It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American Union driver license created

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I renewed it about 2 months ago.

Even if it's a breaking development, you'd think they'd advertise the new license or no one would know to ask for it...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I renewed it about 2 months ago.

Even if it's a breaking development, you'd think they'd advertise the new license or no one would know to ask for it...

It's not something that you get to ask for.

Quotes from my previously posted link:

***States and jurisdictions will maintain their ability to design and issue their own unique driver’s licenses and identification cards. Each state and jurisdiction will continue to have flexibility with regard to the design and security features used on the card. Where REAL ID details the minimum data elements that must be included on the face of the card, most states and jurisdictions already include all or almost all of these data elements on their cards.

REAL ID requires that authorized DMV officials have the capability to verify that an applicant holds only one valid REAL ID. REAL ID does not grant the Federal Government or law enforcement greater access to DMV data, nor does it create a national database.***

They say it doesn't create a national database, but it has to if every state has to access it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

If it was forced, wouldn't they have everyone go in and get the new ID? My doesn't come due for another 8 years. That would be pretty pointless if people weren't going to get the card for many years.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The minute it rears its ugly head in Canada, I will perform a citizens arrest on any mp in my district, and the PM. It will class action and the charge will be TREASON.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I can't see Canada or Mexico being willing to share the debt of the United States... hence, unless the US intends to take Canada and Mexico by force, we're probably never going to be part of any union with the US.

Your debt is yours and yours alone to bare... keep it that way.

John, I sure as heck hope that you're right. I for one, am not in the mood for joining the NAU. No thank you. And you're right, it is NOT our debt.

I do believe, however, that it's going to happen either way. It might not happen right away, but I think that eventually it will....and there won't be anything we can do about it.

GAH.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I live in North Carolina and I haven't heard anything about this either...however, I was planning on going to the DMV to get mine renewed so I might stop by tomorrow. I'll scan it and post the picture on here if it's changed.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by secretstash

If it was forced, wouldn't they have everyone go in and get the new ID? My doesn't come due for another 8 years. That would be pretty pointless if people weren't going to get the card for many years.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Sublime620]

Mine is good until 2014 because I just got it in April. I think the Real ID is just a stepping stone.

Maybe it will just take longer for them to catch us.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I just got my license renewed and the only difference is that on the back it does have a little holographic-looking picture of North America. I don't think it's really that big of a deal but I can see how some might think this could be a small stepping stone for the North American Union.

Also, I don't have a scanner or a camera but I did take a picture with my phone so if there was a way I could transfer a phone picture to the computer any help would be greatly appreciated, if anyone cares that is

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Stick your license in the microwave for 5 seconds. It will fry the chip implanted in your license. Do not heat for any longer then this or it will damage your card.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join