It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Here's How to Fix the Mess on Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Michael Moore: Here's How to Fix the Mess on Wall Street

www.alternet.org

I would like to propose my own bailout plan. My suggestions, listed below, are predicated on the singular and simple belief that the rich must pull themselves up by their own platinum bootstraps. Sorry, fellows, but you drilled it into our heads one too many times: There... is... no... free... lunch. And thank you for encouraging us to hate people on welfare! So, there will be no handouts from us to you. The Senate, tonight, is going to try to rush their version of a "bailout" bill to a vote. They must be stopped. We did it on Monday with the House, and we can do it again today with the Senate.

It is clear, though, that we cannot simply keep protesting without proposing exactly what it is we think Congress should do. So, after consulting with a number of people smarter than Phil Gramm, here is my proposal, now known as "Mike's Rescue Plan." It has 10 simple, straightforward points.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
OK, he's not everyones cup of tea, but what he says here actually makes a lot of sense to me.

He also makes the point that the 400 richest people in the US are actually worth more than the rest of the population combined, and yet these are the people being bailed out!

There are some interesting idea's here.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
He makes some valid points & presents some good ideas. There are two that I don't agree with at all, bailing out the homeowners who got homes/loans they could not afford & the one about a national bank. (the gov. usually screws up anything they put their hands on)

With that said, I really loathe this man & his know it all attitude. (My opinion, of course
)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think Michael Moore is a f**ktard, but he does have some good ideas with that article! I don't agree with 100% of them, but I like some, especially #9.

new topics

top topics

join