It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian nuclear missile cruiser to dock at Syrian port on Yom Kippur eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Russian nuclear missile cruiser to dock at Syrian port on Yom Kippur eve

www.debka.com

Russian Navy spokesman Capt. Igor Dygalo disclosed Wednesday, Oct. 1, that a four-ship squadron led by the Peter the Great nuclear missile cruiser will call in at the Libyan port of Tripoli and “other Middle East ports” before heading out to the Caribbean for joint maneuvers with Venezuela.

Coinciding with the 35th anniversary of the Egyptian-Syrian Yom Kippur attack on Israel, the Russian warships’ arrival in Syria has serious connotations: ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its interresting to see how deep and warm has grown relations with Russia and Syria. Israel is blocked now by Russia, "Check!", because they have third part in their playground now, and I just hope that will save middle-East from new feared war.

From debka I pick this new one too, because its shows again so clearly US stance in this same issue:

30.9. 2008
US approves 25 F-35 "stealth" fighter aircraft sale to Israel
www.debka.com...

Russia doesnt hesitate to be part of the multipolar world, they believe in, and seeks ally behind US-Irael-EU axis. I see this gives a good balance to region, to calm down Zionist agenda from running to its new degrees, but ofcourse, it gives some new posibility to further and dangerous escalations...

When Syria is now backed by Russia, Israel has to negotiate from its future with its neighbors. Putin-Medvedev "Two Headed Eagle" is tough and hard opponent to blackmale, or threaten in the table, or like we just saw in Georgia, in battlefield too.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-10-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ummmm Syria has ALWAYS been backed by Russia and that did not stop the IAF from taking out that ????? Nuclear site a few months back despite the Soviet air defence systems that they had in place.

I doubt that a visit by a Russian Surface group will change how Isreal operates one iota

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Who say that friendly visit doesnt include some "humanitarian aid" like US has start to carry with Navy vessels lately?

And when Navy is inside the port, its going to block any doubts or plans from confrontation at that time...

Yes, Syria has been Ally, but Russia has also been quiet for a long time there.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I find it an elegant "hint" , not so much to Israel but to Arab countries in the region from Russians. It shows - We are back. To me it looks much more effective then Iranian president threats. As for this gesture influencing war and peace in the region - hardly. There were 3 major wars while Soviets backed one side and US another. Now with much weaker Russia it will not change it for the better, or worse. Russians are not playing on Israeli field - we are small fish. They play - or show to be more precise - that they play on US game field.
I just want to remind you that relations between Israel and both Russian Federation/Syria are changing for better. No visas are needed for Russia/Israeli visits and in Syria there are talks plus mysteriously connected explosions/assassinations of Hamas/Hizbollah people in Syria. I read in local news that Hizbollah is no longer allowing its people visits in Syria.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe they followed my advice... I sent an email to Putin in 06, saying that he should place his army in Iran or Syria so Israel and the US don't do something stupid...

Maybe he listened to me...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So, at least some other one is happy from this!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I've never believed the Iranian President to be anything other than PRO-Israeli, if not a jew himself.

And Russia's controlled by jews anyway, isn't it ?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I've never believed the Iranian President to be anything other than PRO-Israeli, if not a jew himself.
And Russia's controlled by jews anyway, isn't it ?

Are, so the real reason those ships arrive to Syria in Yom Kippur is to make it as all real Jews do - in synagogue, not in the wild Mediterranean sea. Maybe Ahmadinejad will join them too.
They will also commemorate other famous Jews - from Nebuchadnezzar via Vespasian and Titus to Hitler and Stalin. Of course Putin and Medvedev will be a part of the crew so they will join in.
Earth is dangerous place - Jews are everywhere. Beware!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Thanks for the advice !

Others have warned me similarly

top topics

join