It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if the house of representatives do not vote for the bailout...???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What happens if the house of representatives do not vote for the bailout...???

What are next steps and how does America get out of this financial crisis.???

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am no economics expert, but eventually the market will correct itself if Bush et. al stop screwing with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
what is democracy good for when 80% of Americans oppose this but they still manage to shove it down our throats?

how is this right?

they know that 80% of us don't want it, they know that both conservatives and liberals are against this together and they will still shove it down our throats.

if this is't the time to march on washington i don't know when it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Honestly i'm still not convinced of the 'Crisis'.

What did we see the day after a record plummet?

Dow climbs 444 pts.

Shenanigans.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

the media tried to spin it as "speculation that they would pass the "new" bill"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Well good old media spin where would we be without it. I don't care, let wall street fold.

Let it all fall down. Hopefully someone will come along and help. We need a new constitution, and frankly I can't think of a better time than now.

ps

RE: your sig.

I just want a Scarlett Johansen

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
gotta admit - everytime I was reading Fathoms replies, I couldnt help but look at the slightly distracting pic to the left......people at work must think Im looking at dodgy sites...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

gotta admit - everytime I was reading Fathoms replies, I couldnt help but look at the slightly distracting pic to the left......people at work must think Im looking at dodgy sites...
there is nothing dodgy about her, she is completely dressed and modest.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Is that what you call completely dressed.

Anyways, am I hearing right? is there no real crisis? I don't understand what's going on. At least apart from the fact that a bill that nobody what's may get forced on the people anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
Is that what you call completely dressed.

Anyways, am I hearing right? is there no real crisis? I don't understand what's going on. At least apart from the fact that a bill that nobody what's may get forced on the people anyway.

there is a crisis allright for the idiots that ran the companies into the ground.
the biggest problem that i can gather is that credit will dry up for those with not perfect credit.

in my opinion this is probably the best thing this country needs.

credit cards is the worst thing that could have happened to this country financially.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
at the 6aAM, 'Morning Joe', entertainment-news combo program...

the Cramer of the 'boo-yah' crowd ...
an expert of stocks & money making stated that
the market would lose 2,000 points
if the House again votes it down this Friday ~3Oct'08~

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

last time they voted it down it went up 440
scare tactics don't work for some of us anymore.

let the emmeffer burn!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sounds like these 'experts' haven't a clue.

Someone pointed out on another thread that Bush was being advised by the same financial experts who caused this situation. And we've all read how McCain urged Bush to bypass congress not to mention the 32 Words That None Dare Utter.

I've been watching the news reports here in New Zealand about this economic bail out with great interest. Shockingly there seems to be an implied message that the bailout is a good thing and that congress is an obstacle. They didn't say that but the language of the reports gave that feel. So I complained to the network.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
Sounds like these 'experts' haven't a clue.
I've been watching the news reports here in New Zealand about this economic bail out with great interest. Shockingly there seems to be an implied message that the bailout is a good thing and that congress is an obstacle. They didn't say that but the language of the reports gave that feel. So I complained to the network.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Good Wolf]

same thing here, the media is convinced that we "need this", congress is holding out because 80% of americans bombarded their fax machines and email in boxes with angry messages. i know i faxed and emailed my 2 senators and one rep. (more than once). if it wasn't for us raising hell it would have already passed.

and yet there is experts like Dave Ramsey: daveramsey.com...
that swear it is BS
Rush also says it is BS. AND THEY ARE NOT ALONE. it seems to be the politicians and the media that is sold on this stupid thing!

I am so pissed off!!!

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
No bailout means the businesses and companys that borrowed money to grow bigger than they should have based on revenue will either shrink back to where they belong or go out of business for the bad practice of borrowing more than they could afford to pay back.

It also means that people with no savings, spotty employment, a horrid credit history and a weak income wont be able to get loans to buy houses they cant afford in the first place and the property values will drop back to where they should have been all along.

Good things will come if this BS bill fails.

Bush has screwed with this economy plenty. Lets not forget Clinton and all the wonderful news of the 90's about how government was pushing incentives to get more low-income families into homes. THEY'RE LOW-INCOME. THEY CAN'T AFFORD HOMES. All of these people who do not have the assets to own a home were suddenly buying up homes with money that wasnt theres which reduced the number of homes on the market which drove the values up which gave the illusion these poor people had even more money they didnt really have so they would borrow against the illusion to buy cars and other BS and we have what we have today.

I'm not fully buying the "we have no credit to lend" thing. Just last night some woman here was arrested for stealing an old ladys identity and using to get a Hummer a Corvette and a 30 thousand dollar speedboat. All on credit.

People not being able to get loans or lines of credit is a GOOD THING.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The crisis only affects banks but they're trying to stage a grab so it's now a who blinks first game,I'm not blinking. I suggested in another thread that if they pass this we should run on our banks and withdraw our money. I don't even know if it's legal to say that ,ummm

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Seconded!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am just wondering if its just me, but it seems accountability has not been talked about at all during this farce.

George's speech the other night as unrehearsed and light on content it was not once mentioned any investigation into the major culprits of this financial mess he has put YOUR country in. Talk about a WMD - your country is at risk GWB.

Again from a layman perspective, it seems like "yes we screwed up, you (joe public) will pull us out of this, we may or may not make the same mistakes but thats not the point"

Honestly the divide just seems to be getting bigger and bigger and no one is accountable.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In my opinion... It will be passed no matter what the voters think.

Our politicians are now being told from all sides that our objections are based on fear, envy, and just plain old ignorance because we don't know the whole story and everything is going to crash if we don't do it. Of course this may or may not be true.. who knows. But just like the so called EU Votes in Europe, if the outcome isn't what they like, they will just bypass the offending parties.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
right O infolurker! that's why the next step has to be a protest run on the banks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join