It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: banks rescue push helps reassure financial markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Bush: banks rescue push helps reassure financial markets

www.guardian.co.uk

The White House joined forces with Congressional leaders to pledge that a fallen $700bn bail-out of the banking industry will be quickly resurrected, fuelling a sharp recovery on the financial markets as Wall Street stocks surged with relief.

President Bush held "very constructive" talks today with both of his potential successors, John McCain and Barack Obama, about the options for reviving the emergency rescue plan that was dramatically thrown out by the House of Representatives on Monday.

Senate leaders began informal discussions about holding a fresh vote by the end of the week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.bloomberg.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Massive financial bailout fails in the House

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
WHAT!!!!!

I cannot believe they want to resurrect this dead bill!

Are they serious....

Let me (or rather someone else) put it another way...

The concentration of power is always a prelude to the destruction of a nation. This $700 billion bailout plan would put a huge portion of the U.S. economy (and the majority of taxpayer dollars) under the control of ONE person, without oversight, without regulation and without LAW. Is this a bail out, or a SELL out?..

www.naturalnews.com...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You didn't expect the powers of evil to just give up, did you? This will go on into the long term, people will say no, they will dress it up in new frocks and try again, and again, and again.

With enough resistance the PTB will give up on it, but they will try and screw the people somewhere else, some other way. Just the nature of the beast.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I just got an amazing ***CHEAP*** ultimate solution to the economical crisis in the world thanks this news report and OP!

The MSM reported that stocks rose sharply today due to the idea that the bailout plan was to be ressurected. That news report was alone enough for me to work with. This is how my proposed solution to the financial turmoil works:

*** The government calls for extraordinary meetings every month to discuss a huge BAILOUT PLAN for the financial markets. ***

Now, wasn't that alone an awesome and cheap effective solution that worked?! The idea of a bailout plan held at a government meeting alone itself is enough to cause a huge stock trading increase and provides financial security to be enough to stablize the economy. But, best of all.. it's really cheap and you pay nothing!

The financial market proved today they didn't need the $700B proposed cash prize collection, as the stocks rose today without anyone actually paying anything! The stock exchange proved today that all they needed was the idea of a solution and not the actual money. They are coldhearded analysts and predictionists at heart, so you can play them these kinds of stunts all the time without actually really doing anything. They invest on ideas alone.

Please submit this ultimate stockmarket crisis solution to your government

new topics

top topics

join