It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Approves Bailout For Financial Markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

House Approves Bailout For Financial Markets

www.cnbc.com

The House approved a revised $700 billion financial rescue package, ending a weeklong battle over a controversial measure after lawmakers came under pressure to head off a growing financial crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
...and the screw job is 2/3rds complete with a 100% chance the final third will commence shafting with the stroke of a pen as Bush is certain to approve it.

Wasn't free market capitalism fun, kids? Speaking of which, anybody know a good way to tell two toddlers their economic futures have been sold to the highest bidder?

www.cnbc.com

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow, look at the market dropping slowly after the news. Yup, sure represents a dramatic shift from what happened last week with the oposite voting results.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Who is going to bail out the federal government?

Are they just going to start printing more money? That will drive up inflation and make the dollar devalued against other currencies?

Raising more money through taxes is going to be necessary to fund the government. I feel sorry for the next president. Their going to inherit such a mess.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
At least this time that bill giving $20 to bicycle commuters each month they commute was in there. While the world crumbles and we all start calling each other comrade I'll keep staring at that $20 bill I got for riding my bike and repeating "soon enough I'll die, thank god" over and over.

What an awful way to end the week.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Wasn't free market capitalism fun, kids? Speaking of which, anybody know a good way to tell two toddlers their economic futures have been sold to the highest bidder?

www.cnbc.com

I suggest giving them both a cookie, and then takin it away after they already bit into it, and dont give them milk to help wash it down

oh then piss on them just to make them feel more like they're nothing

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I feel sorry for the next president. Their going to inherit such a mess.

Feel sorry for THEM? LOL! Who's going to feel sorry for we the people and we the people's children? Besides, both Obama & McCain were implicitly involved in both creating the original mess and in pushing this screw job "solution" down our throats. I don't feel sorry for them, I loathe them.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And now that it's announced, the DOW is DROPPING

WTF?? I thought they needed this!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to this thread.

Both threads were started at the same time, so the criteria used was which thread had more responses.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join