It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets flood the market with investments to show our support.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, They want to take this bill to congress again.. Why can't we get together as a people, and fix this our way before they try to steal from the people again.

We should all invest what we can in the market. Force the numbers to go up, and watch them cringe when they realize a new bill will never pass because the Public has already done what they can't do.

This would take HUGE public support. But i believe it could be done.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
An interesting idea, to be sure...

But speaking strictly for myself, No Freaking Way. The playing field is not even, IMO, and small investors are on the short end of the stick, to mix metaphors...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Small Investors on a large playing field would have a huge advantage in large numbers.
Just a thought.

Imagine 100 million people (APPX 1/3 of the current US population I Think..) investing in a stock market previously OWNED by the elite.. and taking it over.

There is no denying this will affect all of us in a large way, If we fail, and we did not try, who is to blame?
If we try and fail, or it fails on its own, the outcome is the same. Our money is devalued, and we all have to work harder. (if we even still have jobs)
If we try and succeed, OH what a day that would be.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah! Let's take all our money and invest it in a risky vehicle! Better yet, borrow some money to invest!

Wait a minute. Isn't that sorta, kinda what the bailout is all about? Taking our money (well, future money) and investing it in some risky vehicles?

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying. What I am saying, is the populace has the ability to control the situation.
Either way, they are taking our money. At least this way, we would have a chance of getting it back.

new topics

top topics

join