It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone actually Know what the Soul is?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

The only TRUE definition of the soul is to be found in the Scriptures of the Living God - the Bible. Please don't waste your precious time studying ancient writings, etc. Hosea 4:6 says that we as a people perish because of lack of knowledge. It is all in the Word of God. Why do we so enjoy searching for answers elsewhere?

Welcome to the thread.

You shall find all that I am describing is in the bible.

Having been to "The Marriage Supper" at our Lords table.

I have just a very small amount of knowledge of those things, which are both inside the world and outside the world.. or of The Kingdom..

There is Not a man or woman on earth that can change the fact, that I have been to "The Marriage Supper" and ate and drank at our Lords Table.

This was in December1999.

It is Not me that people my disagree with, but rather Him that I came from and I agree with him that sent me, to be a witness.

Be Not as those that either, Love the tree and hate the Fruit or Love the Fruit and Hate the Tree.

But thank you for your contribution, as it helps draw out or make manifest what I do Know.

But I only know a very small amount and don't claim to know everything or even a lot.

I only have more Questions now than before, but I guess this has something to do with learning, wouldn't you agree?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The lord has sent down another messanger to help us through these transition times like he always has. Blessing us with increased knowledge so that we can prosper, and be joyed in his everlasting love and mercy.

Bahá’u’lláh is his name and he confirms the unity of God. Confirms the unity of religions sprung up from followers of his messangers. He answers the question further to the soul and it's purpose.

Christ the saviour only had so much knowledge to what we could handle. It is time for more.

Peace be with you

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by science lol

Hi science lol,

Welcome..

Yes what you have written is correct.

Many believe that the soul is in the human body.

From my own experience of death and what knowledge I was able to bring back into this program gave me a much different perspective of things than what is taught by humankind.

To understand what the Soul actually is require back ground with regard to understanding the true make up of your Universe and how the experience is induced.

This universe is only one of so many Universes it would be Impossible to count them let alone other worlds that don't represent a universe in any way.

We view our experience as though through a wall of a disc with the Holograph of The Universe one one side and the True Mind that observes is on the other side of the disc.

This Holograph is actually under the Soul. There are many layers an information is present on the surfaces of these layers and they are controlled by the processing system that exists both in the out portions of the Soul, and The larger Lattice Work that we are located in.

The Soul looks like a Jellyfish without the tentacles ..LOL...
It is Constructed from Light with a lattice work map of the Partitioning on the Underside.

The Holograph of this Universe exists on the outer side of the Soul.

The flesh is also holographic and also exists on the outside of the Soul.

But the Holograph I am talking about is far beyond human technology.

The Who system is so beautifly made and so advanced it produces the condition we call our real environment or Universe.

Each Soul has its own holographic experience and are all interconnected through a lattice work of Light.

It will take many years yet perhaps another 1,000 years before we get our heads around this technology but I know we shall come to understand its workings and interface with it correctly in the end.

I do certainly Not know a lot but these things I have seen and learnt about as a result of my death experience.

All things take time and don't happen in day... LOL,,

Thank you for your input and hope to hear more from you in the future...

[edit on 1-10-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What is the soul?

Thats easy. . . You'll find it on the bottom of your shoe!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Now that's the truth. I can't deny it..... LOL..

Good to have a little humour in Life isn't it....

Hope you will stick around to keep the refreshments coming as I know it getts a little dry at times... LOL..

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I agree. He is the best, hey?

We are o-k as long as we look whacked. Start making sense, and you'll find yourself at the bottom of a tackle pile of debunkers, skeptics and naysayers.

I do know. Seen it many times.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Regardless, unless you can demonstrate anything in the positive, any guesses as to what the soul is are just that - guesses.

Potential or not - we need some evidence.

When we die our circuits are destroyed. That is it. The chain reaction that was 'us' ceases to be, just as a car's engine stops running when it is broken.

The rest of your debunking just sounded like a joke, to be honest. Sentient light-bulbs? Come on!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Regardless, unless you can demonstrate anything in the positive, any guesses as to what the soul is are just that - guesses.

Lol, I'm pretty sure I mentioned, IMO?!? but hey, please carry on.

Potential or not - we need some evidence.

Oh very true, but if we don't have evidence? do we choose not to believe it? each his own. People are out there looking.

When we die our circuits are destroyed. That is it. The chain reaction that was 'us' ceases to be, just as a car's engine stops running when it is broken.

Oh really? Thats it is it? Thats sounds an awful lot like an opinion, or as you like to call it, a guess.

The rest of your debunking just sounded like a joke, to be honest. Sentient light-bulbs? Come on!

I'm sorry, where is this debunking?!?!? I was expressing an opinion of what I think the soul is, I even explained why I believe that, which, I didn't have to, but I was hoping this would explain why I believe what I do.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I called it an analogy?!? Correct me if I'm wrong?

"An analogy that I have found useful in the past is the lightbulb:"
OOPS!!

I apologise if you got that impression off my post, but I honestly can't see where you did, first of all, the first thing I said when addressing the soul, was IMO.

"IMO, we are all just energy, chaotic energy ordered through vibration."

Your move, tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.

EMM

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Oh for crying out loud.

When we die, our brains turn to mush. Quickly followed by the rest of our body. That is not a guess, that is not my opinion, that is medical fact. Or do you think when we die we are perfectly preserved, and a quick go on a car battery will make us right as rain? Please. Science has demonstrated, by using all kinds of imaging systems, that our thoughts, feelings, emotions, and intelligence is held squarely in the bundles of nerves throughout our bodies. Mainly the brain, but also in the top of the spine, and even in the large knot of nerves in our stomachs. That is where everything which is 'us' resides. The 'ignition' that starts us off is present in the sex cells from our parents. It is a constant chain reaction, like an engine, that needs food and functionality to keep the chain reaction going. As soon as either the food stops or the machine breaks, we cease to be. The energy in our brains is rapidly used up, and is not replenished. That which was our soul - our entire being (thoughts, memories, feelings, etc. etc.) ceases to be. It's not romantic, and it might not be that comforting, but it's documented scientific fact. The 'soul' is just the term ancient people used to use to describe these facets of our existence which they couldn't understand. We can now understand them, but people still seem to think the 'soul' and our brain's functions are different, wen they are the exact same thing.

Belief in something without evidence is irrational. If you want to live your life in an irrational fashion, be my guest. Just don't expect to ever learn anything. "Deny ignorance" not "Invite ignorance round for dinner and let it stay a few months".

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Hi dave420..

First thank you for your participation in the thread.

What you have written about here is only the Physical nature of the flesh or human primate.

I may be wrong here but I suspect not all are aware of their conscious state in its true context.

Having experienced the Outer True Mind it has made me aware of The Inner True Mind and also what the environment called the universe really is.

I can Not change this which is now known to me.

So I can only speak for my self here and Not those who are not yet aware of the Outer True Mind.

But I would like to point out that I am Not the only one that understands some of these things.

We still don't know a lot though.

I have found that The Conscious state is Not part of a human.

The Conscious state, experiences the Human Condition within a Program called your Universe (This Includes your Flesh.)

The Brain is only a Decoder/Encoder...

The Brain can Not see anything, or even Know anything.

It is The True Inner Mind that Sees and Not The Brain...

Ask your Brain if it knows anything at all, and I bet you wont get an answer, unless you suffer from hearing voices in your head.

You can't even feel the location a thought comes from, in your brain and a neurological scan, can only record activity of a Decoder/Encoder System.

It takes more than just a biological robot (Human) to do anything, it requires "Inspiration" and "Motivation", to make anything happen.

It is Written in the Gospel of Thomas (Not in your Bible),

"He who has found the World has Only found a Corpse, and he who has found a Corpse is Superior to the World".

From what I have experienced after being declared brain dead and Not experiencing anything human or human like, but experiencing only that which I came from in the first place, being of Intelligence and Life it self
Was nothing at all like the knowledge or lack of knowledge a human has.

This knowledge was then downloaded into the program, you call your universe to be decoded by the brain and put in such a way, as to be understood in this environment or universe.

A human does Not have a Soul, as The human and the Environment is Nothing more than a Holograph within the Soul, which does Not belong to Humankind, but is a device used by the True Inner and Outer Mind to experience Programs Through.

The Human is Not alive, but the Mind is very much alive.

It is The True Mind that Lives and Not Humans.

Life can Not become Death and Death can Not become Life.

It is a bit like the cup and the Coffee.

The Coffee can Not become the Cup and The Cup cannot become the Coffee, if they did we could have a small problem, Don't you think?

But I am only the smallest of all and perhaps I can learn something from you, who knows?.....

But Thank you for your valuable input, as it is part of the quest for Truth, what ever that may be in the future.

Who knows where it will take us, but that is the adventure of Life isn't it?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

[edit on 3-10-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Oh for crying out loud.

When we die, our brains turn to mush. Quickly followed by the rest of our body. That is not a guess, that is not my opinion, that is medical fact. Or do you think when we die we are perfectly preserved, and a quick go on a car battery will make us right as rain?

Pardon me for thinking there is something else beyond our physical reality, forgive me for thinking we haven't discovered a fraction of what there is to be discovered. We're all fumbling around in the dark, and people claiming to know everything are even more ignorant than those who believe in things that aren't understood yet.

Please. Science has demonstrated, by using all kinds of imaging systems, that our thoughts, feelings, emotions, and intelligence is held squarely in the bundles of nerves throughout our bodies. Mainly the brain, but also in the top of the spine, and even in the large knot of nerves in our stomachs. That is where everything which is 'us' resides.

Oh I'm afraid I have to disagree, I have seen no definitive conclusions reached, although, some take them to be. I have seen implications as to the bioelectircal signals, stemming from the brain, controlling our bodily functions, from our motor neurone skills to our concsiousness, to me, this is an opinion, and not far different from my own.

I believe that although, this does all take place, I believe our consciouness is only anchored in the brain, and not contained or created from within it, not a valid theory in your eyes, and thats fine, but there are studies working on it, trying to explain, by much more intelligent men/women than myself. Besides, our 'physical' demise that you so eloquently described, at it's fundamental level, is merely a transformation of energy, afterall, thats all we, and everything we consider 'our reality' is.

That which was our soul - our entire being (thoughts, memories, feelings, etc. etc.) ceases to be. It's not romantic, and it might not be that comforting, but it's documented scientific fact. The 'soul' is just the term ancient people used to use to describe these facets of our existence which they couldn't understand. We can now understand them, but people still seem to think the 'soul' and our brain's functions are different, wen they are the exact same thing.

Documented scientific fact eh? Sounds like an opinion to me, how you, or anyone, could possibly know that?

Then you go on to make assumptions about my belief of the term 'soul'? not to mention, people who have been dead for thousands of years? We'll have to disagree on how much we 'understand' about 'the human experience'.

Belief in something without evidence is irrational. If you want to live your life in an irrational fashion, be my guest. Just don't expect to ever learn anything. "Deny ignorance" not "Invite ignorance round for dinner and let it stay a few months".

Well, IMO, there are somethings we will never be able to understand fully, or have 'evidence' for, at least in our current state. I can still look, and I can still hope, but in the end, it will still be someone's opinion, no matter how popular it maybe. Oh, and 'deny ignorance'? Your the one running around stating your opinions as fact, I have said many times that this is merely my opinion, and it will be subject to change, but not for someone esle's.

EMM

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
SOUL Speed OF Universol Light

The component of the mind linked to several differnet perpetual motion algorythms and time functions.

Hope this word play helps.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The soul is god playing with his reflection in a mirror.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I agree with you the brain sees minimally and cannot know even close to everything.

Saying humans don't have a soul goes against many people's beliefs and such a claim is huge IMHO. I don't believe all of what you say, but respect what you have to say.

And to look at ones soul, I believe the closest you can get is to look at their face (and facial features). That's all I'll say, I'm not crazy

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

In my experience I would have to say your statement is 100% True!

Thank you for Your Valued contribution and hope I will hear more from you in the future...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Hi Monsterenergy791,

Don't misunderstand me, but what I was explaining is That The Soul is Not in the Ownership of a Human being but the Soul is a mechanism in the Ownership of the True Mind.

In other words The Soul is Not the product of the Flesh.

All is manifested in the Soul as a holograph. The manifestation of the Flesh including all other manifestations such as the Universe you are aware of now.
These all exist in Libraries of The True Mind in The form of Program Books..
Often they have been referred to as the Heavenly Books.

When people relate to their Mind, or the Human Mind they are really referring to the Consciousness which as I have said, is Not of the Brain, but experiences through the programs of both the Universe and the human body.

The Brain is a Decoder/Encoder.

In the old writing when it says "In your patience poses ye your Souls" the word "your" is with reference to The Mind also referred to in the ancient writings as "The True Mind"...

The Flesh ends up in the Ground, but the True Inner Mind (Mind) returns to the Outer True Mind"...

Thank you for Your input as sooner or later we may find The Truth to be different than what we think it is at this stage.

I am only a Little and also am learning and always will, I guess.

Have you read by any chance an old script called "The Thunder Perfect Mind"? I found it to be an extremely interesting script in the framework of understanding.

If you look it up on the net you may find it in the Gnostic Library.

I am Not a Gnostic though.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply Matrix Traveller - I"m still trying to grasp what you are saying though. I believe you are still learning, just like everyone else on Earth because you can't really understand something completely-there will always be more questions and confusion.

To your question, I have not read "The Thunder Perfect Mind" as I don't read religious manuscripts (I hardly read anything anyway, not much of a reader).

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Yes you sound a little like myself and I agree with what you have written.

There will always be more to learn, and that is the adventure of being a child, in this huge World, of what the earth and even this Universe is a very, very, small part of........ The All an maybe , just maybe we may be able in time to understand more of our existence.

I look forward to more of your comments in the future and I promise I will do my best to explain the little I have experienced and what I have learnt.

I don't profess to know much but what I have found it is my only desire to give that knowledge freely as it was freely given to me by Life.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
A debunker does not a scientist make. But a simplistic mind it does.

Absolute statements, such as:

Rocks are rocks. There is no persistence of consciousness after death. No other life exists outside of Earth's biosphere.

Herein lies the root of ignorance, which inevitably leads to fear and control.

What about Dean Radin's work? Shall we bury our heads in the sand and forget about it, because thinking about it is just too much and makes our brains hurt?

Shall we ignore all these? Or this paper?

I found this article most intriguing. Scroll down to THE DARKNESS OF GOD and you will see why.

It is continued here.

And if you feel adventurous enough, then visit TASTE. There you will find transcendent experiences by scientists, not your new agey feel good indigo child chakra ommers (with crystals around their necks)

So as far as there being a soul, the case is vast, looming over the old paradigm. I doubt it will go away just because someone somewhere on a forum said "bah!"

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Hi Matyas,

Just to let you know I am reading Dean Radin's work but I am a bit slow on the reading as I like to try and picture the concepts from the writers point of view and not tainted by my own thoughts.

When I have completed reading I will then compare the writers point of view with what I can't refute aside from my thoughts and see where it takes me?

If I find Conflict with what I know then I start asking Questions.

I do know a little as you are probably aware, I explore the possibilities with Optical Interfaces with what I, and many relate to as The True Mind..

At present I am very busy during the week in developing a toy, to be introduced in about 18 months, if all goes well.

We are hoping will introduce people to this technology involving The True Mind.

We already have played with Optical Computer Systems now, for about 15 years.

But because of our work, many more questions have arisen, and it is going to take thousands of people to explore just a small fraction of the All.

From what we already know I don't believe anyone will ever find an end as it is growing at a huge rate as so many outside this program of Earth and this Universe are writing programs that pass through The True Mind.

The Development that we are doing at present is about being able to produce this in the form of a very low cost toy so anyone can obtain one.

We feel that this is the quickest way, to release this technology, rather than through limited organisations, with ulterior motives for whatever reasons.

We need to keep the technology as simple and as basic as possible, so as to allow as many as possible, to experience and comprehend.

If we can achieve this we believe development by others will be far more rapid overall and not kept to any one group of people.

In the weekends and lately I have been writing as well, to others who wish to know more.

So please be patient, as it may take a while to read, but anyway I have started reading Dean Radin's work now...

Thank you for the introduction to Dean Radin's work...

And I hope to hear more of your valued comments in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join