It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in case.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What if there IS a God and what if there IS only Heaven or Hell...

What if...

only 47 seconds long, but worth a listen.

Sorry, cant get the embedded thing to work.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
And what if it isn't true? What if this is all there is? What if Islam is correct? What if the Buddhists are correct? What if Hinduism is correct? What if is a pretty broad question and in many religions you are damned for even asking it.

So.... what if we have no idea what it is all about?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well logic and probability alone says there is definitely something.
Most living things know this.But its a scary thing for them.
But the same thing also says that the current ideas on it could only be very far from the truth.
People take the books they get and read far to literally and emotionally.
Its just a guide its not the answers you don't get them yet.
If you got all the answers right here and now, there would be no point to here and now.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Nope - logic and probability are against a supreme being. A natural, unthinking, basic process of the universe makes far more logical sense, and is far more likely.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This isn't exactly in the right place is it? This doens't have much bearing on Creationism vs Evolution

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Just in case....

Be a christian for one year. Go to church regularly for one year. Study the bible thoroughly.

Next year, be a muslim for one year. Pray 5 times a day for one year. Study the Koran thoroughly.

Next year, be a buddhist for one year.

One year for every religion.

That way, you can be covered just in case.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Well logic and probability alone says there is definitely something.

I'm curious to see why you think this, because as far as my reasoning goes, logic indicates that there is nothing.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by SamuraiDrifter]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cakewalk

What if there IS a Flying Spaghetti Monster?
What if you get sent to a burning pot of spaghetti sauce for your lack of belief?

See how pointless the question is?

If there is a god, I doubt he would be so irrational.

And if he is, then a pox on all his houses!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

It's all this destructive religiousness in the world that makes me suspect that the God I once thought existed, doesn't exist. I look at all the contrasting and often violently conflicting religions and denominations, they make me think that God is not part of any of this, and even if he did start these religions and they were good and pure, they've gone to hell in a hand basket, so he obviously isn't looking after us.

God either doesn't exist or doesn't care.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If God cares enough about whether or not I practiced my religion correctly, and kicks me out because I didn't bow enough, or didn't donate enough money to the Church, I'll consider myself in good company afterwords.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
If God cares enough about whether or not I practiced my religion correctly, and kicks me out because I didn't bow enough, or didn't donate enough money to the Church, I'll consider myself in good company afterwords.

I'll bring the beer. RuneSpider, you bring the pizza.

And as for what ifs...

What if our whole universe is just inside of some super-giant's acquarium, or under his microscope? What if this is all just a figment of my imagination, or yours?

My best advice is to just live your life in a way that is acceptable to your own personal "what ifs" and their consequences.

After all, what if the "right" answer is something that none of us have even thought of, and could never fully comprehend even if we did know about it? That's an interesting thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Only intelligence processes and only intelligence perceives processing. You are proof of God, are you not enough? Why do you seek to disprove what he has approved of in you? Do you think you have to follow a religion to know this, or be a slave of traditions and lunacy? Do you think the intelligence that formed you from a single cell follows your logic or your equations of probability to give life to whomever he desires? Do you not see you are desired?

Peace to you

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Interestinggg

Nope - logic and probability are against a supreme being. A natural, unthinking, basic process of the universe makes far more logical sense, and is far more likely.

Well im sorry then but this conversation is over due to you not possessing any logic and no skills on calculating probability.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

What if there IS a Flying Spaghetti Monster?
What if you get sent to a burning pot of spaghetti sauce for your lack of belief?

See how pointless the question is?

If there is a god, I doubt he would be so irrational.

And if he is, then a pox on all his houses!

Isn't it funny the brain is like wet noodles in blood sauce? What if you were closer then you ever knew?

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Well im sorry then but this conversation is over due to you not possessing any logic and no skills on calculating probability.

*sigh*

Ever heard of the anthropic principle? Probability has nothing to do with it, my friend.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Just in case....

Be a christian for one year. Go to church regularly for one year. Study the bible thoroughly.

Next year, be a muslim for one year. Pray 5 times a day for one year. Study the Koran thoroughly.

Next year, be a buddhist for one year.

One year for every religion.

That way, you can be covered just in case.

Or just be you...
and love others as you would love yourself.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I was thinking the point is something like:

You are going to live your 70 or so years, then what? Cease to exist? That's it?

The possibility of eternal damnation should be big enough to cause people to at least look into it, but there is so much anti-God these days, but What if? What if you wake up in hell, knowing you were THIS CLOSE to knowing the truth but wouldn't even give The Creator a chance to reach you.

The video creator's profile mentions how many chances will you get and to use them wisely.

Seems like good advice to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

there is so much anti-God these days

In my book it's called rationalising.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cakewalk

What if? What if you lived your entire life doing your best for yyourself and others, and you get kicked out of heaven 'cause the only expierience you've had with Christians were the ones who yell hate speak?
Or run those Christian horror houses, or any number of things that will be a huge turn off.
Or you're raised in a area where it's more important to help each other and worry about God later.
If you want to view a thin potion of life, and then say anyone who can't conform to these ideals is screwed, then as I said:
If that's what God wants, then I can go to eternal damnation knowing I'll be in good company.
'Cause, if God is so small minded you have to conform to a singular point of view, then most of us aren't going to make it very far. His version of Good is to narrow.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Or just be you... and love others as you would love yourself.

Right

The OP is so worried about his afterlife so why not practice every religion just in case? Why pick just one religion?

<<   2  3 >>

join