It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 7, kills rare animals in Australian zoo rampage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That kid is mentally ill and should be put into a psychiatric hospital. I'm disappointed that security measures did not protect the animals. As a reptile owner, I find this incident beyond sickening.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess big brother's been teaching him a thing or two.

These kids must have a set of really crappy parents. You would think that they would've put a stop to it after the incident with older one. Now instead they have at least two sadistic children.

Maybe they need to change something in the legal system out there also. I don't understand how the authorities could not do anything about this. I can see that the child is too young to be charged with a crime, but surely they should have the authority to involve the courts so they can mandate counseling in a matter like this, especially since it's pretty clear the parents aren't doing their job.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This whole freaking family obviously has some kind of major mental issue. What is wrong with these parents that these are the children that they raise? What kind of activities go on at that house?

Those parents need to go to jail, if the evil little boy is too young. And they need to be sterilized, so that they can't produce any more of them. And any additional children they may have need to be immediately removed from that environment before they start doing crap like that.

And I understand the law that he is too young to be held criminally responsible, as that is the law here, too. However, we may need to rethink those laws. When they were written, children were different. They grow up faster now, and do way more deranged stuff than they used to.

Maybe we wouldn't be hearing these kinds of stories if we did start holding children criminally responsible. At least we would probably see less adult serial killers.

Absolutely disgusting. When I read this story yesterday morning, I was literally sick to my stomach.

If that were my child, I wouldn't want him anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Don't see anything wrong, just the circle of life. Out in the wild this happens all the time, and the kid had some fun so it makes it all the more worth it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Don't see anything wrong, just the circle of life. Out in the wild this happens all the time, and the kid had some fun so it makes it all the more worth it.

Well, if it's just part of the "circle of life" for psychopaths to do horrible things to you... I won't finish the thought for fear of violating the T&C.

But I wouldn't mind it if I learned that someone "had some fun" with a person with a mentality like yours.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

The circle of life consists of animals eating other animals for survival, not sadistically torturing and killing them for fun.

Had he succeeded in entering the croc's cage and in turn been eaten by the croc then that would've been the circle of life

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Ahhh...but you see we live in societies with RULES. Which is why other people can't have a little fun and make this twisted family dissappear to prevent their genes from spreading.

But since that is not an option in our society, we will simply have to make them obey the rules as well, or lock them up if they are incapable of doing so.

BTW...Dahmer did NOT EVER torture or kill animals. He dissected roadkill but he was not cruel to animals.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You guys really need to lighten up, but I suppose the internet is serious business. www.hfstival.com...
Ok, I'll join the bandwagon and have a heart attack over the matter.

Oh my gosh, what the heck is wrong with this psycho. I can't believe he did that to these helpless animals. And to think this kid is 7 years old, what will he be like when he's older? Where were his parents when this happened, truely a sad, disgusting display of humanity. He needs to join a psych-hospital more than likely, for his sake and societies sake.

Now that we're all the same, do you feel better?

[edit on 4-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You guys really need to lighten up, but I suppose the internet is serious business.

Let me ask you, is there ANYTHING in this world that upsets or horrifies you? There has to be something; police brutality, child abuse, genocide, government atrocities, serious illness, whatever it is.

Please share so I can tell you that you need to lighten up and make fun of what you think IS important. That question is based on the assumption that you are not a complete sociopath that has absolutely no care or empathy for anything else in this world.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm guessing the boy is Aboriginal or part-aboriginal .. based on the virtual clamp-down on further information. As a rule, the Australian media would have played it up and would by now have provided photos and additional information re: the parents or older brother (alleged to have been involved in a similar crime some years ago).

In Australia, the media is forbidden to publish news/information that portrays Aborigines in negative light. Yes, the Aussie version of affirmative-action.

Since the story initially broke, there's been no further information. This is par for the course when Aborigines are involved.

To the person who commented that Alice Springs is full of drunks and druggies .. yes. Yet the child supposedly made his way through the human detrius to get to the zoo and remained undiscovered throughout his rampage.

The circle of life is impeded every minute of every hour of every day, particularly in Outback Australia, where a massively expensive army of social workers, psychologists, medical personnel and government agencies prop up an aboriginal people whose only interest in life derives from a bottle. And taxpayers' dollars provide them more than ample bottles. Indiscriminate breeding is just an offshoot of the lifestyle.

But hey .. you're not permitted to criticise if those involved have skin slightly more tanned than yourself.

If the child is aboriginal, he'll probably be dead before 30 anyway, victim of his own stupidity, alcohol, etc.

And yes, the Australian government should, surely, be withholding a tiny fraction of the largesse provided to brown-people, in order to install some form of protection for the caged animals .. to protect them against the UN-caged animals.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
I'm guessing the boy is Aboriginal or part-aboriginal

The video footage is black and white and very grainy, however the child appears to have black (or very dark hair). A seven year old with very dark hair in Australia probably does hint at ethnicity.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
I think this should be a fair assessment to the flaws in our species.
Think about it a minute, do you ever see penguins,peregrine hawks,hermit crabs or dolphins intentionally maiming other animals for "fun"?
And we call humans the most intelligent beings...

Cats toy with mice, and give them a long, slow, painful death. And cats also like to torture other animals such as spiders, and other little critters.

Many different species of monkeys kill other members in their own group just for fun, even though they don't eat meat.

Lions kill the offspring of other male lions.

Skunks , weasels, badgers and wolverines will kill for sport as well.

Crocodiles also kill for pleasure.

The female black widow spider kills her mate.

What about foxes that will wipe out an entire chicken coup, but only take one chicken to eat? Sometimes they don't even take any of the chickens.

Dolphins have been shown to ram porpoises and kill them for no reason at all, other than fun.

Elephants in Africa sometimes go on a rampage in villages, killing humans for no apparent reason.

Pit bulls kill for fun.

Opossums, like foxes have been known to kill chickens in a chicken coop, without eating any of them.

Killer whales (orcas) have been known to kill smaller species of whales, and eat their liver but leave the rest of the carcass.

As far as maiming and not killing, what about deer who lock antlers and fight? Same with any other male animals that fight and maim each other. Sure, it's to win the affection of a female, but couldn't the same be said about two male humans who fight with each other?

-LS

[edit on 4-10-2008 by LogicalSolution]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalSolution

But we're 'human' and there's is, supposedly, a missing link in the chain connecting us to animals

That missing link, supposedly, is responsible for our general superiority and more evolved emotions, such as compassion, kindness, empathy, etc.

However, I'm perfectly content to label the child in question an unevolved animal. In fact, if anyone needs me to sign a petition whereby the little animal in question be placed .. along with his siblings, parents and wider family .. in a cage, to be exhibited -- zoo like -- as examples of unevolved humanity, just drop me a U2U and I'll sign it in a flash.

Cage would be the best place for them, in my opinion.

Then, when we have enough of them in cages, we could feed them to valuable zoo-creatures, such as crocodiles (salt water variety)

Should appeal to the 'illuminati' too. Very cost-effective and 'natural' means of culling the population, which, we're told, is a priority.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalSolution

Humans kill other humans too.

Is your post suggesting that we just go buck wild on the street?

As for the person who is saying, (without outright saying it) that Aborigines are pretty much a bunch of useless drunken losers, I will point out that there seems to be a connection with having your land, your culture, and your ability to control your own destiny taken forcibly away from you and the shattering of the individual spirit to the degree that alcoholism becomes an attractive solution. We do not only see this in cultures where the people are tan, we also see it in cultures where those oppressed are white.

In fact, I think that was some of the commentary used to describe the original white settlers of Australia by those in a better economic position in their home country. It seems to me that any group of people oppressed, abused and treated like dirt seem to do poorly. Maybe it isnt an indication on their inherent value, but rather an indication that if you treat a group of people like dirt they tend to do poorly.

Part of it is simply the golden rule. Those who have the gold make the rules. After all, wholesale slaughter and oppression of groups of people, and the theft of their land, etc., would be against the law if the Aborigines were doing it to white people. (Or the Native Americans began doing that here in America) but when it was done to them it was simply the right thing to do. Gods will. I think it is just justification myself. I dont see a vast difference between people except that those who win get to retroactively proclaim their behavior "righteous" while those who lose are called "criminal" if they behave in exactly the same way.

Incidentally, I dont think it matters one whit what ethnic group the child belonged to. It isnt like there arent white children capable of doing the exact same thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
But we're 'human' and there's is, supposedly, a missing link in the chain connecting us to animals

That missing link, supposedly, is responsible for our general superiority and more evolved emotions, such as compassion, kindness, empathy, etc.

Oh please. Humans manage to excel in some areas brilliantly, but we are still animals in every sense of the word. There are animals that show FAR greater consistency and devotion when it comes to pair bonding and the rearing of offspring.

And before you say "well for animals that is instinct, not free will" realize you can't attribute the positive traits of some animals to "instinct" and claim when humans display those traits it is a sign of intellectual superiority while choosing to say negative human traits are instinct at the same time. It is both or neither.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Oh please don't preach New World Order style UNTIL AFTER you have spent say .. twenty years living amongst them, ok ?

Do you know how BIG Australia is ? If not, go Google it

THEN, maybe you'll explain WHY these so called 'nature loving' 'environmentally aware' creatures FLOOD to the civilized areas and always HAVE, since the first TINY ship arrived on Australian shores.

Then, when you've done that, why not do some real research and learn how the early white pioneers made very generous provision for the aborigines, from the word go.

But the Aborigines were desperate to hang around white settlements.
Not the romantic version of noble savages wanting to 'protect their land'. Oh no. The aborigines, then as now, saw the whites as providers and no matter how many times they were encouraged to go back to their 'tribal lands', the aborigines insisted on hanging around white settlements for a free meal, a free drink, a free anything.

And nothing's changed. The Australian government has to spend a literal fortune to pay Aborigines to go live 'native style' and to perpetuate their 'culcha'. The Aborigines take the money, flop up and down in paint and grass skirts desultorily for paying tourists who want to experience 'the real Australia' ... and then in a flash, those 'proud indigenous people' drop the act and head back to the pub (their true ancestral home) until the next tourist coach is due.

And of course, I'm sure you're aware that there are MORE claiming to be Aboriginal now than at ANY time in history. A mere 2 to 3 hundred thousand when Cook landed. There are ten times that many now, claiming 'aboriginality'. Why not ? Who wouldn't take money for being slightly brown. The fact that many who claim 'aboriginality' have more Lebanese, Cook Islander, Maori and Afghani blood than indigenous doesn't matter a jot. It's the taxpayer who's paying for the glorification of browness, after all, not the politicians .. who don't have their aboriginal brothers living in THEIR suburbs, thank you very much.

Yes, they had 'their' land 'taken from them'. Wow.

With 200,000 to 300,000 Aborigines, all armed with spears, sticks, intimate knowledge of the terrain and pitted against a few dozen exhausted sailors who'd just completed a harsh round-world, six month voyage in a sardine can .... must have been an absolute blood-bath, right ? How could ALL those spear wielding Aborigines have 'lost' their land to such a TINY 'invading' force ? Tell me.

No? Can't explain ? Nor can anyone else, other than to say the Aborigines didn't so much 'lose' their land as 'offer it up for a bottle of rum'. And nothing's changed.

Always fascinated me, these claims of 'stolen Aborigine land'.
Never hear people getting their knickers in a knot about the 'stolen British lands', do we ? Yet the Romans invaded Britain far more aggressively than the poor handful of sailors who fell out of the row-boats and onto the coast of Australia.

Yeah .. go live with the Aborigines for a while. Do you a world of good. Seriously.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hey, hey, hey !

Don't put words in my mouth, thanks all the same

Instead, seeing you claim to know my beliefs better than I, why not trawl back through the past few days of my posts until you find the one that asserts (in relation to another topic entirely) that we ARE animals .. as illustrated via our eustachean tubes, our tail bones, our incidence every so many thousand births of webbed hands and feet, etc.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You guys really need to lighten up, but I suppose the internet is serious business.

Now that we're all the same, do you feel better?

No life is serious business. And any person that would do something like that, especially such a young child has serious problems that need to be dealt with.

No one wants you to be the same (as if that were possible) you're entitled to your values, just as we are to ours.

You know if you take offence to the fact that i take it very seriously and voice my opinion about it, when any person hurts, tortures, kills, or is cruel to any animal there's this little button on my post that says ignore, feel free to use it

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I beg you to differ that is fact wrong. Just because they clamped down does not mean he is aboriginal it just means he is a minor and he simply cant be identified. There was an incident in Lismore where three aboriginal minors attacked a young couple in a park in the centre of Lismore where the young man was brutally bashed resulting in a broken jaw and his girl freind was raped they followeed the report through and advised the public that the juvinilles had been caught in Ballina in a housing estate.

The follow through from there depends on the media interest the police are not going to make a press release every time an juvinille aboriginal is found committing a crime

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
this kid obviously has issues that need to be addaresed.
i would even venture to gues that he may be abused in some way at home or by some other family member. he holds a great degree of agression inside and is looking for a way to release it on someone that is less helpless than himself.
he obviously has been in situations where he feels helpless and this leads me to believe he is being abused in some way.

or he could just be a little a-hole

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join