It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Knife With Your Hoodie?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, with the news coming out of GB lately, you'd say they are being set up with some sort psychological evil plot. Disturbing. But what isn't lately.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Everything is just getting silly now. I used to carry a pocket knife all the time, a very useful thing to have a simple tool with you all the time. It's a hand me down, from my father and grandfather, they both carried it for years. But now I don't dare carry it, I used to take it to work when I was a postal worker, and people acted like I was carrying a nuclear weapon. Because of stupid rules/laws/health and safety, you had to sign a knife in and out from the boss if you needed one. A couple of years ago, the knives I used for martial arts got banned, and a law even made it technically illegal for our martial arts teacher to teach us any move that could be dangerous, which was all of them! Luckily he just ignored that.

I cannot carry my tool/pocket knife anymore.
I cannot have knives for martial arts.
Technically I cannot even practise my martial art, as everyone is involved in teaching it.
I have to keep my airgun under a blanket when I transport it.

Next thing I expect to happen is the outlawing of my cricket bat I keep under my bed in case of burglers, it could already be illegal if I use it, depending on the judge/jury I get.

I am only young and I remember better times, just 15 years ago or so I used to be in the scouts, we used to carry knives, trap animals, make fires, go shotgun shooting, go climbing/caving. All of it great fun, and safe when done correctly, but I bet now scouts have to cower in the scout hut covered in bubble wrap and cotton wool in case someone stubs a toe.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
Oh to be back in the 1950's where I could go out, listen to Stan Getz play some REAL music at a club, and then drive myself home without having to worry about some idiot gangster teenager who has been brainwashed by the latest Dr. Dre CD thinking that it would be a cool idea to "cut his thug teeth" by knifing me for the $3 I would have been carrying in my wallet, the very same $3 which would have already afforded me and my lady friend a fantastic evening with no expense spared on the town.

...ONLY Someone Born IN 1985 would have the NERVE to portray the 1950's as some sort of Utopia(When EVERYONE else has NO RIGHTS,Its Quite Easy TO Have Life "Appear" Utopian For ONE RACE...But IS this "Utopia"?!?!,I Think NOT)... ...Yes SIR,Indeed,Its ALLL Dre's Fault!,I Mean,The Man Is Obviously Insane...What with NOT having ANY criminal troubles for nearly 20+yrs...LOL Small Minded Generalizationist Child ;-)...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

well jeeeezzzz, the powers that be have to promote violence!!! why is this so hard to understand. why do you think it is so easy to get a gun here across the pond? fear! fear! fear!....weapons! weapons! weapons!. you have to understand that peace and freedom just doesn't pay the bills anymore. tell you what...go into a movie and game rental store and conduct your own survey on the percentage of violent media compared to peaceful media. we are all being fed this stuff to acclimate us to continual violence. peace and harmony are not profit centers.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have three or four hoodies.

They're nice when it's cold.

Maybe when I retire in a few years, I'll start a gang at my retirement home.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

DrBones666
I wasn't born until 1985, and my generation would rather listen to some idiot "rap" (Retard Attempting Poetry) about how I should be violent and promiscuous. And this IS considered the new cool.

Well, it depends on what you're listening to. Sure, go listen to ghostface killah and just stereotype all rap on what a few people say. Take a second out to listen to some of the more versatile people out there, for instance, Can-I-Bus. He raps about a lot of things discussed here on ATS such as ancient astronauts, cydonia, mind control, elohim, annunaki, sacred geometry.... actually, listening to his music is how I came into wondering about all these subjects. Anyway... the point is that not all rappers go on about being promiscuous and raping, killing, etc. Yes, a lot do... but for the most part rap is a multi-cultural thing with many different beliefs, views and words.

And I take great offense to the "Retard Attempting Poetry". Thats just nonsense. Go listen to a few canibus tracks, or jedi mind tricks, or perhaps jurassic five. They will lace things up that make your mind do backflips. What you are claiming is called "STEREOTYPING" and its a horrible thing man. As a lyricist I think you have rap tagged all wrong like most of the world.

As far as the knife thing goes, get over it. Here in California you are allowed to carry a pocket knife on you with a blade not to exceed 6 inches. Just because it is included on a hooded sweatshirt means nothing. It is not the companys fault if some "thug" decides to go stab someone with it. Thats like blaming a hardware store for selling glue someone can POSSIBLY get high on. The responsibility is to the user, not the maker.
-Z-

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I love the logic of some of you *snip*.

Because a hoodie comes with a pocket knife, that a street thug, whom never before in his life...ever have thought about crime, would instantly find the knife and have a revelation...."Lets stab some people!!!"

I suppose by that logic, criminals are actually good people wandering around until one day, they stumble upon a gun and all of a sudden decide at that moment to begin shooting people....because they happened to find a gun.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 3-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I see the NWO has taken over the minds of some folks in the UK.

It's clear some of you people have been brainwashed by the same folks who don't want us carrying life sustaining bottled water or nail clippers on airplanes. I used to have one of the mini Swiss tools on my keyring until it became a nuisance having to remove it every time I needed to fly. Now when I need it I don't have it, so I have to scrounge for a tool or buy something for temporary use.

I guess the UK is becoming a real prison yard and they have all the inmates programmed to accept not having common sense by allowing people to carry convenient valuable tools.

I figured some day you nutcases would want people to have a license for knives, so I have to hire someone to cut my food.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
geez folks get a bit of perspective here, here in the UK hoodies are synonymous with gang culture, dont matter if its deserved or not they just are an that aint gonna change. the culture of knife crime is on the increase, another fact that aint changing. the apparent outcry about the accessorised hoodie (although tjis is the first place i read about it an i live here) is justified. not just in that some of the little NEDS will go out to buy these hoodies just for the very fact that they have knives attached, but also like someone pointed out earlier a lot of stabbings happen circustancialy: little tony goes out at night wearing his new accessorised hoodie, never been in trouble before because when he gets picked on by the local bully he uaually runs away, not anymore he grabs his shiny new knife slashing left to right wildly at bullys face. bully is scarred for life (deservedly or not) an little tony gets sent to a young offenders unit. so it dont really matter about the size of a blade, lives are still gettin ruined.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

not anymore he grabs his shiny new knife slashing left to right wildly at bullys face. bully is scarred for life (deservedly or not) an little tony gets sent to a young offenders unit. so it dont really matter about the size of a blade, lives are still gettin ruined.

So let me get this straight... you would like to ban ALL knives altogether?? Cuz even if the kid were to go out and buy a pocketknife WITHOUT the hoodie the same thing would happen would it not? Or is it just the hoodie giving him the "bad-ass" attitude? Wouldnt the same thing apply if little tony has a screwdriver he used in woodshop? Or how about if he was walking home from baseball practice with a bat? This brings me back to my original point, ITS NOT THE TOOL, OR THE MAKER OF THE TOOL OR THE INTENTION OF WHY IT WAS MADE, ITS THE PERSON WHO DECIDES TO USE IT MALEVOLENTLY WHO'S TO BLAME. Even a small piece of plastic can be made into a prison-type shiv... but should we ban all DVD cases from being made? Nope. Just get rid of the idiots who would make a weapon out of it. Thanks.
-Z-

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
my point was that if the hoodie didnt have a knife the crime wouldnt have happened, i never said anything about banning the slae of knives or anything that could be made into a shiv. what im getting at is what possible need is there for a kid who is out at night to have a knive whatever size it is. i work with young offenders an the usual answer is "its for protection from others with them" an the others say exactly the same. iv seen the end resuls first hand and i stand by what i say, no type of weapon should be easily available to buy by anyone. that means lisceces for adults buying hunting/fishing knives, and no knives to be sold to children.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I bought several coats in the past that came equiped with a pocket that contained a whistle. They were expensive and popular coats during that time.
What young kids do you know of that dont want to posess a knife at a certain age? get a freaking grip already... "Ridiculous"? are you freaking crazy? God forbid somthing happen to the economy and people have to find food somwhere besides a supermarket, food thats shipped in from the other side of the globe. Why dont you all just calm down, if some crazy kid wants to stab sombody this was definatly not the primer to the situation. idiots.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing at all wrong with this,in my view.It costs 105 euros right?I don't think thugs can afford this kind of thing,and even if they could,they would probably use a bigger knife instead of that little guy that it came with.Are you going to ban all pocket knives as well?That would seem to be the next logical step.I never leave home without mine,I use it for a great many things.I was without one for a while,and I can think of many instances where one could have come in handy;fishing,getting an orange started with as little of the peel attached as possible,removing tags,that fort know like packaging they like to wrap goods in,and last but not least,a rudimentary self defense tool.You people above are making much ado about nothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
would you feel the same if your son or daughter came home with thier face ripped open by a 2 inch blade? an ye i do think all pocket knives should be banned from being sold to kids, an as for the times you really needed your pocket knive, fishing - your not walking down the street an suddenly decide to fish you go out prepared to fish, therefore you dont need to be carrying it with you at all times, an orange - use your fingers, tags etc, wait till you get home to take em off, a rudimentary self defence tool - this is what im talking about, if a kid has a knife as a self defence tool an uses it he could end up in prison. if it saves one life ifts worth doin

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

Originally posted by logicalview

Just as much damage as any other solid object. A walking stick would be a much more effective weapon if used properly.

Swiss Army Knives are extremely useful and convenient tools. Sensationalist stories like these only help to put law abiding citizens under increasing threat of arrest.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Spreadthetruth]

Would you rather get 2.5 inches of steel in your gut, or be hit in the same place with a wooden walking stick?

Exactly.

Honestly, just because gun crime in Yankland is beyond control, doesn't mean that other dangerous weapons are null and void.

This is a huge issue because it fully encourages and propagates knife culture, which we KNOW to be a problem in the UK.

If you are outside of it, just stfu. Some of us have to deal with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I see the NWO has taken over the minds of some folks in the UK.

It's clear some of you people have been brainwashed by the same folks who don't want us carrying life sustaining bottled water or nail clippers on airplanes. I used to have one of the mini Swiss tools on my keyring until it became a nuisance having to remove it every time I needed to fly. Now when I need it I don't have it, so I have to scrounge for a tool or buy something for temporary use.

I guess the UK is becoming a real prison yard and they have all the inmates programmed to accept not having common sense by allowing people to carry convenient valuable tools.

I figured some day you nutcases would want people to have a license for knives, so I have to hire someone to cut my food.

How about we just do the common-sense thing and request knives aren't sold with every [snip] hoodie? Is that too much for you? Honestly, stop spouting this NWO crap - these kids have no idea what you're on about, and they are still killing each other.

Yes, is it the person that makes the killer, but opportunity makes the thief - let's not put weapons straight into their hands, for crying out loud.

profanity removed

[edit on 3/10/08 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am glad you are over there across the pond friend,and not over here trying to ban simple tools.I know I could do these things you mentioned,like peeling an orange with my fingers,waiting till I get home to open ridiculous packaging,but this is why we have these tools in the first place.To ban or license knives is a ludicrous idea,but it is your right to cling to nonsense ideas.

edited for punctuation.

[edit on 093131p://3717 by daeoeste]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rory27

...ONLY Someone Born IN 1985 would have the NERVE to portray the 1950's as some sort of Utopia(When EVERYONE else has NO RIGHTS,Its Quite Easy TO Have Life "Appear" Utopian For ONE RACE...But IS this "Utopia"?!?!,I Think NOT)... ...Yes SIR,Indeed,Its ALLL Dre's Fault!,I Mean,The Man Is Obviously Insane...What with NOT having ANY criminal troubles for nearly 20+yrs...LOL Small Minded Generalizationist Child ;-)...

Ah yes, but at least my command of the English language appears to be a bit more eloquent than your own. May I ask how old YOU are?

Moderators - I take offense at being labeled a " Small Minded Generalizationist Child"

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrBones666

HA HA HA.Whether you like it or not,his point stands friend.And he is right.Furthermore,if you do not want to be classified as such,then do not fit the role with such ease.Looks like a duck,well,you know the rest.Go ahead and cry for a mod some more.I think it is amusing.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join