It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Campbell Tour photographs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Glenn Campbell's tour photos

Looks like Glenn got some customers for his Area 51 tour. There aren't many photographs on the net of what the hike looks like since most people have a full pack on their back (plus tent and sleeping bag) and don't feel like digging out their camera to document the trip. Well, at least I don't.

I don't recall if I mentioned it here, but the road to Tikaboo is repaired. That is, the three really deep gullies are now filled with stone. Quite a few trees have been cut too, making navigation easier. On my last trip, I didn't have to cut any wood for the campfire. Whomever cut the trees left plenty of small branches.

I'll follow this up with a link to my "Tikaboo Horoscope" for October.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I got a question about the three gullies filled with stone.
They wouldn't happen to be, ahem, RHINESTONE, would they?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
so sad they wasted the us dollar like that. seemed like they had fun... Coulda done all that for free wit ha little research but oh well. fun is fun.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Assuming you have done it, think back to your first Tikaboo hike. I did it solo and couldn't follow the trail once I got to the campground at the first false summit. Maybe your mileage varied. The flagging tape was a pretty recent addition. Years ago, all you had were cairns.

The hike from the camp ground at the first false summit up to the second false summit really can't be followed by GPS. You miss a turn, and you are climbing some serious rocks.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Here is the Octoboer Tikaboo horoscope. If you are not familiar with this kind of document, it shows in my humble opinion the amount of test time (that is, dark enough to do a test) on a particular day. The test time is for the day of the hike. Some days the actual dark period will be in the AM, but it is listed for the day you did the hike.

Tikaboo horoscope

Here is the latest frequency list:

Red Flag and Nellis range frequencies

According to the weather forecast, the higher elevations of the range will get snow Saturday night. I don't image this snow will be around long. What you don't want to do is get caught on the dirt roads when their is rain in the forecast. Generally it is best to wait out the rain, then wait for the desert to dry up. This isn't particularly dangerous, but you can waste a day or two doing nothing if you end up in the back country and a heavy rain occurs. Carry extra food and water.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
according to the future maps (google that) the british isles are soon going to be under the water...do anyone knows where exactly the "uk survival team" plans to go?

i would also appreciate the advice on how to change the password here.

reply by U2U svp, or directly to [email protected] , as i occasionally have troubles with navigating various web sites.

top topics

join