It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has ATS opened your eyes/mind to?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
These are great points. Thanks a lot, guys. I was hoping more people would take a moment to share. It is, after all, something we all have in common. Thanks again. be well.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's opened my eyes to how many generally ignorant people out there are eager to search for and blame others (always shadowy and much more powerful) for things that they see as 'wrong', never once recognizing the idea that maybe things won't be perfect no matter what. I honestly didn't know there was so many, kinda makes me more worried than any conspiracy theory on this site.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To be sceptical and critical about anything and everything!

No matter the source!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77
To be sceptical and critical about anything and everything!

No matter the source!

I think that's just good advice for everything in life really. Thanks for sharing and take care. Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

I suppose I've just always been naive and trusted way too easily...regretfully MSM was one medium I trusted above anything else..

Boy was I wrong!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77

I suppose I've just always been naive and trusted way too easily...regretfully MSM was one medium I trusted above anything else..

Boy was I wrong!

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. I used to believe too much in the main stream media, too. Now I feel I know better. Search out every truth. Don't just believe it because it's said in the MSM. How silly I was, too.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And it seems to me there's almost a general 'hope' amongst we, in the ATS community, for the spectacular to happen. Disclosure (you all know what it means), or whatever else. I feel as though we're 'keen' here, to turn to the ATS community for clarity on issues where our every day lives won't lend it. Issues that garner strange looks rather than honest opinions.

Does anybody find that here? Thanks in advance, for your input.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
In light of today being Oct 15th and the fact that the sky didn't fall yesterday, and no giant motherships appeared over any backwater towns....

I find it extremely interesting that whatever grand conspiracy story makes its rounds through ATS, there is always a devoted group of people that claim it to be true. Another group that denies it and tends to insult the first group, if they choose to post on such threads in the first place. And a third group that's a bit more on the fence, following along passively looking for any hint of proof either way.

I like to think I'm in the third group on most topics. But we've seen it happen with lots of topics. GFL, Bigfoot, UFO's, Ghosts, Chupacabra....

I really think I learn as much about human group dynamics on this site, as I do any so called "alternative" topics. I love ATS because it never ceases to amaze me. Peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'd have to say that the one thing that ATS has taught me and which caught me be suprise, is the depth of the bipartisan political hatred that exists in the United States. It's two different worlds, with two different sets of values, and I can't believe the incessant clash between them.

I now understand civil war.

...since you asked.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hi JohnnyCanuck. I totaly agree. It's really not like that here in Canada, is it? We have our sides, too. But they do a bit more than just sling mud at each other. There isn't nearly as dramatic a 'rift' between the sides.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Do you really want to know?

I think you do.
And I am going to honour your honest question by an honest reply:

It has opened (wide!) my eyes to the apparent fact that ignorance - even regarding the simple facts of biological and social life - is even more widespread and far deeper than I had thought. (Then again, I have always been guilty of overestimating people.)

On the bright side, I have had the opportunity to "meet" (virtually, if not in person) a number of people of the kind I always knew existed and longed for their company.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Right: what he said - that, too.

The apparent depth of the political rift in the USA never ceases to amaze me.

I am not ciriticising anyone, mind you.
I am just surprised.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Despite Ms. Goodchild's fraudulent prediction, ATS has awoken me to the vast numbers of people affected by the government's secrecy and lack of disclosure, namely all those who either remember and can relay their experiences, or those who talk about strange occurrences, strange marks on their bodies and basically give all the tell tale signs of a real experience, all the people currently betrayed by the ego greed driven agenda of the politicians involving something that is way out of their league to understand, and who have the right to not be meddled with, a right that was waved by those in power long ago.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That P.T. Barnum was right!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
....ATS has awoken me to the vast numbers of people affected by the government's secrecy and lack of disclosure, namely all those who either remember and can relay their experiences, or those who talk about strange occurrences, strange marks on their bodies and basically give all the tell tale signs of a real experience....

This is indeed one rabbit hole thats depth I'd like to know. I still wonder about the illuminati, et al. How much is real and how much is simple paranoia? Because I know that just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you. LOL.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
*Shameless bump of an old thread due to something new (in my personal beliefs) that applies.*

9/11.

I can honestly say that before I joined ATS, I never for a second thought of the possibility that 9/11 may have been an inside job. I've seen loads of things on this though, in my time on these boards, that do make me wonder and at least consider the possibility. (Please don't agrue for or against it here. That's not the point).

Also, I must admit that I perhaps did get a little caught up in the latest 'end of the world' hysteria. I didn't buy land with a cave on it or anything like that, but I think I chose to see a slightly bleaker outlook than has been needed this past year or so. I'm still not willing to make any predictions about it all, but I now believe that the sky isn't falling at this time. Not completely anyways.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join