It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

awesome Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
first to whitewave. That's good that a doctrinal epiphany didn't convert you, but to me catholicism is biblical and the Eucharist which is my life is what converted me. I have felt what communion has done for my soul, and I have been protestant and have felt it without the euchairst.

It's not an (epiphany to) me it's my life and being in communion with jesus. Scientists have tested the euchairstic miracle in Italy, the blood type was AB and it was freshly shed blood from 1300 years ago. The blood is still fresh to this day.

" The church was at peoples homes "

That's good. many saints had communion at home and likewise at church. many chuches infact were at the homes. They said mass at home. You're missing the point. The point is that they came together to break bread and recieve the eucharist. A sacrafice malachias the prophet said would spread throughout the world and would be carried on until chrst came back to Earth.

look at the girl in my signature. Have you even glanced at her?

" they were called christians "

This is true, but the world Catholic means universal. Which was changed after Christ came to Earth to represent a universal church. We are called Christians and catholic. They go hand in hand.

now as for the last brother orange. I have much to say to you.

but you said.

" will there be Catholics in heaven? yes. Baptists? yes "

you see if God allowed every faith and every denomination in heaven, he is divided against himself in truth. Baptist believe in communion yet they don't believe in the real presence. Catholics do believe in the real presence. They are divided in truth and God cannot allow that. So one has to be correct and one has not to be correct.

That would be a great thing to believe that God allows all churches in heaven which are divided against himself but it's not the truth. Scripture says that this church will be (one), in truth and in doctrine and never changable.

So I will write more later. I have to respond to orange and Bwahhmey.

btw bless your soul drevill and congradulations.

peace.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Scientists have tested the euchairstic miracle in Italy, the blood type was AB and it was freshly shed blood from 1300 years ago. The blood is still fresh to this day.

My blood type is AB. What has that got to do with anything? I think we're to keep our eyes on Christ, not his miracles.

look at the girl in my signature. Have you even glanced at her?

Yes, I have. Have you looked at the thread I referenced earlier?

We are called Christians and catholic. They go hand in hand.

So as the bride of Christ we are called Christians AND Roman Catholics?

you see if God allowed every faith and every denomination in heaven, he is divided against himself in truth. Baptist believe in communion yet they don't believe in the real presence. Catholics do believe in the real presence. They are divided in truth and God cannot allow that. So one has to be correct and one has not to be correct.

How many faiths are there in Ephesians 4:5?

I ask you once again, brother, if you want to debate Catholicism, I would be very happy to meet you on another thread. This one is getting derailed by your ruffled feathers.

peace.

Indeed.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by whitewave]

[edit on 6-10-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
that's correct about Ephesians.

but the point is that the church is (one) in faith. You see if you believe in personal interpretation of scripture then you have what has happened to this world. 3,000 different seperate christian churches all believing different things about scripture.

they are not one faith they are divided. This is why God created a hierarchy to interpret scripture.

Now as for ruffled feather. Oh comeon. I'm gonna defend my faith and I am very calm. I'm not ruffeled at all girl or man.

I have studied these things for years and I have been on both sides. I have been protestant and Catholic.

The blood type AB doesn't have much signifigance but they still have this flesh stored away in italy. Look it up, it's the miracle of laciano Italy. the presit doubted communion and at the moment of consecration the wine changed into visible flesh and blood.

scientists have tested this flesh and blood in the 1900s and found that the blood is freshly shed from 1300 years ago. The miracles happened in 800AD.

anyways you guys can believe what you want. I know what iv'e felt.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't doubt your belief or conviction of your faith. I'd just like to not see the thread derailed. Is that too much to ask?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Heather seems to be okay today, she isn't a complainer, Bless her.

she seems to have a good pregnancy, no sickness or anything. She is like a little whirlwind, dashes about all over the place.

I met her in Church, praise the Lord, she is brilliant!

david

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

You're a blessed man. If you send your other children to public school, do you find it difficult to maintain a holy upbringing for them in the face of the corruption being taught there? My son is still fairly young but I can already see some of the secular influences creeping in. It's concerning to me.

The area I live in has a church group that hosts a weekly event for kids they call "Code Blue"; a revival of sorts. (Ironic naming since most Code Blue patients don't live long, if at all, after their "revival", but that's another matter.) I let my son go occasionally because there are so few other kids to play with in the area and there he gets to play with other kids. Afraid there's not much "bible" being studied. It's more a social outlet than a religious one. Unfortunately, and not entirely unexpectedly, he comes home with the most ridiculous notions about God. The only good I can see that comes of it is that he comes home with questions and is more eager to listen to the answers I give him than if I just sat him down to talk about it.

Public school is teaching him the "coolness" of gaydom as well as evolution. He's too young to even be curious about gay issues but he asks questions about evolution. I popped in one of his Digimon movies and told him that the basic concept of evolution was found in Digimon: Poof! You're something else. His eyes gloss over if I go into too much detail so I have to keep it simple.

We don't watch television anymore but watching commercials with your kids is a great opportunity to point out fallacies of logic to them.

I'm curious to know how other parents deal with all the anti-God propaganda out there.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

hello

This is our first child. Although Heather has already said she would like more. Well God willing is all i can say.

regarding the secular world. Be a Berean, and search the word together, one question always leads to another but this is all we can do is is pray and study.

i would use the casual "oh what does the bible say about that! comment

God calls his and i Believe that includes our children also. Worrying as it is, we can see many examples in the Bible where the children of God were entombed in a pagan society.

A mistake would be hearing and doing nothing at all to correct it. When i first became a Christian i used to help out at the Sunday School. It was full of stories about Children going off into the world only to turn back up as adult believers after years away from God.

I think all children have a degree of rebellion from what they were taught as children as they have to find out for themselves. Many people are not brought up in a Christian home but come to the Lord despite this.

Public school will make it hard and i can only pray on the outcome. Ultimately i would like to see the return of our Lord beforehand.

yes i am worried though

david

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok I'm done here. I will listen to this soul and not derail.

peace.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Wise words, David. Thanks. Christians really are awesome.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hello All

It is good to see Christians gather together, and it is very nice to meet you all.
I've seen quite a few of you in the other threads both on ats and bts, though I admit, I have not had much direct correspondence.

A little about me:

Raised in a Athiest (Dad) Christiam (Mom) home.
8y.o. Learned about Christianity from my mom who got me interested in the bible by telling me about a book she was reading, "The Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey when I had asked her what it was about. The book was about prophecy and as a kid, not understanding Jesus, it sounded like Star Wars or something really cool. Magic Powers like seeing the future, how could I not ask for more?

16y.o. Got saved
Calvery Chapel then The Vineyard
Small Groups worship leader

21y.o. Became disinterested in the church and left, not to return since
22-28y.o. Was in Touring Band (funk)...partied like a rock star
28-31y.o. Dealing with the loss of my sibling, questioning everything, angry lost and confused
31-Today....confirming the reasons I believe in truth.

I hope to share with you all and be a functioning member with you in spirit and in truth. In humility I submit to you all. My views might be controversial, so I will reserve them for now, as that is not the spirit of this thread, though I would like to share that at the right opportunity for I have faith light illuminates. Thank you for letting me share...

Peace to you all

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

hello there

i have seen some of your posts, a little gnostic/new age for me but hello to you and although i am sure we will disagree at times, i look forward to your posts.

all the best
david

[edit on 8-10-2008 by drevill]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Thank you drevill and pleasure to meet you.

I have an open heart and I know my beliefs are a little radical for some, but our Lord is radical in every sense of the word whose amazing patience and love towards us, is something to truly be understood and treasured to bring us in toward maturity towards one another.

I in no way know all things and will never claim too, but I hope to walk in these times with those of a pure heart whose pride has not overcome the truth. We are all frail, I the most to my conscience, but as it is said..."When we are weak, he is strong".

We are to prove all things, we are to be as wise as serpents, yet gentle as doves, we are to know the truth and be set free from every bondage by knowing (not blind faith...faith without works is dead) the true power of our God, who is not a God who is far off, but right at hand. As Paul says, "It is not the spirit that comes first, but the flesh, then the spirit", in the same way is Faith, in that the work is labored first, then the faith the produce of the labor which is why it is good to fellowship to abundance.

We are all in labor to this faith regardless of our beliefs as it is God alone who "searches the heart and mind". I hope to share and learn and see your hearts the same way I would try to anyone, and it never hurts to be humbled...it's a load off.

Peace

[edit on 8-10-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I have an open heart and I know my beliefs are a little radical for some

Just out of cariousity what type of beliefs that you have that are radical?? How are they different from Christian??? Who is God??Who is Jesus to you. Heaven and hell??? How is your beliefs radical???

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Originally posted by slymattb

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I have an open heart and I know my beliefs are a little radical for some

Just out of cariousity what type of beliefs that you have that are radical?? How are they different from Christian??? Who is God??Who is Jesus to you. Heaven and hell??? How is your beliefs radical???

Hello slymattb and please forgive me for letting your question hang so long.

I will put it very simple, not that it is not comprehendable, it should be most comprehendable, but it will be the hardest to grasp. My beliefs are, to my knowledge, only radical when held against the traditional Christian view.

Perhaps my beliefs are different because I use the Greek and Hebrew word for word translation of the bible after being led by the spirit into such, or perhaps it is just NOT what most Christians believe, yet what I believe has been the same since the beginning.

Who is God?

There is no who...God is. People want proof. People are the proof. The Living are God or it is said, "He is a God of the Living". No one is over or more important than one another as the body serves itself.

Are people afraid to ask how it is God is perfect? Do they not understand True Judgment is not Qualified until the weights are true? Is there anything we've suffered he hasn't? The one who began is the one who ends. No one close the door he opens nor open the door he shuts.

He is the life that gives life, which is given into the trust of the unknowing. He came to his own, but his own knew him not.

slymattb I see you have a passion for the original texts, then no doubt, the father has shown you some things you are still trying to fit into what satan had given you previously. Be strong and of good courage. Is not the matrix a lifelike representation of the english bible? Same picture, but the original text is in HIGH DEFINITION...giving you eye sight to the bondage people are under with the anti christ and his book of half truths...not giving full description of the meanings of the words, or taking this for that to distort the message to one of mysticism and unprovable guesses. When one understands that the "original words" carry volumes of information as opposed to one english word, then the word unfolds.

Know that the Father, who looked over our times of ignorance in the past...rises to our recollection.

Now to Jesus...who is he?
He is one in the same with God, being the image of God. His name and what it should mean to everyone is a contraction of two Hebrew words.

"Self existent" Yahu...shua..."salvation" in short "self existent salvation"

The name Jesus misleads people, following an image instead of the living god. "why do you seek the living amongst the dead?"

Notice, after the resurrection, no one recognized Jesus. If resurrection was into our same bodies, the old wineskin's, then we would be recognized, but it was only after the disciples recognized his words he was speaking (spirit) that they realized it was him, yet his physical appearance was changed.

You also know, by studying the original texts, that the tenses of the language, do not prohibit them to the times when written, but reflect the current moment...the english versions only leave a hint of this with such phrases as "to this day", yet the meaning thus the importance is lost in the english.

When it is spoken of to Danial(Judge OF God) and various others, to "seal the text" it is in historical reference to a change over in language. This is why it is noted in 3 languages above Jesus in the story that he is "King of the Jews" in Hebrew, Greek and Latin. Various other clues remain in the english to remind the reader to dig deeper, such as the thru-translations of specific words such as Golgotha meaning "the skull" and still even others with phrases like "Jerusalem which is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt" and yet others with phrases like that of my avatar name keep sake...Let the reader understand. They are obvious, but missed.

Those things caused me to want to know what was really being said and I thought, if I want to know then I need to read it word for word translation of the original texts finding out punctuation isn't used in the original and that words were not being given the full gamut of meaning. He placed it in my heart and I cried the day my vanity came crashing down. Our pride is often so hard to kill. The story we are told is not the true story. It feeds the unknowing milk and nourishes the suckling, but is not suitable for food being a crude makeover of the original.

In short slymattb, I believe in God. I believe he is true and that anything not true and able to be seen in the light, is not of God. I don't believe he is inanimate or unseen. I believe he dwells in us and takes literally no pleasure in our death, meaning scattering. I believe we are scattered if we allow the abomination of desolation, which is when any believe that it is not important to bring forth life loving only themselves, then they sacrifice themselves, "not knowing what they do" by going heir less and fruitless...no offspring.

People will say I'm wrong and that's fine, I witness of the truth, not fantasy. If one asks me what eternal life is, I can show them. If one asks me who Christ is, I can show them. If one want to see healing, I can show them. Now, when I show them will they accept? Most will not being sold unseen lies and shunning reality in hopes of life in a manner like this verse from Isaiah...

Isa 40:18 And unto whom do ye liken God, And what likeness do ye compare to Him?
Isa 40:19 The graven image poured out hath a artisan, And a refiner with gold spreadeth it over, And chains of silver he is refining.
Isa 40:20 He who is poor by heave-offerings, A tree not rotten doth choose, A skilful artisan he seeketh for it, To establish a graven image--not moved.
Isa 40:21 Do ye not know--do ye not hear? Hath it not been declared from the first to you? Have ye not understood From the foundations of the earth?
Isa 40:22 He who is sitting on the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are as grasshoppers, He who is stretching out as a thin thing the heavens, And spreadeth them as a tent to dwell in.
Isa 40:23 He who is making princes become nothing, Judges of earth as emptiness hath made;
Isa 40:24 Yea, they have not been planted, Yea, they have not been sown, Yea, not taking root in the earth is their stock, And also He hath blown upon them, and they wither, And a whirlwind as stubble taketh them away.
Isa 40:25 And unto whom do ye liken Me, And am I equal? saith the Holy One.
Isa 40:26 Lift up on high your eyes, And see--who hath prepared these? He who is bringing out by number their host, To all of them by name He calleth, By abundance of strength (And he is strong in power) not one is lacking.

Isa 40:27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob? and speakest thou, O Israel? `My way hath been hid from Jehovah, And from my God my judgment passeth over.'
Isa 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard? The God of the age--Jehovah, Preparer of the ends of the earth, Is not wearied nor fatigued, There is no searching of His understanding.
Isa 40:29 He is giving power to the weary, And to those not strong He increaseth might.
Isa 40:30 Even youths are wearied and fatigued, And young men utterly stumble,
Isa 40:31 But those expecting Jehovah pass to power, They raise up the pinion as eagles, They run and are not fatigued, They go on and do not faint!

Unless, one go to the original texts, none of these things will become evident, yet God always leaves a way out from death and error.

It is of asking yourself what truth is, that you will find what is right. You are the balance, so be evenly yoked.

Peace

[edit on 19-11-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Slymattb:

Thank you for your thread. I also believe that we have a wonderful group of Christians that I am proud to be able to share with and have the grace of their spiritual knowledge to be able to fall back to when needed.

This is my church and I feel that in a spiritual sense we are all part of something wonderful and meant to be.

As followers of Christ, we know we are coming upon some terrible times and we will need the support and love of each other more then ever.

Thank you for your spiritual support and jsut being a friend. when needed.

Peace to all,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Nothing wrong with that Grandma. As stated in previous posts...whenever two or more are gathered in His Name...there is He in the midst of them.
It does not matter where...just that they meet in His name.
I have often been surprised at where and when I have opportunity to meet Believers. I should know better but am often surprised by how I run into them in the most unexpected places.
I work in a shipyard...lots of wildlife there in its natural habitat. It is very refreshing to run across believers among all that wildlife. A breath of fresh air so to speak. Thanks for your post.

Amen.

In His name,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join