after reading the following thread...
ATS Thread Death & Parallel Universes

My version of God asked the question, "Does God roll dice?". If so, how? What if the "mind of God" was similar to our mind. There are different hemispheres and areas that control separate and distinct functions. Would this allow God to not necessarily know all things in the way that our mind creates "fuzzy logic" that hopefully leads to a logical conclusion?

We could then be a distinct entity learning through the different "slices/dimensions" all at the same time. We would still be God... but just a very limited aspect of the mind of God.

"Where is my mind...... where is my mind..... where is......???????

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Its sort of like a god in reverse. We have all the clues here and god does not exist.

All of our experiences, ie human race, will reach the finish line and only one will at the end. God is the winner of the human race which may be near or far into the future and will have all our experience in one body.

God can reach any time and space so he (you) can help you on your path.

It sort of makes sense but I had a vision of the end of this which made me think of it all.

Bull.......... maybe?

right now im wondering

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I think this is exactly what we are, what everything is.

One consciousness that experiences itself, by splitting up into parts for interaction.

Every part starts at the bottom and works it's way up, until it has gained enough knowledge to return to the source.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

I agree totally but i think that the return to the source.... makes the source if that makes sense

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sounds like your awakening to the bigger picture kinda like your avatar neo.

One thing that has helped me understand myself and the world around me is ...i no longer judge anyone i always look at the reason behind every action or thought.
My new motto is "everyone does what they do for a reason good or bad"

And also in my understanding there really is no good or bad...just experience and knowledge.

I think you need look deep into yourself and be completely honest with yourself...so you can answer your own questions as only you really know the answers.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Its strange what you say as I always have an ability to be sympathetic in terms of seeing others views. I only picked my avatar as I felt it appealed but it could also be seen as thinking I have some sort of god syndrome lol.

I seem to have a lot of similarities to you from what you write in your views.

My viewpoints are that everything that goes around comes around therefore if someone were to shoot me they are only shooting themselves as we are all the same person if that makes sense.

It is a plus having no fear but I do find myself conflicting with the fact that I came to this viewpoint from a dream, it is insane to me but acceptable to another part of me.

I used to dream of damn stupid things without meaning and ever since I keep dreaming things that give me deja vu or problems that manifest into reality if you get me.

I first felt that im giving it too much thought, but circumstances made that beyond belief in itself so I find myself wondering just how far the rabbit hole goes. Hence the avatar in a deeper meaning ther than a damn good film.

As I am contradicting myself here I feel a deep conflict with myself all the time now as I have my mind then I have my Mind sort of speak lol

crazy it seems

Maybe im the only guy who didnt get the brain instruction manual

top topics

join