It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A story for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Jim,
I'm a member of ATS and have written a short story that I thought you might like. If you would like to use it on your website, feel free, but kindly just attribute the story to a Father and Grandfather who mourns for this country.
This is a bedtime story that I have penned to tell our children when they are old enough to understand:

It is now midnight. The reprieve from the House never came. The Switch is pulled, and Democracy in America has been extinguished. The Executioners were those that we Entrusted to care for our well-being. As the life wained from our bodies, our lives flashed before us. We thought of our loved ones, the sacrifices that so many made to secure our Freedom, our Founding Fathers, who escaped the Tyranny of Kings and Despots to establish that shining City on the Hill, now replaced by new Kings and Despots, with names such as Bush, Pelosi, Frank, Obama, McCain, and the list goes on. We looked at our children and our grand children, who were forced to watch our execution. With our last dying breath, we called out to them:

"Continue the Fight. Do not give in. Unite. Don't let the new rulers divert you with false arguments between two mythical political parties. They are just bread and circuses. We love you children, grand children. We leave you our spirit and our history. Use it wisely. Live to fight another day.
As part of our legacy, we have left you documents, hidden for safe keeping, that will, with proper care and use, allow you to once again light the flame of Democracy and Freedom. Those documents are our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution of the United States, once revered as sacred, but on a Dark October Friday in 2008, burned by those despots that now control what is left of America. Read them, take their words to heart, and rekindle the flame of freedom and Democracy. It is our gift to you."

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Howdy ProfEmeritus,

I thoroughly enjoyed your "bedtime story." Too bad the somnolent American public
can't wake up long enough to hear and understand this message. But as Commander
Peter Quincy Taggart said, "Never give up!"

Jim Marrs

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thanks Jim,
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've already "Santa" for "The Rise of the Fourth Reich" for Christmas, and I'm anxious to read it. I'm just finishing up Gavin Menzies new book, 1434, and it is thoroughly enjoyable. I've corresponded with Gavin for quite awhile now, and like you and I, he's another writer that turned "accepted thought" upside down. Keep up the great work. We need more writers like you.

new topics

join