It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama buys his own satelite channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
And all it is doing is looping his tv ads. I wonder if it will be worth the cost to purchase the channel.

Such an odd way to spend campaign funds.. Obviously someone thinks it will work..

If this has been posted already, just shut me down.

obama channel

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
the vanity of the man is without bounds...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yep, I saw this last night on DISH.

I was flipping channels not really paying close attention when I saw a channel who's description read OBAMA.

I selected it and sure enough, it's the OBAMA channel.

I laughed for a good while.

In fact I still find it hilarious.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

What an ironic thing for you to say, considering your avatar. Do you see the hypocrisy? We do.

Sen. Obama is running hard to become President of the United States of America. Would you suggest that he should not try to advertise himself? After all, Sen. McCain is certainly taking every opportunity to put his campaign message out there. As he should. After all, THIS IS A POLITICAL CAMPAIGN!

If you just don't like Obama, that's fine. Don't vote for him. But taking petty and thoughtless swipes only reveals how shallow [and hypocritical] your understanding of politics actually is. Try to bring just a little bit more to the discussion next time.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Try to bring just a little bit more to the discussion next time.

I could suggest the same for you. Attacking another members opinions doesn't really qualify as adding quality content my friend. You probably feel better though huh?

Seriously, this could easily be viewed as Obama being a little too full of himself, just as easily as it can be viewed he is only campaigning.

The fact remains it's hilarious that he has his own dedicated channel playing a looping message over and over.

Who does that?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is a different approach, that's for sure, but I think it might be a great idea. I don't mind if he spends my money on it.

This is how exciting new ideas happen.

I don't have DISH. I have Direct TV.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
BH,

So is the channel not appearing for you?

I didn't read the link because I already knew of this, but I'm not sure if he only did this with DISH or not.

Interesting...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Thats kind of what went through my head too

I dont know if this is a good strategy, I mean if they broadcast shows about his platform in a way that explains it to the people thats a good thing, but just running ads and ads forever until November it could backfire.

Anyways I dont think many people would watch it anyways, there are better things to watch on TV anyways.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I give him an A for ingenuity.

I give him a D for his ROI (Return on Investment)

Most people just change the channel when they run a political ad on TV regardless of whose ad it is. Seeing a channel full of Obama..well.....I'm sure there are a lot more entertaining things to watch.

Thank God for a remote control.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i think this a great idea. its no different than buying commercial time. its probably more cost effective as well.... But as one poster said, run some 15- 130 minute platform review shows. perhaps explaining all stances thoroughly will help get new voters.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just don't see it.

The people who already know they won't vote Obama aren't going to watch an Obama channel. Undecided voters will probably have better things to do than watch an Obama channel.

The only people I can see watching this are Obama supporters who just can't get enough of the man.

Of course I reserve the right to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
[snip]

Mod Note : DO NOT EDIT MODERATOR EDITS. Offensive content removed.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 2-10-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
And all it is doing is looping his tv ads. I wonder if it will be worth the cost to purchase the channel.

I hope he starts stripping re-runs of "Two and a Half Men."

No, not really.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Such an odd way to spend campaign funds.. Obviously someone thinks it will work..

If this has been posted already, just shut me down.

obama channel

WOW I don't know what to say, or think, I let Obama think for me , lol

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Obama is probably trying to broaden his campaign with different methods.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ok i work for dish network im the guy u call when your dish doesnt work any way this is true it stated oct 1st we have had so many people call to xcel there service because of this many of my co-workers have been harassed and many of them subjected to racial slurs my simple reply to a customer was change the channel if mccain cuts a check he can purchase one too it is not a endorsement its paid advertising but people only see race if osama bin laden purchase a time slot that would be reason to be ticked off imo

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It is a different approach, that's for sure, but I think it might be a great idea. I don't mind if he spends my money on it.

This is how exciting new ideas happen.

I don't have DISH. I have Direct TV.

Seriously?

I don't want any of them spending any of my money, lol

I have never financially supported a campaign, I am like a virgin, pure as the driven snow.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes, seriously. I had never sent money to a campaign before either. Until now. And once I sent it, it was theirs to do with as they saw fit.

nyk, I checked and it's not showing up on my Direct TV.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, BH, how can I argue with someone who has over 68,000 BTS points?

After this bail out thingy, I don't trust any of them.

Well actually I never did.

[edit on 013131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What will be interesting to see is, if the man wins, does this channel go off the air or does it stay on, constantly droning Obama's platform over and over again.

Then there's the question of subliminal messages being injected into the feeds to coax people into compliance. Heck, what's to say that isn't happening now to coax people into voting for Obama" LOL

Hmmm. On second thought. This is sounding a bit more scary the more I think about it. Like 1984, or like the dictatorship from "V is for Victory".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join