It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee, Mud, Joe, Java...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh how I like coffee... It's so good. In a matter of 5 minutes I have a nice steaming cup. Add a little sugar, so cream, stir... and I am good to go. I personally like to grind a medium dark bean just prior to brewing. Sumatra or Colombian seems to do the trick.

Did you know that in 1600, Pope Clement VIII deemed coffee of God... He said this stuff is so good, it cannot be of the Devil. How cool is that that?

So let's hear about coffee, your likes, your experiences, ways in which you prepare, factoids and whatever else about coffee you would like to list.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm Canadian, and everyone here knows the best coffee can be found right here...
www.timhortons.com...
In my city of 55,000 people, we have seven outlets.
There are hundreds all over the country, and we even built one in Kandahar Afghanistan, for our troops there.
Closest one to my home is a mile and a half away, and I walk there just for the coffee.
It's totally an addiction.
Edit to add-
Large coffee, black, one sugar, and an apple fritter...
*DROOLS*

[edit on 1-10-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Is that where the famous Ice Cap comes from? If I am ever in Canada I shall have to stop and try some of this frequently talked about coffee.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

You got it my dear! Time Hortons is where the Iced Cap came from! Well, thats what we call it up here!

AD, I love a Large Double Double from Timmy's! (2 Cream, 2 Sugar). But not often, becuase I've cut sugar out of my diet for the most part.

I love 100% Columbian Coffee. Right now I have some Organic Fair Trade Coffee that I just bought from the healthfood store. I had my frist cup of it this morning! A little bit of Soy Cream, its perfect! Most of the time I just drink it black, because not many places carry soy creamer...but if I'm at home drinking coffee, I'll add some.

- Carrot

[edit on 10/1/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
reply to post by AccessDenied

Is that where the famous Ice Cap comes from? If I am ever in Canada I shall have to stop and try some of this frequently talked about coffee.

Definitely!

This stuff is a cup of heaven with a straw.

I just found out that being October..
PUMPKIN SPICE donuts and muffins and tea!!!!!
Time for a hot English toffee, and a pumpkin donut!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
AD!! Do you guys still get English Toffee!!??? We don't anymore!!! We only have French Vanilla
It makes me sad!! Well here in BC anyway, in Alberta (the tiny town my parents are currently occupying), we can get it...but not in the Cities, or in the bigger towns.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
AD!! Do you guys still get English Toffee!!??? We don't anymore!!! We only have French Vanilla
It makes me sad!! Well here in BC anyway, in Alberta (the tiny town my parents are currently occupying), we can get it...but not in the Cities, or in the bigger towns.

- Carrot

It depends on which outlet I go to...
The smaller ones, in the grocery store, Canadian Tire, and Mall, don't have it.
But the one closest to me still does.
I even buy the stuff at A&P to make it at home!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ghack!!! Ok, Replying from Red Deer Ab here, and no... I went through a Timmies spell for a bit there until I discovered Kicking Horse. Sobeys and Safeway carry it in Alberta and it beats the snot out of any Tims, DD or Buckys. Besides is the Iced Capp even a coffee? What is that tar that goes in it?

If im grabbing a cup on the go... Its a Venti House with room - add some creme and sugar then were good to go.

Second cup Paradiso is also good.

"Coffee, Do stupid things faster... With more energy"

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by remotemedic

I've seen Kicking Horse, but never bought it.
$11.99 for a bag of coffee is ridiculous to my thrifty ways.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Carrot: Oh my... Organic is the bees knees. My vegan hippy friend, that lives in a super old mansion, that looks like a castle would always make it. That stuff is rocket fuel. At least the way he mde it.

AD: Gimme that Ice Cap... I want it now. Do they have caramel, mocha, and such?

I really like the caramel moo lattes at Dairy queen. Them puppies are so good.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
LOL yeah This Coffee is SOO strong! My father makes superweak coffee, so i always find myself adding more when i make it myself... In my cofffee pot its usually about 2TBS per cup.

I tried that this morning, and it was pretty strong! i dont need quite that much to satisfy my need for caffeine!

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hey..all sounds good and fine, but 5 mins in the morning with or without a hang over is a really long time..especially when you can have one in 1min 40 secs...good old microwave and intant coffee works a treat...haha..wack in a straw and feel posh at the same time..so classy me.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

Do you have one of those twirly straws with all the loops and what not? That would be super posh... classy to boot.

Carrot: hey, a nice 'ol caffeine wig out is good for ya... makes one hymble.

Kicking horse, I wonder if it's like fog lifter?

[edit on 10/1/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Sure is EYES!..it also doubles for a slide in and out of pockets...
awesome cool flash huh!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

Damn woman you are crafty... that is the ultimate super cool mint flash... I mean, who needs the little coffee straws when one can have the loopy straws that double as a foot getter inner... (careful with that technical term folks, it may wow the crowds).

You know what everybody. McDonald's, believe it or not has some pretty darn good coffee. Oh man, is the iced coffee there good. Bk has some good iced mochas as well. I know it's not the same, but hey... convenience.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I make a mean latte with my cheap Mr Coffee espresso maker and Cafe Bustelo espresso coffee. I use 2% milk and sometimes I buy the syrups- hazelnut is my favorite. If I go to the Starbucks I love Pumpkin Spice Latte, Gingerbread Latte, and Peppermint mocha they serve around the holidays. This time of year they start making the seasonal specialties, so I am bummed about not living around a Starbucks or a Seattle's Best anymore. I can order the syrups from them of course- now there is a good idea!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Oh yes!! I love the Starbucks specialty coffee's!

I'm really into Chai Lattes, but they make a pretty good Pumpkin Spice Latee agreed, as well as they had this AWESOME apple Cider (more like a tea) last winter... SO GOOD. Lots of sugar though..

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Pumpkin spice latte are the cat's ass... I like mint too. How about chocolate dipped coffee beans, ever had those. I made the mistake of drinking a large coffee and eating a handful of beans once.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
OMG! There is a privately owned coffee shop in town that gives you chocolate covered coffee beans when you buy a coffee! I love those...except I need to not sit down and eat a whole bag of them in the evening...unless of course I'm having an X-Files marathon - then bring it on!

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Yeah, maccas has some good coffee. A mean cappuccino. I can't go past a good iced coffee. Wendy's has a great Iced Coffee Chilla- so good!!

And it's a good cure for a hangover too!

~Star

Edit to add- i mean the Wendys ice cream stores, and not the restaurant.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Star kitten]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join