It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several new loneliness articles going around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Why is there such a focus on loneliness lately?? Though if you read between the lines, they kinda infer in both these articles below, that being single is bad and unhealthy!!

First I read an article on:

-Loneliness breeds belief in the supernatural

www.livescience.com...

So what are they saying with "breeds belief"?? The supernatural now factually does not exist?

I, without a doubt, believe whole heartedly in the supernatural, so if singledom opens your eyes...I am ALL for it!

and then today I read the following

-Loneliness 'makes you cold'

news.bbc.co.uk...

No one likes being cold!! Its asif main stream media are just planting these subliminal seeds dont you think? It's dumbed down blatancy is starting to annoy me!!

Are the singles now being stigmatised and told it is wrong?

I have nothing against being social and having loads of friends, but being in a relationship because thats what community expects (which they do!!), I mean c'mon!!

In general, I find that couples are more difficult in the social scene and are usualy more out of touch with themselves and secluded from the outside world! Couples seem to live in their own little world with minimal exposure to anyone else, and seem to exhibit less personal growth than their untied friends!

What do guys think??

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well I would classify as "alone" but not "lonely" would that make me "cold?"

Just ignore the MSM anymore, it's pointless.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Being in and out of a couple relationships this summer, I noted that my spiritual growth was hindered when I was "attached" and less so when I was not. When I was with someone, I focused on the relationship more than my personal spirituality. Had I missed some new insights and knowledge? Perhaps.

I have always believed in the supernatural, although I tend to believe everything is controlled by a higher realm, therefore even what seems explanatory by science is still essentially supernatural to me.

I am not sure about being cold though. I tend to be cold when the weather changes, but I dress in layers and use an electric blanket.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I noted that my spiritual growth was hindered when I was "attached" and less so when I was not. When I was with someone, I focused on the relationship more than my personal spirituality. Had I missed some new insights and knowledge? Perhaps.

My feelings exactly! Had the exact same feeling with my relationships!! When I see my sisters with their husbands now, it feels like I have outgrown them completely...

As social creatures, are we really meant to be confined to one relationship till death do us part?

[edit on 10/2/2008 by corvin77]

top topics

join