It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate to vote on financial rescue plan Wednesday DESPITE CONGRESS SAYING "NO"!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

With the Capitol largely quiet because of the Jewish new year, no overall plan appeared to jell just yet.

news.yahoo.com...

Well our jewish leaders are doing thier very best to spark a revolution.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I made a post, over in another area of this webiste, i found on dprogram.com
According to this guy, the bill is to bail out foreign investors!! overseas!
We are stuck with a 24% kick in the butt, to bail overseas businesses out,..acording to him. I have laready emailed 2 of my state senators (CT) and some womn in congress, asking them to not go for it, and i kow what yuor up too....
http.//dprogram.net/2008/10/01/video-the-real-reason-behind-the-bailoutexplosive/
I refuse to buy anyting more than what i need now. And refuse to suport or purchase foreing made, and will tell and educate others not too,.
the bleeding hearts in cognress...shame on them

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
We are stuck with a 24% kick in the butt, to bail overseas businesses out,..acording to him. I have laready emailed 2 of my state senators (CT) and some womn in congress, asking them to not go for it, and i kow what yuor up too....
http.//dprogram.net/2008/10/01/video-the-real-reason-behind-the-bailoutexplosive/
I refuse to buy anyting more than what i need now. And refuse to suport or purchase foreing made, and will tell and educate others not too,.

Don't you know that foreigners have been investing in the USA for years and years because that is how the world works now - we're a global economy and that's why all of us foreigners are also feeling the pinch?

If all the foreign investors pulled out of the USA you'd be bankrupt. Same here in my country - if all the foreign investors pulled out we'd be bankrupt. We're all intertwined together whether we like it or not.

Don't you know that even if you buy something that's made in the USA, the chances are very high that parts of it are from a foreign country? Even food ingrediants gets imported so that [insert product] can then be made in the USA and labeled and marketed as MADE IN THE USA but made is not the same as saying all parts/ingrediants are from the USA.

It's the same for all of us, all over the world - nothing is solely made and produced with products from one sole country.

The main thing we all have in common is that we're all human beings and this economic crisis is world wide, not just in the US. We're here holding our breath on what your government will do because it will affect us due to the amount of money our countries and businesses have invested there.

You are not bailing us out and we're not bailing you out - we all live in a single global economy. Just look at what's happening in the whole world not just the USA and you'll see how this is affecting everyone.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706

Don't you know that foreigners have been investing in the USA for years and years because that is how the world works now - we're a global economy and that's why all of us foreigners are also feeling the pinch?

If all the foreign investors pulled out of the USA you'd be bankrupt. Same here in my country - if all the foreign investors pulled out we'd be bankrupt. We're all intertwined together whether we like it or not.

Don't you know that even if you buy something that's made in the USA, the chances are very high that parts of it are from a foreign country? Even food ingrediants gets imported so that [insert product] can then be made in the USA and labeled and marketed as MADE IN THE USA but made is not the same as saying all parts/ingrediants are from the USA.

It's the same for all of us, all over the world - nothing is solely made and produced with products from one sole country.

The main thing we all have in common is that we're all human beings and this economic crisis is world wide, not just in the US. We're here holding our breath on what your government will do because it will affect us due to the amount of money our countries and businesses have invested there.

You are not bailing us out and we're not bailing you out - we all live in a single global economy. Just look at what's happening in the whole world not just the USA and you'll see how this is affecting everyone.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Doesn't look any better, how can we give tax cuts at the same time we give $700B away? this is insanity Doesn't look any better, how can we give tax cuts at the same time we give $700B away? this is insanity

My thoughts exactly.

They just polished the turd.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ya, its asinine give away $700B and give a tax cut??? Thats gotta be the craziest thing I've ever heard.

And raising the FDIC limit from 100,000 to 250,000... ya that does absolutely nothing for me.

This needs to be met with the same resistance that the house bill was met with. Although with all the NLP going on, its gonna be hard...

Everybody, get everyone and their dog to call!!!

Senate Switchboard: (202) 224- 3121

Flood their switchboard with calls and let them know!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Here's some more info on the vote:

Senate leaders scheduled a Wednesday vote on a $700 billion financial bailout package after accepting tax breaks and a higher limit for insured bank deposits in a bid to win House approval and send legislation to President Bush by the end of the week.

Top lawmakers said the Senate proposal, worked out after a day of behind the scenes maneuvering, would include tax breaks for businesses and alternative energy and higher government insurance for bank deposits.

Source

Looks like these tax breaks are for businesses... this just keeps getting better.

Senate Switchboard: (202) 224- 3121

Flood their switchboard with calls and let them know!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Alright people - we are in real jeopardy of this passing now - the MSM is spinning the lies over and over. As reported this morning...

The House is now receiving calls that are 50% for and 50% against. They are either lying about this OR they have set up a covert call-in program that is not coming from the citizens to get this passed.

Bill Irvin, former FDIC Chairman, called this a manufactured crisis this morning on MSNBC. He is right.

Other things that may be in this legislation:

No Capitol gains tax to "the small business people" (yeah right) who are going to buy these "toxic debts" from our government and assume this risk - now their true plan is beginning to be revealed...they are going to make money twice on these deals. We are being set up.

There will also be latitude given in this legislation on "how to value assets" basically making their lying and cheating legal.

Start calling the Senate and House now...or continue calling. Aaaargh.

Something is terribly wrong. This is a total manipulation and we need to figure out why....

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Irish rejecting the EU constitution a while back.

Actually it reminds me of the whole EU constitution. They keep passing it back to the people to reconsider, like bad homework or a dude that can't take rejection and rapes.

It's going to have to go down the same way as last time, but even MORE pressure to the reps than before. If they see that there's not as much resistance to it this time, they are more than likely to pass it. People have to scream louder than last time and that don't seem to be happening. This bill will pass with 2/3 in favor if people don't get on the horn and make an even louder noise this time.

They are depending on tiring the people.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I've been calling the senate switchboard, haven't got throught yet its been busy most of the time but once it rang like 10 times, but no answer...

Senate and House Switchboard: (202) 224-3121

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Congress saying no, and how about the voters of this nation the hard working tax payer that will be stick in the rear end with this bill?

We are the ones that are saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
the Economic package is being added on to HR 1424, the Mental Health Parity bill. (can anyone else see the irony here?)

The Series of events for this evening:

-Senator Dodd and others will offer an amendment at the desk (Economic Rescue) with the Leaders approval
- 90 minutes of general debate time on the amendment equally divided
-upon use or yielding back of time, the only other amendment in order will be the Sanders amdt re:tax on high income individuals with 60 minutes of debate with the time equally divided and controlled
- When the Senate disposes of the amdts to H.R.1424, the first vote will occur with respect to the Sanders amdt, upon disposition of that amdt, the Senate then consider the Dodd amdt (60 vote threshold) and the Senate then vote on the bill (60 vote threshold), as amended, if amended

Because they are pushing this through it takes 60 YEA votes

Series of votes to begin around 7:30pm

I have faxed this to my Senators

Amendments to HR 1424

Senator_______,

You MUST oppose this legislation with Senator Dodds amendment.

It would be illegal for you to support it.

Our Constitution States: "All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives."

As a result, the Senate does not have the power to initiate bills imposing taxes. Furthermore, the House of Representatives holds that the Senate does not have the power to originate appropriation bills, or bills authorizing the expenditure of federal funds.

To try to slip in an amendment of this magnitude (the exact bill that failed in the house) to a piece of legislation that has already gone through the House and the House Rules Committee would only show how much our government cannot be trusted.

If you, as my State Senator, support this travesty of how the American Government is supposed to work, I will personally launch the campaign to have you recalled and prosecuted for your dereliction of Duty to your country, state and constituents.

Sincerely,

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I can't reach any of my senators right now, and I can't get through on the switchboard either... none-the-less I shall keep trying.

Just got through to one Senator now to try the other, then I'm calling Obama

OK I just got through talking to my other senators office and have voiced my opinion to them both, it actually felt really good, I'm gonna have to do this more often.

couldnt get through to Obama, just voicemail which was full
[edit on 1-10-2008 by XTexan]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

This is against the Constitution??? I had no idea... How are they able to do this??? What group can we contact to get lawsuits started?

This is ridiculous and downright scary...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
What group can we contact to get lawsuits started?

Contact you're local gun club.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Something tells me, they'll be calling me... for supplies...

Seriously though we need to action, this is going to far.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hey everyone, the bill that the Senate is voting on is DIFFERENT than the one voted down on Monday. This new bill has some significant changes, for example increasing the FDIC money guarantee from $100,000 to $250,000 to encourage people to leave their money in the banks (and to stave off fear withdrawals). There are other major changes also. I'm still not convinced the bill is a great idea though.

And the only reason they are trying again is because the first bill passed in the Senate and failed with only 12 votes in the House of Reps, AND members of the House of Reps indicated they would be willing to entertain another version of the bill with changes on Thursday, which is why they have another bill to vote on in the first place.

The House of Reps was supposed to break for the rest of the year after Monday's vote, but the majority of those men and women do realize that something should be done about the economic crisis we're in, just not what that last bill had in mind.

If you would have paid attention to what happened after the House of Reps voted down the bill on Monday you would know this (to the OP).

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's the same bill guy, just polished to make us think it's better. It's NOT! It's still bailing out these bankers with $700 billion of our tax dollars, when we get nothing, but a bill for it. And the tax breaks will only make paying the money back take longer. It's all a scam, and we're all fed up with it!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
They passed it. They just declared war on us.

Update:

I apologize. I didn't see that it has to go to the House yet. Media is spinning it as if it's already passed, and that's what got me.
I hope everyone who voted "Yes" has enjoyed their careers, because their careers just ended. As for the two candidates for President who both voted "Yes", everyone who is pissed off about this needs to write in Ron Paul, Bob Barr, or Dennis Kucinich.
All of these "Yes" people just committed political suicide. Let them bleed out.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Oreyeon]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

It didn't pass quite yet. Next it's going to the house. I have a feeling that the house will vote no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join