It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's Senate Vote on the Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm a little confused about something. It was announced this morning that the Senate will be voting on the Bailout Legislation that the House failed to pass. How is this possible? I thought the House had to APPROVE a bill before it could go to the Senate....at least, that's the legislation-how-to that we've been taught since, I dunno, the 1st Grade!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Bills can originate in either the House or the Senate. What is happening is the Senate is taking the failed bill and changing it (or attaching it to a bill that has much wanted legislation) so as to "work" the system and try one more time. It will still have to go to the House after the Senate, if it makes it out of the Senate, which unfortunately it probably will.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

We are being told by a bunch of bankers that they need 3 trillion dollars or else. The bankers will not tell us how they intend to spend the trillion dollars. We are just to shut up and assume that this money will be spent wisely by the same people responsible for this mess. If anyone besides an international banker were to try this they would probably go to jail or they would go to an insane asylum.The senators must be contacted. Even if telling the men, responsible for the subprime con, No is just a symbolic gesture( the treasury will just print that amount of money) the Senators should still give these con men the finger in the form of a NO.

new topics

join