It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antidepressants negate paranormal / psychic abilities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have read many pages on ATS / Google about antidepressants but i barely cant find anything in relation with blocking / negate psychic abilities and i would like to share and discuss that particular point with you.

A little about me

To be short i personally fit the Indigo child personality perfectly and i feel depressed all my life ( and still on that mood at 34 yo) thats why ive been put on antidepressants (mostly 250 to 400 mg Effexor but include some other too) for more than 12 years until i decided to quit cold turkey (8 months drug free now) after reading all the bad things about those drugs.

The Effexor brain zaps are especially annoying, I have found that they only happen when i move my eyes, it feels like mini-electric shocks inside the head, without the pain.

If there some of you on Effexor NEVER quit cold turkey like i do, god, i never feel so sick in my whole life for about a month after quitting and experiencing brain zaps 24/7 can drive you crazy !

My pre-antidepressant " Psychic abilities "

From the age of 12 to 22, i have no memories of my life before 12 (i dont know why but that part of my life is completely blanked) and now at 34 its restarting...

AURA Visualization

I remember being able to see aura around people, animals and sometime things with little or no concentration as far as i remind until i started taking antidepressants at age of 20-22. One month ago it started to came back slowly. just watching my cat playing around when i started to see her aura, first aura sight for more than 10 years , 7 months after stopping the AD.

SLIder Phenomenon

Like the others sliders random streetlights goes off and electric / electronics devices act weird when we are close.

There is a street light in front of my parent house where i grew up, i flick this light off 300 days a year i mean i just have to walk near the lightpole and the light goes off, the municipality came SEVERAL times to replace the bulb, check the wires etc...without finding anything wrong (i know because i asked the guys few times).

And now for about 2 month the streetlight in front of the place i live right now start to do the same thing ! i cant barely go out without turning it off ( i have to pass under to reach my car ) i live here since 5 years and its the first time it happen, that streetlight worked perfectly before. That happen with numerous

COMPUTERS : BSOD, unexpected restarting, freezing etc...and not only mine for about 6 month now and i am a computers technician with 14 years of experience and computers never act so weird before AND its not a virus a spyware or a drivers or a hardware or nothing else i can think of !

I noticed that phenomenon occur MOSTLY when im stressed or having intense emotion, especially anger.

Someone noticed the same thing after quitting antidepressants ?

(my main language is not english sorry for errors in my text)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LouCypher

I think many more people should be aware that the effects of chemicals called "medicine" are not necessarily confined to the "problems" they are supposed to cure or symptoms they are supposed to palliate. (In fact they just repress them.)

It's good that you spoke up.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
aahhh,you're freaking me out!first off,I've had eerily similiar experiences to yours.I was diagnosed with depression at 12,straight away put on anti-depressants (cipramil) at 16 depression actually got worse,i was put on prozac,a year later xanex (my anxiety levels hit the roof), i continued to take them for 3 years,then last year i decided to ween myself off them.Lets just say i feel my eyes are finally open,only problem is i have no frickin clue what i'm actually seeing!!

Like you i have no solid memories of life before i was 12,i have 2 vague and pointless memories and no matter how much i try i can't connect myself to that child.strange feeling.

I can't remember if i saw auras as a child but 2 months ago i was just day dreaming in my fathers direction when i saw a yellow...well aura..come from him.

I don't actually know what slider Phenomenon is,but yeah,for last 5 months lights just keeps going out whenever i'm near them...scratch that anything electrical,haha...the local shops cash register/computer has shut down 3 times in past two weeks when i was just standing next to it,their sick of the sight of me i'd say!! My computer keeps acting up,never thought about that too much,could just be the fact that its a dell and has windows software...actually yeah its prob just that!!

just googled that indigo child thing..hmm..not too convinced,don't most people have those characteristics anyway?

I've had some other odd experiences but i'd just feel naff sharing them,im only new here.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm glad you stopped taking the medicine. I just hope that you are ok with it. Have you tried meditation that should help with being depressed. It makes since that if you take that kind of medicine that your abilities would have been slowed or completely stop. Being an indigo child do you think that you are depressed all the time because of the way of the world is. Like too many people are suffering and there is no need for it. Meditation is the best medicine that God has given us. I hope you stay well and prosper.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

i have no memories of my life before 12 (i dont know why but that part of my life is completely blanked) and now at 34 its restarting...

That COULD indicate severe trauma and/or sensory & intellectual deprivation at an early age.

I am not saying that is what happened, but in "normally" developed individuals it often is the cause of loss of early memories.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justAgirlSmartererThanU

...and no matter how much i try i can't connect myself to that child.strange feeling.

You put words on my feeling !!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't have much to add here, other than the fact that I have have both experienced this phenomenon and had it reported to me by two other people with psychic abilities.

I was diagnosed with depression at the age of about 27 and was prescribed both Zoloft and Wellbutrin (at different times). While on these medicines, I was unable to remember any dreams, and it was much more difficult to open myself to any kind of psychic impressions/information. I was on these medications for a few years, until I was able to control my depression by other means. As soon as I stopped taking the drugs, I began to experience psychic phenomena again.

I've had two other friends who had some psychic abilities report the same experience to me (one tried to warn me off of the drugs before I started taking them, but getting control of the depression was much more important to me at the time than any psychic abilities I had. Also, I hate to admit it, but I thought she was being silly and a little paranoid.)

So this makes me wonder: are psychic abilities somehow linked with depression? if so, are they a symptom of depression or do they cause depression? Or is loss of psychic abilities a side effect of anti-depressants? I don't think there's an easy way to determine an answer, but it gives us something to think about. There is also the possibility that perceived psychic abilities are just a delusion that is associated with depression. However, if that's the case, how come I still experience psychic phenomena even though my depression has been cured?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
never was medicated with anti-depressants...

all i can relate, is that my episodic RXs of anti-psychotics did not quell or erase my psychic related thoughts or my ability to 'psyche' out the people who thought they were in charge ...

at most those anti-psychotic chemicals, haldol is just one, merely cleared my active mind into the comparable brain activity of a snail or slug.
but the latent talent was still there

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LouCypher

So your insinuating you might risk going off your anti-depressants and making your life miserable so you can see auras and put out some street lights?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Excellent, excellent post lou. You verbalized something I never could. Until I found this website I rarely told people about about my bizarre psychic abilities. I also never told people about the Lexapro that I was on for a year and a half. If you are on anti depressants GET OFF OF THEM. Read the book Eating Right for your Metabolic type, drink plenty of water, take plenty of acidophilus from GNC before you go to bed and take calcium and Vitamin C and exercize. Depression is a chemical imbalance due to all of the unnatural chemicals and poor diet we have. Google Mercola and drill through his website. Please don't make the same mistake we did. You can easily beat it without a prescription.

With that being said, my psychic abilities were absolutely blunted by the lexapro. I didn't have all of the electrical phenomena that you have but I could certainly predict a lot of things that happened ... and all of them were either bad or incredibly bad. Lots of other bizarre stuff as well.

I don't know what an 'indigo child' is but if it means your depressed your whole life and don't understand the world we live in because you see it from a profoundly different prism, then I'm an indigo as well.

I'm around your age and was on a very small dose of lexapro in 03 and 04 after a breakup with a girl I loved (who was utterly fascinated by these odd abilities). It turned me into a robot in many ways and I still haven't got back to my usual self.

It is just now, nearly four years later, that my abilities are coming back and coming back strong. I usually see something catastrophic before a 'big event' and I haven't seen anything yet concerning what's supposed to happen in October. BUT my 'psychic abilities' or whatever you want to call it have been going off the chart bonkers lately. And I've had daytime "channeling" (I can't believe that I'm admitting this) on a scale that I've never, ever had before.

I'm seeing hundreds maybe thousands of different people during their average day in the course of a couple of hours. All different races, sexes, ages, backgrounds ... just during their average day ... it's so weird and vivid .... it's like it's being forced into my brain because there is no way that I could ever even imagine some of these things and scenarios. I sometimes stay up pretty late and when I do that I see a lot of peoples dreams. It's so bizarre lou, but I'm glad it's finally coming back. Great post and I agree entirely with you.

DON'T TAKE ANTIDEPRESSANTS. PERIOD.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Having been on Effexor and having to go off cold turkey from 300 mg I can say it is not a good idea. I was unable to buy my medicines and ended up quitting the Effexor suddenly. I'm lucky to be here now. I was so depressed and despondent that I couldn't go to work, and in the end I had to resign. I couldn't go to work or live normally, and I wanted to die. I was not in that sort of shape when they put me on the drugs. I advise anyone to taper off antidepressants if they want to stop. Sudden quitting makes you physically and mentally ill if you were taking the meds daily as prescribed like I was.

That said, I agree that I was not able to use my "intuition" as well when I was on the meds. I did not dream or have OOBEs. There is something to what Lou Cypher says. Hell, even reading the runes was not the same and that takes no psychic ability whatsoever.

I advise psychotherapy or counseling if you need help with depression. Try that first. Meds have their place and their uses- some people need them. But if you are a person who values your psychic ability and connections in the dream world or whatever you want to call it, this is part of what you want to think about when deciding treatment. The meds helped me at first, so it took a couple of years to realize what I was giving up for the treatment.

edit for typo

[edit on 29-9-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So your insinuating you might risk going off your anti-depressants and making your life miserable so you can see auras and put out some street lights?

Absolutely not !!!

- Psychic abilities are different for all, those are mine
- I had these 2 abilities before taking medication
- These 2 abilities have been blocked by antidepressants
- 6 month after stopping the medication, it started again

My life is far less miserable than before, now i can think and focus, i have feelings and emotions and my permanent hands shacking are gone ! instead of having my brain / emotions turned off 24/7. I dont say im cured and happy now, im still depressed but i have all of the above which is a +

And for those on medication DO NOT QUIT COLD TURKEY !!!! you can die for real stopping antidepressants like that. Ask your doctor for a quitting program. Dose have to be reduced little by little, it can take several months to stop safely.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouCypher
The Effexor brain zaps are especially annoying, I have found that they only happen when i move my eyes, it feels like mini-electric shocks inside the head, without the pain.

Yeah Paxil does the exact same thing when you go off it. Prozac does not (much easier withdraw, I recommend it, Paxil was truly horrid).

However for those that are really depressed, I mean as in every day is virtual hell, and you think about dying all the time, and nothing is fun and you have no ability to see fun in the future, well, the side effects have to be awfully darn bad to outweight the benefits if the drugs work.

I am not psychic to begin with, so I don't worry about any abilities, and on that note I plan to restart on prozac very soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
just to clarify my point here

I DO NOT ENCOURAGE ANYONE to stop medication to regain psychic abilities !!!

I HAD to quit my med for different reasons and now i can compare my life with and without antidepressants.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For the Indigo child check --> www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What exactly is an indigo child personality? I've seen people mention this before but I have no association with that term. Can you please explain that more and give some examples of how you fall into this category.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Also do you know of any websites that I can read more about this at?

[edit on 9/29/2008 by atzmaz]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Indigo Children Link 1

The Indigo Children Link 2

As a summary, here are the attributes that best describe the Indigo Child and i possess them all

INDIGO CHILDREN

* Have strong self esteem, connection to source

* Know they belong here until they are told otherwise

* Have an obvious sense of self

* Have difficulty with discipline and authority

* Refuse to follow orders or directions

* Find it torture to waiting in lines, lack patience

* Get frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity

* Often see better ways of doing thing at home and at school

* Are mostly nonconformists

* Do not respond to guilt trips, want good reasons

* Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks

* Are rather creative

* Are easily distractible, can do many things at once

* Display strong intuition

* Have strong empathy for others or NO empathy

* Develop abstract thinking very young

* Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent

* Are often identified or suspected of having ADD or ADHD, but can focus when they want to

* Are talented daydreamers and visionaries

* Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes

* Have spiritual intelligence and/or psychic skills

* Often express anger outwardly rather than inwardly and may have trouble with rage

* Need our support to discover themselves

* Are here to change the world - live in greater harmony and peace with one another and to raise the vibration of the planet

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Adult Indigos

Indigo Adult Characteristics ( This is actually me )

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

* Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

* Are very creative and enjoy making things.

* Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

* Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

* Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

* May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

* May have trouble with RAGE.

* Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

* Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

* Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

* Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

* Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

* Have strong intuition.

* Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

* May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

* May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

* Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

* When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Trying to describe the auras i see ( not so strong and clear like the pics but...)

The following descriptions of the aura colours gives you a general insight into interpretation of auras.

RED - Desire, vitality, power, the urge to win, to have success, intensity of experience, action, doing, love of sports, struggle, competition, force of will, leadership, strength, courage, passion, eroticism, earthiness, practicality, desire for possessions, sense of adventure, the survival instinct. A majority of young children and teenagers especially boys, have bright red auras.

ORANGE - Creativity, the emotions, confidence, ability to relateto others in an open and friendly manner, sociability, intuition or gut feeling. The ability to reach out and extend one's self towards others. Many talented sales people, entrepreneurs, and people who deal with the public have orange auras.

YELLOW - Sunny and enthusiastic, cheerful, bright, great sense of humor and fun, optimism, intellectuality, openness to new ideas, happiness, warmth, relaxation. Uninhibited expansiveness, release of burdens, problems and restrictions. Talent for organization. Hope and expectation, inspiration. People with yellow auras encourage and support others by naturally being themselves; they radiate like the sun and they also may have a great ability to analyze complex concepts.

GREEN - Perseverance, tenacity, firmness, patience, sense of responsibility and service, self assertiveness, high ideals and aspirations, dedication, puts high value on work and career. Ambitious desire for respectability and personal attainment, deeply focused and adaptable. Green is also the color of growth and of dedicated parents, social workers, counselors, psychologists, and other persons focusing on creating positive change in the world.

BLUE - Depth of feeling, devotion, loyalty, trust, desire to communicate. Puts great importance on personal relationships. Empathetic. May be a dreamer or have artistic ability. Possibly tend to put the needs of others before their own and may ave the ability to meditate, and live in the moment. Blue may be emotionally sensitive, intuitive, inwardly focused, may enjoy solitude, non-competitive activities, be receptive and desire unity, peace, love and affection in relationships with others. They need a calm and tranquil environment. You'll find many blue artists, poets, writers, musicians, philosophers, serious students, spiritual seekers, and people looking for truth, justice and beauty in everything.

VIOLET OR PURPLE - Magical, original, tends to be unconventional, often has psychic abilities, unusual charisma and charm, the uncommon ability to make their dreams come true, or manifest their desires in the material world, wish to charm and delight others and can easily connect with higher planes of consciousness. Playful, non-judgemental, tolerant of others' eccentricities. Sensitive and compassionate. "Purples" appreciate tenderness and kindness in others. Not especially practical, they tend to prefer to live in a dream world of their own creation. You'll find many "violet or purple" entertainers, movie stars, free thinkers, visionaries, revolutionaries, and otherwise singular and magnetic individuals. Dark violet could indicate a need to take charge of their life, or perhaps, that the person needs time to spiritually ground him/herself.

TURQUOISE OR WHITE - Spiritually motivated, the ability to be open and receptive to the divine, or spiritual world. Can merge with All That Is. Probably unconcerned with worldly matters or ambition. Inner illumination, cosmic wisdom characterise the white energy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join