It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle with barcode appears in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
From Linda Moulton Howe's Earthfiles website:
www.earthfiles.com...

An apparently genuine crop circle has appeared in a maize field on Sept. 28, 2008. It is in the shape of a cross, and there is a barcode off to the side of the formation. A researcher has theorized that the barcode may be ASCII code, and has interpreted the barcode to read "beware". I find this to be very interesting and would like to know what others think about this appearance.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spookchild

I too find that very interesting. A cross, hmmm. Somehow the word Beware throws me off a little, in connection with a cross.

Are the experts able to absolutely declare whether a crop circle is "genuine"? The only way I think they could is if an eyewitness had seen extraterristrials making one at some point, you know, to use as a guideline. .

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
edit

[edit on 2-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

There are some signs that researchers look for when determining the legitimacy of a crop circle. First, the wheat is folded down in alternating layers creating a weave throughout. Secondly, the nodes in the wheat have been elongated and the are expulsion cavities in the wheat. Third, there are small balls of metal that when touched with other metal melt. Finally, one can detect an electromagnetic field around the circle that increases the closer you get to the center. In 2002, the Discovery Channel got together a group of graduate students from MIT to attempt to create a crop circle that fits this criteria over the course of a night, but they failed to do so.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Anyone else notice how theres 9 circles down the middle (9 planets)
I dont know, when i look at it, it looks like those big circles represent planets and the small ones their moons or something. anyone else see this?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Alright... the crop circle LOOKS like many many others found on the same site, or on www.cropcircleconnector.com

There are others that seem to have codes, and binary stuff...

What I can't get my mind around at is:

Why coding stuff? I mean, you make a HUGE SIGN (ie. the circle), which cannot be even hidden or covered (due to size)... but the message must be coded? And not even a hard one to break? What gives...?

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well thank you for that very imformative reply.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Not only that, but the thin walkways between the circles should be a dead giveaway.
I would be a lot more convincing if the circles weren't connected.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Very interesting..

How are "fake" crop circles done? -like the firefox logo-

Were there any fake ones with bar codes?

I find the bar code more interesting than the cross itself..

I'm sure there are crop circles created by UFOs, but which are which?!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

That is exaclty what i thought.

when you think crop circles you think aliens, and planets.

What planet has 4 moons?

edit to add- I dont think we are under any Illusion that this was not made by humans.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well, there are certain characteristics of the plants themselves that show differences between hoaxed circles and ones deemed genuine. Hoaxed circles show bent, bruised and damaged plants, but formations that researchers give more credence to are the ones that show a change to the plant's cellular structure. In "genuine" formations, the plants often continue to grow and thrive in their bent position, unlike the hoaxed formations.

I have no idea what the "beware" message could mean, unless we are being warned of a "false messiah" or some such thing. Just my speculation.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Does anyone see the eye thats looking at the cross, or is that just me?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
does anyone see the path leading from the bar code to the eye then to the second circle from the bottom....looks like a hoax

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

Upon more close reading on this page, I see that what at first is deemed "authentic" at first glance, describes plants that are "smashed and dead". It definitely does lean towards possibly being a hoax. I should have read the whole page more carefully before posting. Smashed and dead plants within a crop formation would point more towards hoaxing than authentic. I am disappointed that I did not read this article carefully before posting, and am disappointed that it was deemed "apparently authentic" without much deep scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
if the reading of the barcode is correct and it does say "beware" then it's placement next to a cross could be a sign or warning from an extraterrestrial civilization that is aware of an upcoming event involving a cross that we should be wary of. the cross could represent religion, perhaps christianity, and the theoretical existence of, and coming execution of, project bluebeam. this could be a warning that we should at least contemplate, considering it's unique nature. perhaps other recent crop circles hold similar imagery or hint at something similar.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I say hoax on this one but these on the other hand I believe were made by extraterrestrials.

lastly probably one of the most intriguing

star and flag as I think this subject deserves more attention than its getting.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
There are others that seem to have codes, and binary stuff...

What I can't get my mind around at is:

Why coding stuff? I mean, you make a HUGE SIGN (ie. the circle), which cannot be even hidden or covered (due to size)... but the message must be coded? And not even a hard one to break? What gives...?

Peace

Why coding stuff? Maybe that's one of the languages in which we can communicate with whoever made Crop Cirkles?

Pictogram codes / Binary codes / Mathamatical codes / Numerological codes (like: Kabbalah, change the numbers in letters)

TIP:
Read ' CropCirkels, Gods and Secrets' - Robert Boerman's crop circle theories, geometries, calculations and translation of codes.

Dunno about this one being a genuine non-manmade cirkle tho .....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Bombeni

There are some signs that researchers look for when determining the legitimacy of a crop circle.[..] the nodes in the wheat have been elongated and the are expulsion cavities in the wheat[...]

You're right xcalibur, but its a bit of a myth that they all contain expulsion cavities, I've been told that it is not particularly common to find nodes which contain expulsion cavities and so croppies get quite excited when they find them.

Also another thing researchers do which works well is to plant the offspring of the affected crops, this often produces withered or weak stems.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
According to the article the "bar code" probably can't be considered part of the mystery and we have very messy aliens....

Charles R. Mallett excerpt of comments at Cropcircleconnector.com: “The ‘bar-code’' is a strip of irregular seeding of the maize plants. No crops are laid in this area of the field. On the ground the cross is extremely messy. All the laid plants are smashed and dead on the ground, including the ‘construction lines’ that run under the pattern throughout.”

It looks like the farmer needs to replace his drainage tiles to fix the bar code problem.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join