It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite band during your youth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
When you were a kid, what band really got you into music, or changed your outlook, or inspired you? Does their music still effect you the same way or does it only make you nostalgic?

For me it's Metallica. I lived and breathed them from about age 12-16. My wardrobe consisted of Metallica shirts and baggy boys' jeans lol. Then we drifted apart for a few years. But I just heard their new song today and I loved it before I even knew it was them. Then I loved it even more when I realized it was them. All that nostalgia came flooding back to me and now we're back together

Cmon, share your band story!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Metallica
Creed
Korn
Godsmack

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The Beatles, U2 and Jeff Buckley

The Beatles Shaped my World
U2 shaped my determination
and Jeff he shaped my heart

Peace

I have so many I can't just pick one. They either all come or I don't want to live...lol

edit: for addition

Pantera, Napalm Death, The Dead Milkmen, Camper Van Beethoven, The Pixies, Metallica (how could I have not added to my original...argh) Old Chili Peppers, Sepultura, Primus...I would be here forever so I better stop there.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
mine were supertramp,elo and the cars.and meatloaf

floyd changed my outlook.a speaker either side of the bed,dark side and the wall stacked up

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Jodeci... they were the greatest musically (bias i know)

Thought they were RnB - they would do rock remiixes at concerts, which were amazing, especially as they played their own instruments.

I would recommend them to all... they the shiznit

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Wow that's a tough question. There were so many and it evolved over time...

When I was little it was Captain and Tenille... lol
Then I liked Olivia Newton John...lmao

then in High School it was AC/DC, Billy Squier, Tom Petty, Queen, The Knack, Nazareth, Lynyrd Skynrd, Pat Benatar, Cheap Trick, The Cars...etc.(yes I know I am dating myself) then off to college and I liked so so many...
Tears for Fears, REM, Talking Heads, INXS and oh hell... Madonna.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aylyan
mine were supertramp,elo and the cars.and meatloaf

floyd changed my outlook.a speaker either side of the bed,dark side and the wall stacked up
you must be in your 40's too....
those were some in my era too..

[edit on 3-10-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

heh yeah almost..don't say that word,it's one of the words the knights who say ni cannot hear..lol

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by aylyan

heh yeah almost..don't say that word,it's one of the words the knights who say ni cannot hear..lol
Yes we must keep our secrets close,....oh what am I saying, I am an open book... I forgot..and I must learn to be more mysterious.....:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i dunno about that,your birth date is empty on your profile too..children of the 60's unite

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Only one band have I been a fan of since I was 13.
Even though they have disappointed me with a lack of creativity as of late, their older music will always stay with me.

It's Better to Burn Out...Than Fade away.....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is it? I will have to go fix that... Maybe I'll have a birthday thread one day then... Yes, the sixties were so cool man, peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
For me it would have to be Our Lady Peace,Pearl Jam,NiN,Utah Saints!To name some of the more major influences!.

Our Lady Peace and Nine Inch Nails would have to take up most of the last ten years for me!(since i was 17)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
white zombie and gwar, then as i found more expensive ways to pass my time i would say that it was six feet under.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
GunsNroses barnone

that group was what people waited for ...omg new GNR cd woot wooot

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

It was the first concert my parents ever took me to....of course, I was in the womb at the time, but their music sticks with me to this day.

Of course, my parents....well, my father never left Woodstock; he has a framed ticket from it on his desk. So, all the music from that era is my favorite.

In my mind, that was when music had a meaning and wasn't just noise.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, I'm still in my youth so my favorite bands are not very old. I don't like classic rock too much or 80s either.

My favorite bands would have to be:
Good Charlotte
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Maroon 5
Goo Goo Dolls
Linkin Park
3 Doors Down
And some hip-hop or rappers like Sean Paul and Akon.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

then in High School it was AC/DC, Billy Squier, Tom Petty, Queen, The Knack, Nazareth, Lynyrd Skynrd, Pat Benatar, Cheap Trick, The Cars...etc.(yes I know I am dating myself) then off to college and I liked so so many...

I used to live in Northern Nevada. I worked at a grocery store and Tenille came into our store all the time (she lived in lake tahoe at the time). One of the nicest ladies you will ever meet. "Love will keep us together..."

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, guys. Knowing your music helps me know you all that much better

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

I used to live in Northern Nevada. I worked at a grocery store and Tenille came into our store all the time (she lived in lake tahoe at the time). One of the nicest ladies you will ever meet. "Love will keep us together..."

Peace
That's so funny! I used to sit in front of my mom's giant speakers and yell(sing) right along with her.. I have to admit I still like that song.
My dog's name is Tahoe, I got him after a trip we took there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join