It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Al Gore The Greatest Con Man Of All Time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Al Gore as i'm sure everyone here is aware made that nobel prize winning film about global warming. Now the film contained errors, pointing them all out here is a waste of time as it's been done over and over in film and text. However what some people may not know is what Al Gore did shortly before he publicised the whole global warming scare.

Firstly lets just take a quick look at something. We all know about supply and demand, if you can create the demand for anything then the supply will make you money. The more demand the more you have to supply and the mre money you make.

Because of global warming we have companies selling "carbon credits". These companies basically take money in exchange for the amount of carbon you produce, claim they spend it on say saving a rainforest and make you feel better about yourself. Even governments are buying into these things.

Several years before Al Gore started his nobel winning film he set up a company named Generation Investment Management LLP. This company was a carbon credit company. Basically he is co-founder and a chairman on the board. When he buys carbon credits he buys them from himself. This is something that you don't hear often in mainstream journalism.

Now imagine you have a carbon credit company. You have all of this supply (although technically they aren't supplying anything) now all you need is the demand! What better way to create demand then a film, scaring the living daylights out of people and making them feel guilty?

It's the perfect con, you aren't actually buying anything, he had no warehouse full of carbon here, he is selling an idea, he is taking money for something before he did the job. He takes the money and apparently does things, although i would be very interested to go over this companies books and check exactly where that money goes.

Al Gore is nothing more than a con man.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
...he's one of them. Junk science and geopolitics. The LaRouche team exposes his brutality in a dossier from last month:

'Covered in Gore' (.pdf, 42 pgs.)

Far from disappearing after that election, Gore made a breakthrough into the London off-shore looting scheme known as hedge funds, which have been largely responsible for the takeover and take-down of what remains of the U.S. productive economy. His Generation Management hedge fund which specializes in trading carbon swaps, is a swindle to loot a dying economy, and was complimented by the 2006 Hollywood fiction, An Inconvenient Truth. That fraudulent set of alleged facts was unleashed in force against the Congress and the public in 2007 at the very moment when the mortgage related terminal collapse of the U.S. and world banking system had begun. After being awarded for the climate fiction by Hollywood and the Nobel Prize Committee, Gore was again welcomed into the open arms of the British and hired by then-Treasury Chief Gordon Brown, to advise the British government on climate change.

Finally, on July 22, after setting forth a frankly genocidal vision of the United States shifting to 100% renewable energy in the next ten years, Gore announced that his role is to “enlarge the political space within which this issue can be addressed,” to encourage the next president to take up population control, and “zero-growth” policies...

From 1997 - 1998 Gore and his cronies moved viciously to ensure that South Africa did not succeed in attaining affordable drugs... He helped impose sanctions and wildly claimed that the government of South Africa was disobeying international law, even though the World Trade Organization has permitted patent rights under conditions of a national emergency, meaning, that like a true typical southern racist, Al Gore lied. Only when South Africa agreed to tear from itself a pound of flesh, did Gore withdraw his threats. 14 million South Africans died, and by now the number has been guaranteed to increase. Gore tried to justify his actions by proposing a total of $170 million to address the AIDS epidemic in Africa. Do the math, and what it amounts to is a mere $8 a person, or better stated, approximately enough money to assist the South African population with AIDS drugs for one day.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well whilst his other dealings are very interesting (and kind of put a whole new light on giving him a nobel peace prize). I am more interested in his carbon credit dealings. Providing a company to sell these things and then using his fame to publicise and push through the global warming agenda. Creating demand for the company he set up is very smart, it's like bringing out any new and cool product. He has created a buzz.

What's bad about all of this is that global warming was an issue before his film, but it was more fringe, after his film it became mainstream. I really would love to get a good luck as his companies books, because there are all manner of ways of siphoning off the funds.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
To answer the base question of this thread, "Is Al Gore The Greatest Con Man Of All Time?", no he is not. George Bush is a far greater con man! After all, he conned us all into a war with completely bogus 'intelligence'! To be a con man, you have to believe that what you are saying is false, and I think Al Gore actually believes what he says. This does not mean that the info is correct, but he does believe it. Now Bush on the other hand knew the intel about WMD was BS, and sold it to us anyway. The French were right! Who knew! George did!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

This is true. I can't believe people think that Al Gore is a liar. Al Gore opened up the public to the realities of Global Warming. He is not a con artist. This thread is just right-wing rhetoric IMO.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Right wing? Swing and a miss matey because i'm not right wing lol. Next you'll be saying i must support the death penalty
Love the stereotypes.

I know the science of global warming, i've heard all the arguements and there isn't anything conclusive in regards as to whether we are causing it. In the past CO2 emissions have been higher than they are now.

However let me just ask you. He set up a company selling carbon credits, then makes a film trying to create demand for these credits (note that wasn't in the film but it's a big byproduct of it). Dont' you think that's just slightly coincidental? Maybe to much so?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Actually there is quite a bit of new data showing that the outer planets are going through a period of global warming as well. The average temp on the outer planets has also risen about 3 degrees farenheit. The recent data from the Ulysses project shows solar winds are almost nonexistant, which is causing a weakening of the magnetospheres allowing in more solar radiation, thus warming the planets.

That does not mean that we are not helping it along, and that we should not try to decrease CO2 emissions, as this might prolong the effects after the solar winds pick back up. But it does seem to indicate that we are not the primary cause.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

George Bush conned the USA and a few other countries, Al Gore has helped con the entire world, backed by the UN. So yeah, Al Gore is rating higher on my chart.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't think he's the greatest con artist of all time. I would guess that he's the richest. I used to at least believe that he believed what he was preaching, until I happened to investigate and see some of the gross and downwrite WRONG extropolations and 'studies' he was touting in the movie. I pretty much lost respect then, at least for his scientific acumen. A person with conviction and truth on their side shouldn't have to resort to hyperbole and microsampling to demonstrate their point. Then the incredible amount of money potential surfaced in which he and his businesses could make from the carbon credits. Oh, it's green allright.

Understand, I think that we humans soil and pollute and contaminate nearly everything we touch. I think the Earth suffers from our influence. I don't even doubt that the Earth might currently be in a warming cycle or that humanity contributes to it in some possibly measurable way. I just don't think AGW flies, and what is clear (and NOT a NASA hoax as some stoop to claiming) is that other planets are in a very similar cycle.

I can support the above if you'd like. Of course, the conclusions drawn are my opinion alone.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Yeah, but how many are dead because of Al Gore? And how many TRILLIONS of $$$$ has he taken from the taxpayers to pay for it? And as for a getting rich, need I say HALIBURTON?

[edit on 30-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Al Gore is not the biggest but he is way up there on my list. Consider this, If we were not going through global warming, we would still be in an ice age. We came out of that naturally and ice coring samples have shown that there have been numerous time that the CO2 levels have risen and fallen without the aid of man-kind and that Earth has gone through many warming periods and cooling periods.

This whole carbon credit thing was a great business opportunity. He just scared the public into thinking that we were the one that were heating the planet.

I am all against pollution. I live in one of the worst air-quality places in the country but it is a geographical problem and it is local. Pollution is bad for our heath, not global warming.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I wouldn't call him the GREATEST CON MAN of all time, but he's definitely in the top 3.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Prescott Bush was the worlds greatest Con Man... Him and Mayer Amschel Rothschild. Its a tie, IMO.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Even though all experts agree that the globe has cooled since 1998, and has seen dramatic cooling since about 2002? I'm sorry, but for Gore this one was an opportunity to make more money. Look at how many businesses, governments, countries etc. have gotten into carbon taxation, carbon markets, cap and trade systems, etc. So much money has been made on fossil fuels, and the Greenies have found a way to make money off of it too.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
have you found any proof that hes actually profiting in such a way that its an outright con? until such proof is provided, you are simply guessing because you dont like the man.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Benjamin Fulford also states Al Gore was completely funded by the illuminati to make the splashes that he did on purpose.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Generation Investment Management is not a company set up to sell Carbon Credits. They are an investment firm whose interest are in developing 'green' technologies, particularly interested in sustainable research.

Many companys (and cities and even states) sell 'extra' carbon credits. Hell, you can buy them on the stock market. However:

Generation Investment Management doesn't sell Carbon Credits. But they do buy them for their employees as a benefit.

GIM supposedly purchases carbon offsets for all 23 of its employees to cover their personal energy use, according to a March 7 CNSNews.com report. These offsets, then, would be provided to Gore more as an employee benefit, thus requiring very little sacrifice on his or his family's part.

www.foxnews.com...

Now, you could complain that it's some conflict of interest that Al Gore is urging action in regards to Climate Change and yet is on the board of a company set up to invest in technologies that would only be necessarily if Climate Change were a problem.

BUT, you could better argue that it's only common sense. It's only putting your money where your mouth is. If you believe that we should be doing something about the problems that we might face, then developing businesses and technologies that help us in those trials only makes sense.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So hes for global warming, which is obviously tied to the globalist agenda of redistribution of wealth, but I think he might be a reptilian. I have a copy of the 40th anniversary of Rolling Stone magazine which features him as an influential person along with a nice photo of his face. I looked at his eyes and lo and behold in the background were two "slits" that at first looked like windows or some other form of light. I think the slits represent cat eyes etc.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I keep waiting for him and Tipper to complete their crusade against the "vulgar" and "profane." I'm surprised he hasnt blamed 2 Live Crew for global warming.

He needs a few solid slaps in the face.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nah that would go to the writers of the monotheistic religions,Al gore comes close though..or the writer of The Never ending story..lies!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join