It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress is Broken, Something must be done!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I cant believe the charades I saw today on the news. The Democrats stood up and blamed the Republicans for not passing this bailout bill like children in a food fight. The Dems have the majority in both houses, the Dems do not need the GOP to pass this bill, but they have taken this time to be partisian while we Americans hurt. Congress is Broken, we must put a stop to these incompetent people ruining our lives for their pleasure. Nancy Pelosi has failed everyone....... her websites our down, all three of them because everyone knows who is a fault here. Congress is willing to let a major sell off of wall street for what they think will be thier ticket to blaming each other. America stand up - I cant believe after all we have been thru we will let a few petty Dems, and Repblicans destroy our goverment... What can we do? Does anyone have any idea's? We need grassroot solutions, if we need to walk on washingington then lets do it. Does anyone have any good bipartisian solutions of dealing with this problem? Please Help

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Hold your horses my friend, the first ones here that first came to start the blaming game was the Republicans, they blamed their negative votes on Pelosis speech.

That is what we call in politics a political ploy.

The and after then, the Democrats came out to expose the Republican for agreeing to support the votes and then turning around and voting no.

To tell you the truth this has nothing to do with having the best interest of this nation at hart.

It is not only congress that is broken but our entire system of government is the one that needs to be fixed.

Starting with dismantling the Federal reserve and the hold of global bankers in our nations government and the economy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Don't Panic
This actually needs to happen. Yes It needs to happen. It's called a market correction. I promise, new banks will pop up to take the place of the ones that fail and they will know better than to pull the same irresponsible stunts. Think back, we learned this in kindergarten. If you touch a hot stove it will burn you and you won't do it again.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

So you're for the bailout ? Hate to break it to you if so, but that's a definite minority opinion around here. We should be happy that our representatives finally did something right. They listened to "we the people". The posturing going on now is just that, posturing and trying to shift the blame for political reasons. I think the truth of the matter is that the bill didn't pass because it was the CORRECT decision to make. Period. The politicizing going on now is just business as usual, trying to save face. But the fact remains that the real issue was adressed and responded to properly.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Keep in mind Ye with the pointy finger, teh populace has been screaming for Congress to NOT pass this bill. Ultimately, did not Congress follwo the will of the People as it is supposed to? Take a snapshot. This may be one of the only times in history that Congress actually follows the will of the People. Fleeting though it is likely to be...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Forget partisanship; it's an illusion anyway - it's pro wrestling, scripted and rehearsed. They 'make' and 'break' heroes as the need arises, don't buy into it.

While we were focused on the travesty of the wealth and power consolidation, the Fed pumped $630 billion into the system - sans vote (it's their "right") thank you 16th fraudulent ammendment. They appropriated another trillion in defense spending as well.

Can't you see that this is theater? Congress is not broken - it barely exists at all.

We need to restore a TRUE congress of the PEOPLE of the Unites States of America - and purposefully, with malice of forethought and extreme prejudice - EXCLUDE corporate influences in government. The MARKET MUST BE FREE if it is to serve the people.

We need to issue and control our own currency and REJECT the central banking model outright.

We need to OUTLAW FRACTIONAL RESERVE LENDING and private ownership of the legal tender of our country.

Forget the personalities, their all meat puppets, looking after themselves and their own agendas. If we could just render the trans-national corporations voiceless, we would all be better off.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We need to stay strong here.

Left to its own devices, the market will fix itself. We don't need government to take control and ruin this further. Government cannot manage and successfully handle anything, so the last thing we need to do is hand our financial markets over to them. This bail out, in any form it may resurface in, must continually be shut down.

It's not going to be easy, but we have to do it. This will work itself out. It always does.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
We need to stay strong here.

Left to its own devices, the market will fix itself. We don't need government to take control and ruin this further. Government cannot manage and successfully handle anything, so the last thing we need to do is hand our financial markets over to them. This bail out, in any form it may resurface in, must continually be shut down.

It's not going to be easy, but we have to do it. This will work itself out. It always does.

Damn straight! The market is smarter than all of them put together. It is their intense obsession with 'manipulating' that made this opening for parasitism in the first place. Just pluck off the leeches and let the wound heal itself.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Just pluck off the leeches and let the wound heal itself.

You got it!

I've said since the beginning the only proposal I would ever accept in this mess would be one that included the resignations of Frank, Dodd, Paulson and the lot of them.

For what reason are we supposed to believe that the same people who created this mess are capable of fixing it???

Madness.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not to derail teh thread, but... I checked the first two Pelosi sites on Google for the search "Nancy Pelosi website." One for house.gov, and the other for speaker.house. Neither will open.

Any computer geek know why that would happen? Is it just because there is a lot of traffic to the sight.

I do not think they are "down" because you should still be able to get them in that case, right?

Oh, and both sides are blaming the other. It's a political ploy in my opinion. So that way if the economy tanks both sides can say- hey, we wanted to vote for the bailout, but it was the other side's fault that it didn't pass.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sorry Marg, but he's right on this one. The democrats could have passed this on their own if they had voted as a bloc.

But something amazing happened and even some of the dems (along with many Republicans) actually listened to their constituents and voted that way.

Imagine that!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That's right.

Official word is that 2/3 of republicans and about 40% of democrats voted against this.

Of course the democrats could have passed this without them, but they won't.

They don't want to shoulder the blame for the mess it will cause.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's possible that they thought it had the votes to pass so individually they voted against it to hedge their bet. If it passes and thngs stbilize, no harm no foul. They can say they voted against it becasue that was the voter sentiment. Buit if it passed and the economy tanks they can say, 'I didn't vote for it, don't blame me'. Unfortunately, too many people had the same idea.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't deny there was probably some of that. I would say a lot more democrats had that mentality than republicans though.

The democrats are gearing up for what they believe to be a big election year. They don't want to end up being solely responsible for the catastrophe that this bail out would be.

They want to keep their jobs.

A lot of the house republicans voted against this because they fundamentally disagree with it. That's why they have their own plan proposed that relies on free market solutions.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

sorry, Democrats started blaming the Republicans from day 1 that Bush asked for this money. And to do that is nonsense. Like the op said the Dems have the numbers to pass it but even with their own ranks they dare not cause it will cost them many races. So if you want a political ploy look at them, they have more to lose especially in all those Congressional races they been ahead of.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yes because the Democrats thought that the Republicans will vote in majority.

But it was a political ploy to get now the chance to make the bill of their own.

They are all nothing more than corrupted morons.

And guess what, they will have a bill and they will pass that bill and at the end they careless what the American people wants, but what they can get out of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But something amazing happened and even some of the dems (along with many Republicans) actually listened to their constituents and voted that way.

Imagine that!

Keep calling the local office of your Reps and Senators and tell them your against it......Email them.....

I like seeing how many of these people are actually DOING they're jobs....
Congress is NOT broken they are actually listening to the people who they represent for a change......its AMAZING to watch....

[edit on 29-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Sorry Marg, but he's right on this one. The democrats could have passed this on their own if they had voted as a bloc.

Imagine that!

It's called re-election jitters.

On the one hand you got the dems wanting to blame Bush.
In reality the bailout is a bailout of Congress which failed to do its job, oversight. It is ONLY Congress which has oversight of the executive branch.
The trouble we are in is real, Bush pointed no finger Pelosi did, those are the facts. Members of Congress cannot hope to be re-elected if they go against their constituants wishes.
John Kerry was on this morning wailing how if the Dems passed this highly unpopular bill without the Republicans onboard they would lose in the elections bigtime, he is right.
They (the Dems) can only pass this bill in two ways,
1) If it is bipartisan to share the blame or
2) They can successfully put all blame on Bush which would take the miracle of Bush going on public record taking all the blame.

If they use their majority to pass this while House Repubs are publicly against it, it will be their political doom.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I have something you might be interested to read... Political Parties, we do NOT need them! just a little something I realized... Also what I believe to be the solution to our problems...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I invite everyone to visit my thread in the "NWO" channel. It deals with the notation i made about the Declaration of Independence.

Focus on the segment I highlighted and tell me what you think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join