It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

american views of the british way of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
just curious as to what the american people think of the brithish way of life, ideologies, law system and the general way of life.

all opinions welcome, Be it good or bad comments your views are appreciated.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Personally,

I love your country, but you've gone way too far to the left. The nanny state, and numerous BIG brother cameras all over, London is not the London I once saw long ago, it hardly resembles anything British. Immigration and thus crime is out of control, the British are leaving Britain for Spain and France. Here the British are voting with their feet, and fleeing.

What happened?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
thanks for the post. You are right, crime and imigration are completly out of control and those who have got the means have emigrated. its a shame, we where once a proud nation. Now the majority of the poulous have turned into sheeple and do as the shepherd says.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, we as Americans are not ones to talk either. We have our immigration problems and crime as well, and it does appear that we are moving to the left also. Certainly, away from capitalism.

I hope things do get better for both our nations and our people's sake.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
In all fairness to us we have been complaining, writing letters, demonstrating etc etc, against these things happening in the UK for ages but alas the government seemed to just ignore us so some see the only other option to avoid these problems is to unfortunately imigrate to another European country.

It is now at the point where they are starting to listen to us (begrudgingly) but only because there is a chance we are going to vote them out come the next election.

But on another note good thread (s&f) it will be interesting to see if other Americans have similar views of us.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I was always under the conception that all brits stopped working at 3 pm to have tea and crumpets,and that their vehicles always broke down,then my bro in law from GB once told me"why does an Englishman drink warm beer?" because he has a Lucas refrigerator lol

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
thanks for the post. i agree, the government have seemed to be ignoring the concerns of the British citizen for decades and working towards their own agenda. But if you have the means dont run away, find out how best to help your fellow citizens and make this country great once again.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think your country is just great. But you know, one has to actually be there in order to really have an honest opinion. Basing an opinion on hear say and news articles would make the opinion second hand.

I dont like second hand stuff...well sometimes its ok but not with opinions.

But if you really want to have one from me...here goes.

I think the royalty thing is nonsense. Its a very outdated and needless part of your governing body. Long live the Queen and all that but with all due respect, I think alot of the problems over there could do without her majesty's yay nor nay, hence the "nanny" thing another poster spoke of.

As far as the camera buisness...I see no problem with that. Putting cameras in public places is an excellent idea that helps keep things in check and safe for the public. They also help save lives because rescue and authorities can see things happen long before someone picks up a phone to make an emergency call. That kind of system exsists in some public places here but not everywhere and is long overdue in the US.

And before all you invading my privacy advocates go off screaming "its an invasion of privacy" BS....get your heads out of your ass and stop to think.. a public place is NOT private!!! Did you all read that very carefully? Let me repeat...A PUBLIC PLACE IS NOT PRIVATE!!!

Its tea time so I need to go for now.

Cup o Earl Gray...hot.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

These cameras are not only in parks and City Hall. They are pointed towards business districts and residential areas.

How is private property PUBLIC property for that matter? When the government puts cameras inside city hall, that's one thing, but when cameras are pointed at business areas or residential areas, clearly those are not PUBLIC property.

The business owner, or residential home owner should be the only ones to decide to put up cameras on their property, and should do so with their own money, not at taxpayer's expense.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Gateway]

top topics

join