It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuzusPetals
Just imagine a court case between Einstein and a slug. The slug might actually be right, assuming we find the least 12 informed jurors to deliberate.

Do you ever make any comments that have any relevance whatsoever to the topic at hand?

Seriously, what does this have to do with anything?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well the fix is surely in.
The odds are stacked in Biden's favor.
Couple this with the fact that individual editors at the various broadcasting networks have final say on which tv shots are used in which sequence and that tells you that any gaff in body language by Biden will be masked as best as possible while Palin's will be guranteed to be on screen to viewers and this completes the recipe for Palin defeat in the debate. A look at a watch, a sneer, a scanning of notes while the other responds to a question, all are innocent enough but will be portrayed differently depending on who does these types of things.

So people, when Palin dismantles and totally owns Biden in the debate know that you are witnessing greatness that had to rise above overwhelming odds.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

They have to answer the same questions. Why don't you just wait until you start complaining? Right now all you are doing is talking about nothing, since you have no proof, and nothing has happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Actually, I think the Democrats are largely shooting themselves in the foot on this. By continuing to lower the bar for Palin's expected performance she only has to come out even to come away with a perceived victory.
Much like I thought the McCain-Obama debate did Obama some good, even though I thought McCain edged him. Obama wasn't expected to hold his own on foreign policy. In fact, he did reasonably well there, but stumbled on the economic portion. Because he wasn't expected to win, a draw became a victory.
You're seeing the same thing with the Palin buildup. She only has to hold her own to claim victory. If Biden manages to lose the debate, it is even worse. If she fails miserably it will only be "what we expected." Expectations (and exceeding them) are a powerful force in politics.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I agree with you here.

Although I think the media is playing it up as though "we" as conservatives are setting the bar low. In reality though, the conservatives I know feel as though she will very much hold her own against Biden.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Where do you get that Obama wasn't expected to win? Let's examine:

Eloquent Speaker v Experienced Candidate

Call it what you want, but eloquence trumps experience on stage (see Clinton v HW Bush). McCain may have more experience, but that doesn't make him more knowledgeable or better. He seems to be saying the same stuff everyone else is. He already admitted he knows little about the economy.

As far as foreign policy goes... Obama has the potential to be a super star diplomat.

I just don't get where you get the information that Obama is expected to lose any debates.

*Edit:

And I am tired of hearing everyone say the democrats are hurting themselves. Did they choose the moderator?

What does it matter to you anyway? They all get asked the same questions for the most part. Also, shouldn't Palin be able to handle tough questions? I mean, she is applying to be "back-up" president.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
As far as foreign policy goes... Obama has the potential to be a super star diplomat.

Oh really? Please tell me how?

How is he going to unify the world when he can't even unify his own party? How is he going to reach to leaders around the world when he refuses to reach across the aisle here at home?

Super Star Diplomat?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
Actually, I think the Democrats are largely shooting themselves in the foot on this. By continuing to lower the bar for Palin's expected performance she only has to come out even to come away with a perceived victory.

Given that in her recent interview she looked like a mumbling idiot, I expect that "coming out even" might be a challenge for her.

C'mon people, what kind of value that outdoorswoman brings as a co-leader of the nation? Let her govern Alaska already.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Do you ever make any comments that have any relevance whatsoever to the topic at hand?

Seriously, what does this have to do with anything?

There are synapses (and required reading) involved to even get me that not all humans at this stage of evolution have.

But thank you for the U2U about my "Mommy."

Let's kiss in public and make up.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Well, unlike the past 8 years show, the first step is opening the doors. McCain mocked Obama, but in doing so, looked more naive than Obama. Obama never said it would be easy, but shunning other countries has never solved any problem. So that's step one.

Also, unlike the past 8 years, Obama is an eloquent speaker (as I said before). That gives him excellent negotiation skills. He has all the tools necessary to speak to another leader and keep the upper hand.

He will do more than the usual, "Well, we're number one and if you aren't for us, you're against us" garbage.

You could see the difference in their foreign policy and diplomacy ideals in the last debate.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

They have to answer the same questions. Why don't you just wait until you start complaining? Right now all you are doing is talking about nothing, since you have no proof, and nothing has happened.

Every concievable advantage that could not be legally covered in predebate written agreement is skewed in Biden's favor.
Proof? WTF???
The moderator's book comes out on inauguration. More sales if who wins??? Only a blind liberal cannot see the proof is in the pudding here and that is putting it nicely.

The recent talk show routine done by Palin may have been purposely done with precanned phrases to give them what they want, a weak looking opponant.
If she shows up with an anything goes say what's on your sleave downhome persona that is Reaganesque, Biden is gonna get caught with his pants down while Palin will overcome the transparently obvious insurmountable odds of liberal bias here.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Everything in your post is pure speculation.

Just thought I'd point that out. But hey, what's new. Everything on the Rush Limbaugh show is either pure speculation or out right lies.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Are you so naive to think that the president debates other leaders on public stages to get the upper hand? Newsflash for you....it is ALL done behind the scenes and the only public spectacle seen between leaders is a handshake and talks after all has been decided. There is no elequennt speaking skills required, just proper leverage.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What does McCain say about this?

Source

Asked during an interview Wednesday with Fox’s Carl Cameron whether Ifill should excuse herself as the debate moderator, McCain acknowledged the potential conflict of interest but expressed confidence in the longtime journalist.

“I think that Gwen Ifill is a professional and I think that she will do a totally objective job because she is a highly respected professional,” McCain said during an interview at the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEightSo people, when Palin dismantles and totally owns Biden in the debate know that you are witnessing greatness that had to rise above overwhelming odds.

For real? Have you seen her interviews? I am sooo totally baffled that any of you really have confidence in her and if you would check your U2U's you can see that I am trying to figure out what it is you ppl see in her? (other than outward appearances
)

[edit on 1-10-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Who said anything about debating on stage...?

reply to post by justamomma

Yeah, but when she stumbles, fails to respond with anything coherent, and refuses to answer questions, they'll have a good excuse.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What does McCain say about this?

Like you can trust a man that cooperated with the enemy before.

(Just going on what Romney, Huckabee and Gouliana supporters said before this election and all of Bush's people said in 2000.)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuzusPetals
Like you can trust a man that cooperated with the enemy before.

I'm not saying that I trust him. I don't. I'm saying he had the opportunity to say that this is unfair and call for another moderator (and he probably would have gotten it) but he didn't. He SAYS he trusts Ifill to be a professional.

So, do I, by the way.

I'm just saying... if it's ok with him, what are these people crying about?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Also, unlike the past 8 years, Obama is an eloquent speaker (as I said before). That gives him excellent negotiation skills.

Does it?

Being able to say something well does not necassarily give you the ability to say something of meaning.

Obama says nothing better than anyone ever has, but I don't think that will fly in diplomatic negotiations.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I'm glad you didn't try to twist my words into somehow I said he's debating foreign leaders on stage (like this other guy). It's obvious we just have a difference in opinion on what kind of diplomat Obama has the potential to be.

If he gets elected, we'll find out. If not, we'll see how McCain is able to mend the broken ties we're currently faced with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join