It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

awesome Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
To dave, pure, everyone in Mrs Clearskies' list and everyone in this thread (+ any other Tom, Dick or Harry who wants to know what we're up to on ATS):

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey pass I cant play video so if you can tell me whats in the videos that would be useful to me!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

A willingness to embrace & reconciliation with God.

Thanks for your posts today, sly. I'm laying down my head with the blessings you've given ringing in my head.

All glory to God, who alone is worthy of man's praise, now and forever. Amen.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

God bless you and your words

thanks for posting. That alone has been worth writing the OP

please stay around

David

[edit on 2-10-2008 by drevill]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow lol the first video almost made me cry. It reminded me when I thought God had Huged me. When I think about it I still tear up.

See I use to be homless in Vegas. I was staying (what we homeless call skwats) Under a turnnel. I got up that morning. And I was low in spirit, I would even say almost breaking. I was on eastern&winmill(you can go there to this day and see the turnnel) there a couple of them and if it rain it was all bad for me. Anyway my normal wanta be friends where gone michael and Raven ( both not christian but pagans) broke up and where not there anymore. I was loney and even douting God. I got up that morning and I went to ask people money for the bus to go to street teens(god bless those that help us there located on tropicana&eastern)IT was on a sunday in 2005- or 2006 I forget. Now Sometimes when I wanted I would go to a church to be under God's house in his presents. Sometimes I would just stay on the grass, I only went in 2 or three times. But this time I went in. The whole time I was scare. I wunder if God was there. I wunder where would I be at in the next year. My spirit was so low I cant describe it.

When I got in no one talk to me, I felt like to those there I was a nobody. But when I sat down on a bunch. I prayed. and God presents was there (even now i never told anyone and it makes me tear) And I remember feeling like God was there for me Huging me. It reminded me of the foot steps scripture. I cry in the church. I dont think anyone every notice. But God was there for me. And of course i did go back to sleeping on the streets under the same turnnel alone. Feeling more in spirit. I read the bible that day under the turnnel. In fact I slep with it right by my head because I was afraid that someone would steal it.

Sometimes I dont think people know the power of a hug, or the power of your own presents which the mormons didnt show me. More important I dont think people know the bible of God's house. His presents is in every one of the house of God.

This is the true testiemony of Brandon B. And dont be sad for my past or my homelessness God saved me through it. God bless and Go with God's spirit.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

A truly beautiful post.

Anyone with the love of God in their heart is richer than a king.

Luke 16:19-31

O the folly of devotion to worldly goods and comforts. How it blinds people to what truly satisfies.

Those who know Christ personally wouldn't take anything this world has to offer in exchange. Not in a thousand lifetimes.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here are some more youtube videos that I thought where great. It reminds me where I want to be. I wish that I where around these type of people more. My spirit would be so strong sometimes that even satan himself could not stop. Watch the videos and remember if your like me. There is good out there in the world. Just because you dont see it so much. Does'nt mean God is not working his mericles!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

I know you have to watch the hard way, if this dont work search
Global Day of Prayer 2008 (New Zealand) make you type type exact in search.

www.youtube.com...

Look at the sher number of people prayering. And there are millions more were prayering at this time.

www.youtube.com...
Just in case if you didnt know there was a Global day of prayer and what it is. ITs made to try to united the christians around the world to prayer and worship and works where ever they may be.

again God bless.

PS sorry I dont know how to post links from youtube or the video itself.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I, too, was homeless at one point in my life many years ago. You get so tired when you're homeless because there's just no place to rest. No place of your own where you can just be comfortable for a minute. People are always taking one look at you and saying, "leave" and you have to shuffle off to somewhere else.

I shuffled off to church one Sunday in my ragged jeans and dirty shirt, no shoes. I didn't come to ask them for anything, I just wanted a place to sit down for 5 minutes and feel like there might be some hope in the world. Maybe hear a word of encouragement. Two guys in nice suits were at the top of the outside steps. I made it about 2 steps toward the door and they told me to leave. I asked "why?" They just pointed to the street and again said, "leave". I said, "I thought only dens of iniquity had need for bouncers, not houses of God." I thought they were gonna come running down the steps and toss me to the streets when they started to advance toward me so I ran away.

Still, I left with my burden lightened and my spirit lifted. I knew my Jesus didn't treat people the way his so-called followers did. He accepted me even though I looked like the wreck of the Hesperus and smelled like a herd of goats. Being in the presence of the savior made me want to NOT look like the wreck of the Hesperus or smell like a herd of goats.

The foxes have dens and the birds of the air have nests but the son of man has nowhere to lay his head. He was homeless too and he knows just how to comfort the homeless. Since the believers are the body of Christ, we should also know how to comfort those in need, give to those who lack and uplift the weary in spirit. It is a shame to our Father to act contrary to His teaching.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I agree there are some here who I would almost consider them as "Angels of God" in the places where even angels dare to tread (ATS lol ..well I mean it is just about like walking into a lions den isnt it ?)

Most of you truly teach me and bless me with every post ....
And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for it ..
((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU ALL >..

To the Catholic ...(Forgot who said that ) ...hey no worries ..it is not your Denomination affiliation that you will be judged by ..it is what is in your heart ..and how you choose to walk in the Lord ...(By your own deeds and actions is what you will be judged by) .......
Just about all of our DENOMINATIONS have backslidden into the abyss ..
As long as you do not partake of their UNGODLY DEEDS ..and you read the word for yourself and walk by the will of God (Not by the will of the church)
And as long as you have NO OTHER GODS before him .....etc etc .....
You are one of his (The Lords) ..>>..
I left Church because I did not want to PARTAKE of their evil deeds ..I also did not want to stand by and watch what they were doing to the congregations with their rituals and rules galore ..and the fact that they have become more like CULTS and BUSINESSes with slaves .....the Church was set up to be a place of FELLOWSHIP and a HOUSE OF PRAYER ...
It has been along long while since I have seen either of those two things happen in a church anywhere ...........

OH PS ...alot of you who are not believers also bless me sometimes ..
And I even learn a thing or two from some of you ..Thank you and a big ((((HUGS ))))) for you too

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

hello there

I used to go to a Methodist Chapel. there was a "committee meeting" the little place was in dire need of repair. however the congregation tiny and the collection was about £50.00 a week.

however this did not stop the "minister" stating that out of any funds his wages came first???????????????

total contradiction to the scriptures.

The will always be wolves amongst the sheep. The difference today is that the wolf is becoming bold enough to caste aside its disguise and yet people still see a sheep.

If people are fooled by a wolf how can they feel that they will not be fooled in later times?

david

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
hello Pure

im sure we all have differing beliefs about certain things

do you agree with the traditional basics of Christianity

I'm intrigued when you say that Jesus is the messiah and

im wondering what your beliefs are surrounding this

with respect

david

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

how you doin' drevill,

actually, at one time i thought christianity was the way to go, so to speak. i had a few amazing things happen to me in church when i was in my teens, and we all know how bad our teen years can be.

but now, and i mean no offense to anyone here, maybe i am wrong, but i dont feel the same way about christianity anymore, i have denounced all religion and gave myself to the lord. you might ask, how can you do that? i study scripture on my own, along with all the other writings i can possibly find. when i am at work, or anywhere for that matter, i always keep the lord in mind, and if i get even the SMALLEST opportunity, i preach until im blue in the face, as long as the other person is willing to listen.

i have converted jehovas witnesses, and mormons. and turned a few people towards the lord, not by my doing though. i am only an instrument. this is how i can denounce religion. by always keeping the lord in my heart.

i believe jesus is the messiah, to date i have not found a reason to not beleive that. there are so many prophecies, and i believe jesus fits those.

i like to mingle with you guys on here, because i like to hear everyones point of view, even the atheists. there is always room to learn more and more, so i never set the smaller details in stone, at least not in my mind. the laws of the lord are written in my heart.

i have also learned that when differing points of view in terms of scripture come along, not to tell anyone they are wrong, or that they are perverting the scripture. its obvious if someone is blatantly doing it though.

anyway..........i have rambled long enough, sorry about that.

peace

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Correction to you souls.

The denomination or church Catholic which i am and always will be is not the evil itself, it's some of the people inside them.

Instead of judging them we need to pray for their conversions because they pollute our church and the bride of Christ.

Jesus said satan would try and overcome this church but would not succeed all the way.

peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

drevill,

from your post on page two...

i think im looking for a real Bible Church.

i dont find them as i believe the sabbath should be observed and the friday sundown to Sat sundown.

you just don't find it. To be honest im just interested in meeting at someones home every now and again.

One of the reasons you don't find many real Bible Church's is that so many are not teaching real bible..but running a business..they are a bizz....
By this I mean filling the pulpits and plates...not preaching the Whole Council of God.
Also, most Church's in America are tax exempt corporations under 501c tax status. This is not separation of church and state both on the part of the Church's and also the government. Both church and state here are a bunch of phoneys in this. This also means if the government does not like what the churchs are preaching they can audit them and remove their tax exempt 501c status. This is really stupid and ignorant of most Church's. Government too ..once you know the Truth. In other words ...most Church's are a corporation of the state.
Both the Churchs under 501c tax status and the state...both of them thier investment is in your ignorance..not in the Truth. And we are back again to not being able to teach and preach the Whole Council of God.

Church's should be tax immune..not tax exempt. This is why they cannot preach and teach the Whole Council of God. They are regulated by the state.

I know of only a handful of Churchs..Assemblys where they are not filed as 501c corporations and all of them teach and preach the Whole Council of God.

As to the Sabbath...it is a person not a day. It is the person Living ..of Jesus the Christ for remission of sins. All days are His...24/7. This is another reason you are having problems finding a real Bible Church.
The word Sabbath means Rest, Peace, Life, among many of His other names. We are to rest in Him...daily. We are to keep Him...daily...not on a particular day.

We are having church right here ....right now...you are in my home as are others. We are sharing ...teaching and preaching...everyone a priest unto the Most High. A royal priesthood. Here we can teach and preach the Whole Council of God ...with no concern about 501c corporations...understand??

I do not observe days, times, months, and years. Not interested in it. We are to occupy until the appointed time when He calls us home to the place He has prepared for us. We are not here for the traditions of men. I am not under the Olde Testament bondage. However, the Olde Testament is my schoolmaster. I am not to be ignorant of it nor the New Testament.

Our stay here on this earth is only temporary. Our meeting houses are only temporary...not permanent places. It was intended this way by Hiim. Not permanent buildings here on this earth....but the Jerusalem which is above and the Mother of us all. The church meets and the church goes home. The church is the assembly..not the building/buildings.

When you come to understand this you can look around at what is called Church's and begin to see a lot you did not see prior.

We are meeting and having church right now..right here..in His name.
Praise and Glory to Him.

Amen.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yea but they don't have the new sacrafice predicted in the Ot and told to continue in the NT. This is why we go to the building at church.

the fact is the NT talks about coming together to break bread and recieve the eucharist in a local building. Another fact is that st Paul talks about along with jesus to do this in memory of me which is communion.

another fact is that God ordained preist to forgive and retain sins in john 20.

These are facts that you souls overlook because you can't see what Church God created.

like I said before 1500 only one church existed. that's 1500 years of saints which were living at that time before your idea of bible alone even existed which scripture itself doesn't promote.

any truly sincere soul can see this, you have to literally put blinders on if yo cannot see this. I used to be protestant myself but I saw the truth about which chruch began first and scripture itself proves thbe eucharist and confession.

unbelievable how many protestants are in this forum.

peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

saying someone has blinders on are you. i agree with what the previous poster said, when do i get my blinders? i hope they are those cool 3-d type glasses where everything looks red and blue.

the church to me is nothing more than a building, jesus said any place where 2 or more people meet, there i will be. i dont go to church but i meet with people where ever that might be, just not at a building that is called church.

jesus also said that he came for sick, the sick need a doctor. jesus did not come for people that are already saved. what good would it do me to talk to people all the time that are saved already. i talk to those that dont already know the gospel. is there a problem with that?

dont get me wrong, i dont look down on any church, but its just not always necessary. i dont feel the church is for this age. but like i said before, my opinions are not set in stone. my mind can change at any time, if it be god's will.

please dont take offense, i just happen to think its very arrogant to say people have " blinders " on. maybe some people just are not at the same point in their " walk " with the lord.

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by NOTurTypical

i dont find them as i believe the sabbath should be observed and the friday sundown to Sat sundown.

david

i also wanted to comment on this, so this is just my current point of view.

in this day and age, someone is going to be working everyday, so the sabbath cannot be observed as some people might think. plus the bible doesnt specifically point to a certain day, some people think it is saturday, others think it is sunday.

to me the sabbath should be one day a week to rest and enjoy time with loved one's. so that person/person's working on the sabbath can still observe a sabbath, whether it be on a monday or thursday. just one day a week.

for instance, my neighbor's, i had to build a fence, sunday was the only day i could do it. that happened to be their sabbath day. they didnt lift a finger to help, but later that day, i noticed they came home with bags full of groceries. which is fine that they didnt help me out, i respect their beliefs. point being, i worked on their " sabbath ". the day before, which was saturday, i didnt do anything, i still took a day to rest.

i hope that was clear, but is there any error in my thinking regarding the sabbath? i would value some opinions on this.

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thanks David! I like this thread. I'm weary of the constant hostility of the world. I have learned a lot from you guys at ATS and from trial by fire from the skeptics as well.

reply to post by orangetom1999

Our stay here on this earth is only temporary. Our meeting houses are only temporary...not permanent places. It was intended this way by Hiim. Not permanent buildings here on this earth....but the Jerusalem which is above and the Mother of us all. The church meets and the church goes home. The church is the assembly..not the building/buildings.

Amen Orangetom. The Church is the body of believers indwelt by the Holy Spirit not a man made organization. However, I do go and participate in a local Church and find it to be quite valuable in my walk. No matter where you do it , online or in a building - we are called to serve each other, like the example of Christ when he washed the disciples feet.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
pure evil, lol, son, I appretiate your sarcasm which wasn't funny, but that's not what I'm talkin bout.

1. This (church) is not just a building, you see I don't have my passages with me. It's a literal orginization and scripture calls it the bride of Christ. It's acollective orginization of believers where the heads of that orginization are called the heiarchy and they interpret scripture.

2. You completely skipped over my points.

before 1500 there was one church and it was catholic. Communion and the new sacrafice are talked about throughout the NT and OT. Scientists have even tested eucharistic miracles from over 1300 years ago and the blood is still fresh.

and you want to talk about coming together in his name. That's exactly what we are doing. He was refering to praying in his name, but that does not cancelt the fact that he created a church and this church holds communion.

and blinders, what I meant was, your sarcasm aside, is that the points I make protestants they skip over for some reason like one church existeing before 1500.

it's like an agenda, but anyways I still love their souls though.

peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
:" it's a group of collective believer "

that's what we are Bwhammey, but the difference is that God set up a heirarchy just like in the OT so personaly interpetation wouldn't destroy people.,

that's why you have 3,000 different protestant church all spereated on bible doctrine.

This orginization was always cathoic before the middle ages and always will be, and (mark my word) to you souls. It will be rebuilt and when God cleanses this Earth in the great chastisement, the only ones left will be Catholic. many saints predicted this. He will rebuild the church and communion will be valid again because of what V2 did to the eucharist.

peace.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join