It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The god-man is here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
First of all I would like to say that I was raised christian and it did give me a great moral and ethical foundation but as I got older I did see the problem with christianity. There were so many contradictions in the bible that I came to the conclusion that christianity provides a great spiritual structure but the historical facts about christian dogma are completely false. Religion in general is responsible for more death and destruction through out history than any other idea or disease that ever existed. Religion is just another tool used for the slavery of the masses. Jesus was another man turned into a god as was buddah and confucious and so on and so on. christians just dont get it. The bible has inspired me very much especially where it says to "seek all knowledge", knowledge is information that is truth. But the bible has also said not to question gods authority. This is where i ran into a problem, isnt gods athroity part of "all" knowledge? The only authority is you, church officials are the ones who claim to be the authority because god gave it to them, well if thats the case then shouldnt there have been a ceremony where god shows up and hands over his authority to them? Of coarse there wasnt these men have taken it upon them selves to have the athority of god. church officials = slave drivers. You are the only person who can make a difference in your life not jesus not god only you.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Interesting your phrase: god-man.

Because, in some spiritual traditions the 'hu' in human means God and of course the man is you and me.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am by no means religious, nor have I read the Bible but,

"Jesus was another man turned into a god"

That was something that stuck out like a sore thumb when I read this thread. Am I wrong in questioning this of a person that was raised a Christian?

"as was buddah and confucious and...."

Please correct me if I am wrong, as I said, I have never read the Bible nor am I religious.

Fox.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth bearer
shouldnt there have been a ceremony where god shows up and hands over his authority to them?

Matthew 16:18 Jesus said to Peter, the Rock, 'whatever you hold bound on Earth is bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven'.

The 'ceremony' was performed by Christ - to Peter - the head of His church. Read your scripture.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Matthew 16:18 Jesus said to Peter, the Rock, 'whatever you hold bound on Earth is bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven'.

That just reads like the law of correspondence to me: "As below, so above; as above, so below."

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I like to take things as there presented more than the content of the presentation. I live in the Bible-belt and I see baptist churchs everywhere and I've been around it my whole life.
I have a few snares with it as well but if you and I where given an assignment to write a book on microbiology covering the same ideas, I'm pretty confident they would be almost totally different.
What I'm getting at is how so many books where left out of the bible and how many times it's been (falsely) translated and sometimes given whole sentences new/altered meanings.

Most of the pastures I've met in my life generally have the well being in mind for all and solely want you in heaven, granted none of them or the bible is perfect but honestly what and who is?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

If this is true, it would be the same as the pharaohs in Egypt declaring themself and there cats as gods.
Its just up to the person to decide you're belief.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snift

That's what I thought.
It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Everyone has their own interpretation as too what is and what isn't.

Fox.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
I am by no means religious, nor have I read the Bible but,

"Jesus was another man turned into a god"

That was something that stuck out like a sore thumb when I read this thread. Am I wrong in questioning this of a person that was raised a Christian?

"as was buddah and confucious and...."
You'll no doubt get conflicting answers to this question.

The bible says that God is not a man or a son of Man.

Jesus, as reported in the bible, refers to himself as a Son of Man repeatedly.

The bible also shows that there were numerous other Sons of Man.

Worshiping Jesus as God can be construed as idol worship, imo.

Yet, even so, I can agree with those that say that Jesus was/is God and also with those who say Jesus is/was not God. Sounds contradictory, but it really isn't.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"And Jesus says to the people, The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN YOU." You want to tell me to read my scripture,flyer, I have, 3 times front to back all before the age of 16. This book is many things and the word of god is NOT one of them. The holy bible is holy only because some guy in power said it was and that is the only reason. "They must find it difficult..... those who have taken authority as truth rather than truth as the authority." If you take the personality of a fundamentalist christian and compare it to the personality of some one who is in a cult I promise you will find the same personality and christianity started out as a cult and through a political movement became a religion to enslave people and as far as Im concerned it is still a cult.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by truth bearer]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Who are you referring to when you state: You want to tell me to read my scripture...

???

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thank you, Truth Bearer, for clearing up who you were speaking to.

Yes, what flyer posted: Matthew 16:18 Jesus said to Peter, the Rock, 'whatever you hold bound on Earth is bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven'. The 'ceremony' was performed by Christ - to Peter - the head of His church. Read your scripture.

Is ALWAYS the support given for the RCC's perceived supremacy. Yet, couldn't the rock that Jesus' church was to be built on was Jesus' statement of "the Father revealed to you" part of the conversation?

I really don't think that a dead man's bones provide spiritual elevation, yet being given revelation does.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There is an evil in this world and it must and should be stopped. My biggest fear is that we human beings will self fulfill the supposed prophacy in the book of revalations. Stop reading the bible stop watching TV and look around you life is supposed to be happy and we are creating a hell. Suppose Alex Collier is right and there are a small group of aliens that want to destroy us. We dont respect eachother, We dont respect our planet and we dont respect our selves. so tell me why shouldn't they destroy us.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Truth Bearer,

There is so much that could be said. And there is so much that I empathize with you about too.

The only problem that I see in trying to stop evil is that often it is the methods used by evil that are used, which in effect is just perpetuating evil.

I know it sounds trite, but the best thing to do is to be the change that we wish to see. And, of course, to point out the obvious (to you, but not necessarily to others) that is wrong with how religion (or anything else) is used to control people's minds.

Be of good courage. Be happy as you suggest we all be. I know that there is a plan in all this. If the blind wish to remain blind even with all your efforts, who are we to oppose their free will? Yet, that doesn't mean to give up... just try not to let it cause you to despair.

As for aliens... I don't know much about them, but I do know that there are beings that feed off of dark energies: depression, anger, hate, fear and etc. They do not wish to destroy us, but instead wish for us to keep putting out those kinds of energies so that they have energy to use. Yet, with those kinds of emotions, we destroy ourselves anyway.

Revelation: yes, it is a supposed prophecy. One that is totally misunderstood by mainstream religionists. And, it is so true that thoughts have power. With enough people dreaming of armageddon, it could happen. But, people are waking up and it might be diverted. Time will tell. In the meantime, it is up to people like yourself to not get sucked into either side of the controlled: loving vs hating religion. Both will blind and increase the insanity. Keep on keep on seeing more and more clearly.

Best wishes.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the hope L.I.B. I do get what you are saying. You dont put out a fire with fire or with water either you simply deprive it of it's oxygen and thats what we have to do to keep evil out deprive it of the one thing it needs to survive, Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes. Exactly.

Thank you for being here and speaking up.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It is refreshing to see people who actually get it. Especially that you do not fight evil by becoming the evil yourself. You won't rid the world of evil that way, you will only replace the source.

I see people celebrating the death of Jesus and it's depressing. How can they believe God would send his son down here to die and wash away their sins, as if god couldn't do the exact same thing without it. That obviously, he came down to show man how to act and be, even though it meant he would be killed. He refused to become king, and become the evil himself.

By doing so, he showed the world exactly the above, that you do not rid the world of evil by becoming the evil. By showing and teaching people that, he did exactly what was mentioned before - stomped out ignorance so those who understand.

Also, we are all god in part. I direct you to John 14:20 for that. That entire chapter speaks of the enlightenment process.

Anyway, nice to see people actually do get it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I'm afraid you are misinformed on a number of facts. The Bible is clear that God did send His Son as a sacrifice to pay for the sin of all mankind (John 3:16-18). There are a great many passages that explain this and why, for instance Romans 3:23 & 6:23. We need a Savior because we can not meet God's standard of perfection ourselves. Then how are we saved from our sin? Romans 10: 9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9, Jesus death was the price He paid for my (and everyone else's) sin. God is Holy & Perfect and cannot abide sin in His presence and we can not pay for our own sins, so He chose to provide a perfect sacrifice- God the son. If we accept Jesus' sacrifice in our place God declares us righteous (John 1:29) God gives us a choice, to receive His gift or reject it. We don't remember His death and celebrate His resurrection & victory over death. You are right that Christ showed us how to live but He was rejected by mankind (John 1:11). I agree with you that 'religion' is worthless and ignorance is the enemy. Religion is human centered- trying to 'do something' to impress God with ceremony and ritual. God demands faith (I Samuel 16:7) and that comes from God's word- the Bible (Romans 10:17). Don't take my word for it search the Scriptures for yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Once again I have and it still stinks to high heaven. No matter how you put it, no matter how good you make it sound it is and will always be slavery. you sir are not looking at the big picture. You make it sound like scripture is the word of god and that it is not. And you will always say it is and i say why? What makes it the word of god because every generation of men before us says so? Because the men who wrote it were under gods influences? proove it. Oh let me guess you cant. All you need is a little blind faith? Well you are right there, blindness is what that is. Dont question anything at all just be a subserviant follower of the biggest cult known through out history.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by truth bearer]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Religion is the fruit from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. God put the tree in the Garden, but we were never supposed to consume it.

He didn't say destroy it. He didn't say develop a philosophy of it. He didn't say interpret it. He didn't say hate it. He just said don't eat it, better yet, don't even go near it.

Just leave it alone, let it be. Is that so hard?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join