It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has ATS opened your eyes/mind to?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Very good points. I love the sheer volume of topics and opinions we constantly see here. Whatever I'm looking for, chances are I'll find it. And I've been in some very good debates on threads, with people who's opinions differ from mine on whatever issues. Often, I find myself seeing their side in a whole new light. I'm certainly richer for that.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Another very important thing I learned here is that there are groups that get paid to influence public opinions on fora.

that is something that sickens me, if you want to know how deep humanity sank visit ATS

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I found it extremely interesting to watch that whole bigfoot hoax of a couple months ago, unfold. Believers and skeptics quickly divided themselves and began attacking each others opinions. Lots of mud slinging and flaming and for what? A rubber costume.

I really wanted that one to be true but I certainly had my doubts. I went through thread after thread on it to try and gauge peoples opinions on the issue and maybe gain a little insight. All I found for the most part, was a lot of needless name calling and little substance. It did surprise me. I expected more open mindedness and actual conversation. Guess not.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSfan
well, id only post on word, but it is deemed by ATS as too short. however, we all know that brevity is the soul of wit......so perhaps there may be no good humour on ATS....?

anyway, to answer the thread title 'what has ats opened my eyes to"?

REINHARDT!!!!

This is also the only place that I've read anything on Reinhardt. He's predicting another big hit in 3 or 4 days time, if I'm not mistaken. If this one pans out as it seems his last one did, he'll grow an amazing following IMO. Fascinating stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Its good to know more people are open to the ideas that some consider to be complete rubbish!
However we all have our own reality tunnles! And we fight in a constant battle to prove one reality over another!

Many things have opened my eyes upon this site! However there are many many things here that are talked about that are still complete rubbish.
One of my things on here is to try to explain to people about the paranormal and people who use tricks, to manipulate you into thinking they are either summoning spirits, or talking to dead people.
You must watch out for people who will tugg on your emotional strings just to get money.

That is my biggest pet peve of all.. People like John Edwards. Syliva Brown. They are scam artists who take something that is real, and turn it into a scam.
There is a fine line between many things! And its good to keep an open mind.. however it can be dangerous to take everything as the truth!

Never trust a man who claims he has found the truth.
You can come to trust a man who is seeking the truth!

No one has the answers.. And for the most part.. Many conspiracies out here are put in place to take you away from the truth.
A conspiracy within a conspiracy.. ITs how they opperate and its how they warp many veiws of this world..

You think for yourself!! And you belive in yourself, and everything else will fall into place! Trust yourself, and belive in yourself!!

Thats my advice.. And thats my personal truth!

But the truth is different for each man and woman!

However we are all plugged into the same matrix!! We all veiw and exp many of the same things.
We are one! And we are all connected!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That there is a lot more going on out there outside of my own little world ..

I love this place ..it is a pol pot of info ...and I have learned that I did not know everything there was to know after all LOL >.and that what I thought was happening wasnt really happening ..and what I thought wasnt happening really is happening ....

Did that make sense at all ? LOL

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Some great opinions there, zysin5. Not to mention some sound philsophy. I totaly agree with you that "psychics" are simple con artists. I'd say that they should be locked up for fraud but I've also come to realise that the best and most tactfull amongst them, can actually offer some hope to those who need just that. Aside from that point though, I agree that it's a lot of rubbish.

BTW, cool avatar. I think that particular 'Maiden' cover is "The number of the beast", right? I'd say it's a toss-up between that one and "The X-factor" for me, as far as favorites go. I'm not a huge fan but I've always loved their covers.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I know exactly what you mean and often find myself feeling the same way as I wander these threads. Anything specific that you thank ATS for expanding your views on? Cheers.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well the 911 threads were what I read the most (for several years before actually posting here ) ...their digging for REAL INFO and CONFIRMED reported links (witnesses,videos,official reports etc) and their ability to put it all together was what opened my eyes to what happened that day ..The day it all happened so many things they (The Media and the Gov) said ..and did ...and what they have done since then always left me confused and frustraited as to the reasons WHY it happened ..it made no sense ...it was the BRILLIANT ones at ATS who had their eyes wide open and posted their thoughts and links in those threads ...is what helped me put it all together and helped me out of my confused state of mind ...Now there is no need for me to even dig in those threads ..Because I am CONVINCED without a doubt that it was either an inside job or they actually turned their heads and let it happen ..and the reasons are now very clear to me .....I have ATSers to thank for that ...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, I wasn't paranoid before I got here. Thanks a bunch guys.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Great post Simplynoone! Thanks for your thoughts. For you I guess it was 9/11. For me, it's ET visitors. And have you read through "The Terra Papers"? Whether or not you end up believing it, I can't remember the last time I read something that interesting that seems to tie a lot of loose threads together. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well, I wasn't paranoid before I got here. Thanks a bunch guys.

It's important to remember, intrepid. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you. LOL. Be well.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

True. The real lesson I learned here is QUESTION EVERYTHING. There are deeper meanings to a lot of things if you only look.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Patience.

It has never been my strong suit, but surprisingly enough, reading through things here has really increased my patience level. As great as ATS is and as much as I enjoy it, there are some crazy things posted on here. And, some of those things make me want to jump in and go postal on people.

But, this place has opened my eyes to the fact that my opinion doesn't need to be forced on others, it isn't the only one that matters, and, that in life, patience really is a virtue. You don't always have to jump in and proclaim that you are right and nothing else matters.

Plus, with the expanded sense of patience, I don't find myself snapping at people at work like a rabid terrier any more.....I just smile and nod more. Works well with the boyfriend, too.

ATS, my co-workers (and my boyfriend) thank you....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
One of the big attractors for me was the very sound metaphysics, philosophy, cognitive science discussions.

When I originally came to this site, I was working on a cognitive science project (abandoned and now back on it) and was amazed at some of the brilliant ideas here.

You know -- metaphysics and consciousness research -- this type of stuff is really easily dismissed. It should not be. It is one of the profound mysteries of our existence. ATS is actually a fairly heavy hitter in this area.

I think it all has to do with open mindedness. I am sure.

Plus -- I kind of like the political rants
That's always a fun way to kill time.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Very interesting observation. Thanks for taking a moment.

I love this community. You will read a lot of crazy things, but if you look in the right threads and keep an open mind, I really believe you can learn alot too. Peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
ATS has taught me that if you see something that makes you go hmmm... there is likely a thread on it, and you are not the only one that is questioning the way the world works. It has also shown me a way to look at different aspects of our world from both a believing and non-believing way.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
hmmm, I guess I actually care about our economy now and that there are a lot of REALLY crazy religious ppl out there. yeah

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
ATS has opened my eyes to the just how huge peoples egos can get when they are not talking to each other in person.
I knew people were naturally jumpy but I have to say from what I have discovered a large number of people on ATS seems to have what I can only describe as an inferiority complex. Opinions are meaningless, and to state your own gets you ridiculed or attacked with cutting remarks designed to boost the ego of the attacker, hehe,,funny.

In any case I guess when all else fails a person can resort to criticizing peoples punctuation and general grammar that is usually the last bastion of the deteriorating debate...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
that the cover up is perpitrated by those responsible for ufos etc,and there not human.

they created the cia and nsa just to cover up thier own existence,and also organisastions in which to depopulate the planet.

the reason why there always in the sky,is so were always looking up,when infact there all beneath us,underground.
secondly to create belief in order to simulate an alien invasion that caused mass pandemonium thus legal depopulation,that is us killing each other and ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join