It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Encounter: How can 62 children lie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Honestly, for me, this is the most convincing proof I've found. Not that I need proof, but it just helps.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

This has been posted before on a few threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will also agree this is one of the better cases that needs to be looked at.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It is interesting but it seems like it took a PSA turn there at the end with pollution and such. Definitely worth looking at further though imo.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

That thread was posted in 2005 and hasn't been active for over a month so this thread is good to go.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by kidflash2008

That thread was posted in 2005 and hasn't been active for over a month so this thread is good to go.

Yes, apologies, I saw the date on the youtube listing and saw it was last year so I figured it was pretty old.. though i've just never seen it mentioned or talked about here so I thought it was a good idea to post.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I know I did see this before, and it could of been on a History Channel or other UFO documentary.
It is possible the children were told or the aliens were faked to teach them about the environment. That is why if there is any physical traces of the landing, it would help with credibility. If you notice, the children are still very young and impressionable. If they were teens, it would be much harder to pull the wool over their eyes.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have watched this clip a couple of times and some new questions pop up.
The interviewer John Mack is leading the witnesses. While we only hear one question, it is: How many of those strange beings were there?
The words strange beings stick out, and I do wonder if he led them to draw the classic gray aliens we have all grown to know and love.
Another important question is: Where were the adults (teachers, faculty)? There was not any adults interviewed.
This tends me to think the adults had "aliens" come from a "spaceship" and tell the kids about environmental or other issues. That may explain why the kids thought it was an end of the world type of message.
With no other witnesses (besides the meteor), and no physical evidence of a landing, this may have a very down to earth explanation.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have to agree with the presumption of teaching the kids about environment issues with a "twist" to sustain their attention on what really matters.

Cheers!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That's certainly an intriguing piece of film. Normally I don't comment on UFO stuff here because of the huge number of junk posts put up by the many attention-seeing missiles who gravitate to ATS - It really, really clouds the issue when you've got a thousand people all claiming to be channelling this Alien Race or that Galactic Poo-Bah, or are telling us the World's going to end next Wednesday, the Mothership'll arrive a week Saturday, or my cousin Kevin filmed this UFO on his mobile phone but it didn't come out, etc. etc. to infinitum...

Know what I mean?

This film about the Zimbabwean children, however, is outstanding.

I couldn't find the name of the program from which the YouTube excerpt was taken, though. I'd like to maybe track down a better quality copy if there's one available to Torrent. Anyone have any ideas what the program was called? Fascinating.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I have watched this clip a couple of times and some new questions pop up.
The interviewer John Mack is leading the witnesses. While we only hear one question, it is: How many of those strange beings were there?
The words strange beings stick out, and I do wonder if he led them to draw the classic gray aliens we have all grown to know and love.
Another important question is: Where were the adults (teachers, faculty)? There was not any adults interviewed.
This tends me to think the adults had "aliens" come from a "spaceship" and tell the kids about environmental or other issues. That may explain why the kids thought it was an end of the world type of message.
With no other witnesses (besides the meteor), and no physical evidence of a landing, this may have a very down to earth explanation.

...and I take all your points, Kidflash, but there was an adult interviewed, wasn't there? The frumpy woman with the tweedy jacket and necklace.

The other concern of yours regarding John Mack leading the questions is just as likely to be to do with the editing. We'll never see the un-used footage, so as usual this all involves a fair dollop of faith on our behalf, but since that's all we're offered, and we've probably all got pretty robust crap-filters on this board, you've just got to go with a little gut-instinct now and again.

I personally feel there's an interesting story here.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
this is one of my hightly coveted cases. very interesting indeed.

you may run into a story about one of the kids saying that he lied. however i want you to think about how hard it may be for a child in south africa to grow up with this story hanging over their head and try and enter the real world and get a decent job. i think the parents stepped in to cover their childs future.

i believe it happened.

people dont really take the time to talk about body gestures, or breathing patterns much when it comes to 'analyzing' video, its rare, but i think the kids are telling truthful statements regardless of the fact that the lie detector test came back showing no indication of lies.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It all depends on what you are taught.

Much of it doesn't matter and can be based on lies.

I started to mention how Hawkins wormholes were tiny ether
like particles discovered by Tesla and he starts telling me how
the wormhole is the only way to travel through space.

He bends something to show me how its done and says
because of Einsteins Theory of curved space, travel has
to be done that way.

He should check in with an astronomer before he pays for
wormhole passage.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey, maybe some time traveling robot or aliens landed in a field and some little kids saw it. Maybe. I wasn't there.

On the other hand, it's not impossible that little kids can lie, become involved in a mass hysteria event (happens all the time, although usually having to do with toxic goo or gas), or be influenced to conform their stories to the expectations and inadvertent leading of the adult interviewers. From what I understand, only about a dozen older kids actually saw the thing (not 62), their descriptions only vaguely match, and an actual physical inspection of the area showed that it wasn't possible for something to land where they said it did.

So where does that leave us? Without anything more to go on, we're stuck with that old second- and third-hand anecdotal report problem. And since this is not a court of law -- where eyewitness testimony has weight, and innocence is assumed until proven otherwise -- all we can basically do is file it away as something that happened that may or may not have been unusual, but we'll never know because of the sloppy investigation.

It would be nice if there was an organization around that could consistently investigate this stuff, as well as a recognized expert panel of peers who could review the results of the investigation to see if it has any merit. But that takes time and money. I don't have either.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
if just one of those 62 kids grows up to actually investigate or study UFO's and ET phenomena hes going to enounter all of the top ufo cases without any speculative biasts. weird!

[edit on 10/3/2008 by LordThumbs]

top topics

join