It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so the Bailout bill has passed, What happens now? thoughts, opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So the bill has been passed, CNN is saying bush may even sigh the bill tonight to get that check in Paulsons hands ASAP.

Question is what's going to happen now?
Will the bill help the middle class and sure up the market?
Will the bill help struggling homeowners avoide forclosure?

or

Will the bill put a small bandaid on the economy?
Will the bill do nothing and the matkets continue thier free fall?

Personally i'm not sure whats going to happen, I guess my view is this bill will do nothing but a short term fix (just long enough for Buch to get out of office) and that nothing id going to get fixed and we will all be here 3 months from now wondering what to do now.

Thoughts?
Opinions?
Comments?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I believe that it is a quick fix, its a way out for bush. Its passin the buck from him to the next President. Its mopping up the edges of a tipped over cup so the juice doesnt wet the carpet, but when its time for the shift change he's gonna run like the wind, we wont hear from or about him again, and the next pres will be blamed for letting the carpet get wet and stained.

The question is, can they clean up the mess before the mold starts to grow?

PS. sorry for the analogies, hope everyone understands my meaning

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have to agree with Dirty Harry on his assessment.

This will buy some time but there are a number of things that have to be fixed in the banking and investment industry.

Some regulation is needed. When people are making a big purchase, like a house, they will have to put some money into the deal as a down payment if they expect to get a loan. No more ...no money down deals.

I think that the next president will be dealing with this mess for some time to come.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This must be the fifth thread on this subject.

The answer to this is simple...it means we the taxpayers get to spend more money on something that we should not be paying for.

Plain and simple. Ok.

Cheers!!!!

gl2

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What's the crony mafia's next step? If Obama wins, how will they try to maneuver for greater power amid a deepening financial debacle? Higher interest rates? A demagoguic attempt to capitalize on "disclosure" of secret black budget technologies and otherworldly findings through a new kind of fear paradigm? Or more treason: instigation of various October, or rather February Surprises---manipulated attacks on the US or its surrogates to scare the public and drive people away from constitutional law?

When Congress said NO, Paulson looked like a dead buzzard fearing that he's the next thing to be eaten. Watch him: he's just a stooge for the Rothschild-Rockefeller-Goldman mafia that devised this mess. When the people are reduced to bailing out the culprits, rather than jailing them, we're one step away from Big Brother. Reality bites! 95 percent HATE those filthy pigs---that's real revolutionary potential. When the next shoe falls, don't wait for the mafia to tell you what to do.

Think ahead. See the bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with main street or wall street. The money is for buying back the bad mortgages that were packaged and sold to foreign investors. Other countries are refusing to loan the US anymore money until they buy the junk assets back. So if they don't want these overvalued mortgages then obviously they realize that the US dollar is a ticking time bomb. They are going to get rid of the 700 billion right away, and get into something safer. Essetially this means that the DOW is going down the tubes very soon, the US dollar is basically going to collapse, there's no more bubbles left to inflate. The only way the Dow and US dollar don't collapse next week is if there are more bailouts coming for foreign investors, in which case these foreign banks will wait for more money before they dump the dollar.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There is wonderful term for this situation
:

Dead cat bounce!

In January I wrote a lot in ATS what will happen but only rare listened and understood situation.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Vojvoda]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyHarry
I believe that it is a quick fix, its a way out for bush. Its passin the buck from him to the next President.

Dude, this buck has been past a lot longer than Bush has been in office.

Try Carter.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Get all the chocolate, Cheetos, whiskey, and cigarettes you can find! Panic-sex now!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Bush passing the buck? I thought the whole finacial crisis thing was a ploy by him to stay in power so how would Bush be passing the buck? Im just going by what i read on here mind you.

Originally posted by DirtyHarry
I believe that it is a quick fix, its a way out for bush. Its passin the buck from him to the next President. Its mopping up the edges of a tipped over cup so the juice doesnt wet the carpet, but when its time for the shift change he's gonna run like the wind, we wont hear from or about him again, and the next pres will be blamed for letting the carpet get wet and stained.

The question is, can they clean up the mess before the mold starts to grow?

PS. sorry for the analogies, hope everyone understands my meaning

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
So the bill has been passed, CNN is saying bush may even sigh the bill tonight to get that check in Paulsons hands ASAP.

Question is what's going to happen now?
Will the bill help the middle class and sure up the market?
Will the bill help struggling homeowners avoide forclosure?

or

Will the bill put a small bandaid on the economy?
Will the bill do nothing and the matkets continue thier free fall?

Personally i'm not sure whats going to happen, I guess my view is this bill will do nothing but a short term fix (just long enough for Buch to get out of office) and that nothing id going to get fixed and we will all be here 3 months from now wondering what to do now.

Thoughts?
Opinions?
Comments?

Everyone who voted in favor of slavery will be unelected. We need one loose cannon who tells the world the names of the people who are blackmailing the United States government. Once the enemy is known victory becomes more certain.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i believe its the next step in bringing aboout a one word superbank and a global unified currency. the majority of europe are now using the euro, and from what iv read there is a slrong possibility that most of the rest will be moving to the amero?(correct me if im wrong not too sure about amero). its only one step then to merge both.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

It's difficult to believe this wasn't always the case

In fact, it used to be that lenders couldn't lend if the combined repayments (from all borrowing) exceeded 25% of income.

When did things get so stupid ?

People won't value an 'investment' if it's cost them nothing. Only when they've made a substantial investment in something (such as minimum 10% down-payment on house or car) will they make repayments a priority.

On a $600,000 property, that's a $60,000 investment up front.
For most, saving that amount after clearing taxes and all other expenses, takes time and effort. Having made that effort, they're far less likely to renege on loan repayments --- they're keen to protect their investment -- they've already developed discipline and have established priorities in order to save the down payment. AND, lenders are far more willing to restructure repayments in the case of responsible borrowers with a proven track record.

Granting 100% loans to people such as 90 year old Ms. Polk (who was approx. 85 to 86 years of age when granted a 25 year-plus, $45,000 loan) or to anyone without a bean to their name, is simply to create problems .. and not too far down the line.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sadly, what no one seems to be talking about is the fact that the credit markets are frozen right now. Even Buffet said that the financial sector is about to go into cardiac arrest. This will be noticed severely by the middle of next week. If the credit markets don't get moving then we are in really big trouble.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

The ban on shorts ends middle of next week.
Cardiac arrest? It'll be time to get the defibrillator.

top topics

join