It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does fate exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Does fate exist??? Hmmm...I'm thinking "definitely yes", but I would like to approach it from another angle..

I believe that we are given choices which we are ordained to choose by thoughts (intuition) which can be so strong that we select a pre-ordained fate. This is why the concept of just sitting back and expecting everything to happen will not work, because the intuition or strength of the idea/thought will make you achieve the ordained path. The will to live and exist is so driven in our bodies that we will not just sit back. We will ultimately do something in our lives. If we fall into the path of despair then this is destined to teach us other lessons.

If we are governed by free will then I should have been a technician but I just couldn't get into the field because I couldn't pass a manual exam!!, no matter how many times I tried. I am now a programmer, something that I should never have thought of...but did. Is there a higher power? I believe "yes"...over the years I have observed many choices that I wanted to make but was just not in a position to do so as the doors did not open even when I knocked really hard. I have constantly battled to have it my way...and you know what....it never was my way...but another way.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There is a "buffer zone" of reality, within the "buffer zone" events are more-or-less pre-ordained. However, when we make the right choices now, we will be able to control our destiny. Sort of like waiting for glue to set, when you set certain events into motion, they have an almost complete chance of occurence.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
empirically yes. without any question fate is true and the byproduct of commanding destiny. when you act or when an object/subject acts, ordered or chaotically, their/your/its function of actions creates their* choice of destinies for a set of predetermined actions relating to open domain given a set that is exclusive to the subject/object. the definition of variables that exists within an open domain based on choices that are a subset known but non allocated/assigned values from a point within that domain is its fate; if the point is creating a choice in any regard within said domain.

in the past when words held what a person can call a richer substance the understanding of fate would still be equal to the example of how fate manifests; as expressed in prior paragraph. so to say it is fate that i met a person; or it was fate that i purchased a winning lottery ticket is true.

the over emphasis of the resultant object/subject/etc. that is contrasted as fate by the function of being a byproduct of fate is not fate.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Does fate exist?

... I really want to hear your thoughts - YOUR thoughts, not your guru's, church elders', other people's thoughts - about it...

You ask a question and then hold a knife to our throat to prevent an honest reply. That seems a little odd from someone looking for answers and, if you don't mind my saying so, a lot like purposeful avoidance of the same.

We can live a long and fruitful life and still never come close to understanding everything within it. We actually depend on the thoughts of others to fill in the billions of gaps that we ourselves will never have the opportunity to fill. In fact, that we can communicate here, in this forum and on this thread, runs counter to what you are asking because whatever you yourself may accidentally glean might well be someone else's ideas.

Religions have have been around for millennia and some have been compiled over that time by those who undertook the journey to understand the universe or reality around them. Do we simply dismiss them because we think we can do better alone in less than a century of a single life?

A mother tells her child not to touch the oven door because it is hot. The child's curiosity demands to know what hot is so, there is the touch followed by the pain and then a lot of tears. If we were capable of learning from those who are wiser than we are, we could avoid a lot of discomfort.

Humans are mostly born stupid and arrogant. This condition remains constant through the first several decades of our lives. By the time we finally figure out that we are no longer young enough anymore to know everything, it is we who are being dismissed. Thus, we never take the lesson that we are offered and never avoid burning our fingers.

That my friend, is the fate of mankind; to ignore history and then repeat the process over and over as if we were characters on a stage playing for the benefit of the universe.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join