It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to buy an unregistered Rifle/Shotgun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Why should we worry about answering the question? In some states you dont have to register a gun. We arent talking about anything illegal in ALL states.

I do everything, everything, by the book. I dont cheat on my taxes, I drive the speed limit, I own my guns in accordance with the law, my car is properly registered and insured, I dont cheat people in personal business transactions, etc. I am not worried one bit about answering the question.

In New Mexico, you just go buy one. You still have to be checked out and the sale is recorded, but you dont have to register the weapon. Its not illegal. Its just the way it is here.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thread Announcement

As far as I know purchasing a rifle or shotgun does not require registration. I have altered the thread title to guide the thread.

The staff will be keeping a close eye on this thread for illegal recommendations on how to acquire firearms so please consider the T&C's before posting.

Thank You,
ATS Staff

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
sheesh, there has been so much ignorance in this thread, that mods actually had to come and issue a warning.... over talking about things that are legal?

Why not just move this thread to RATS along with all other legit info that ignoramuses can't seem to understand.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As far as I can see the OP has not said 'where on Earth' he/she is

I imagine in Kabul you could pick up an AK-47 easier that you could buy a bottle of Whiskey, most of the in depth replies are from the US - I'd be keen to know which side of the Atlantic the OP is coming from .

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
As far as I can see the OP has not said 'where on Earth' he/she is

which is why there seems to be some confusion over the legality issue

Originally posted by scientist
sheesh, there has been so much ignorance in this thread, that mods actually had to come and issue a warning.... over talking about things that are legal?

If you're in the USA or other nation where gun-ownership is allowed, then fine, but if you're in the UK, you're committing a major crime merely by owning such a thing

whist some of us here in britain may not understand gun-ownership and be considered 'ignorant' as a result, we are not ignorant of our own laws of the land

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If the OP can tell us what state they live in(they did mention they are from the USA) we could give them the listings for gun shows in thier area. American Rifleman(an NRA mag) lists them for every month. Not only can you purchace a fire arm without registering it(if its a long gun or shot gun), but alot of times the deals at a gun show are great. Why pay full price when you can get the gun used for half price(even guns that are only one year old). Also dont forget the 100$ mosin nagants that are at every show. Or piss of Obama and buy an AK-47 for 250-300$ and buy a 100round drum mag.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Why not just move this thread to RATS along with all other legit info that ignoramuses can't seem to understand.
This is a liability issue for ATS.People can get in trouble for handgun info from state to state,the mod had to change the title of the thread.Not everyone is as smart as you obviously are,and on that topic,use your imagination to illustrate this point as far as handguns are concerned.

P.S.scientist,is your avatar from the "Wolverine:Origins" series?It is a good read.

[edit on 033030p://2117 by daeoeste]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just visit Arizona,you can get a rifle or shotgun or a pistol at a swap meet there,you can carry a gun there as long as it isn't concealed,and getting a concealed weapon permit only takes an 8 hr course

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm asking about unregistered becuase when the feds come to your neighborhood and take all the guns they know who to target.. I want a gun that the feds can't come and take....

edit to add-

I'm from Ohio.. guess the feds will narrow in on my position now...

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Ketzer22]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

LOL!! I should piss off Obama and get the AK-47.. can you really pick them up for 250 at gun sshows?

Edit to ask- What does it mean to 'register' your gun? I'm not looking to get a gun illegally.. I guess I'm just ignorant to the gun laws as I've never owned one before.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Ketzer22]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Several have said it before in this thread but ill say it again in the US it is quite legal to own an unregistered firearm. Gun shows , flea markets , swap meets are all easy ways of getting an unregistered gun.
Personally i own a 410 shotgun which i bought from a local gun smith and it is registered no background check or anything just a simple form to fill out. However if a gun ban gets inacted then ill be on the list and they will try to come and take my gun. I may however have the 410 loaded and not be very agreeable about giving it up. ( cold dead hands comes to mind ) I live in the country and trust me owning a gun is essential to country living, and a shotgun helps those of us out that dont shoot much on our aim.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the postings on the topic for the most part are freaking hilarious, i seriously cannot belive some of the opinions on here, lots of misinformation, cudos to the people that have given sound advice and know the law for where they live. I personally do a lot of shopping online to price gun sales, i am legal and have several different types of guns from shottys to .22 to 762x54r to 9mm. Here is the basics and the truth for you, as long as your not a felon you will be legal for almost any firearm, so start there, then check the laws for ohio you find plenty of faq's and also the pdf file for ohio if you google it, from what ive seen the laws are the same for colorado and ohio, you dont have to register any gun for any reason, you can purchase any firearm in a private sale legally, just be smart get a bill of sale with the serial numbers and also probably the licencse # of the person selling it keep good records and you wont have a problem in the future. if your sketch about a person and private sale, DONT BUY IT, if your legal and going to get a firearm take a couple things into consideration: also if your worried ask a police officer they will tell you, YOU SHOULD HAVE IT REGISTERED, but will tell you you dont have to legally.

1: does it feel good to you?
2: ammo is it available and how much it costs
3: will it serve your purpose?
4: go test guns before you buy, dont just go look at guns at the store, go find a good range that will rent you firearms and test them. do your research you can always find a good deal ( legally ) i heard on a differnt forum that the sport store like big 5 has old school Walther P-1's (AKA the P-38 of WWII fame) for like 280.00 not the most glamorous, but better than nothing if your worried. you will find something just be smart.

5 definately practice, your firearm will do you no good if you dont know how to use it safely, also know how to dismantle and clean your firearm approiately.

you will find that most people that shoot and firearms as a hobby are more than helpfull and will teach you anything you want privided they know, you will be able to find classes everywhere for personal protection/tatical shooting ect.. take a class cant hurt to be prepared. and show respect for anything with the power to end life. ohh and go get your hunters saftey card you will need that if you plan on hunting.

good luck and be safe, oh and dont bother with fancy, you want reliablilty, if your going to get something to defend your self be dameded you trust it, it could mean your life.

if were to suggest some guns based on availablility and price of ammo, i would either go with a 9mm cheap ammo 100 rounds for like 20 bucks, or .40 little more expensive, as for a rifle get a m44 mosin nagant between 60-100.00 for the rifle and 80.00 you could get around 300+ rounds this would take down any north american game, almost a .308 in ballistics

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I paid around $300 for my AK, I imagine you can get them cheaper at gun shows. But ask around to make sure the seller is reputable in case there are issues down the road. SKS isnt a bad firearm either for the money. Well made, a little cheaper.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Thread Announcement

As far as I know purchasing a rifle or shotgun does not require registration. I have altered the thread title to guide the thread.

The staff will be keeping a close eye on this thread for illegal recommendations on how to acquire firearms so please consider the T&C's before posting.

Thank You,
ATS Staff

The next time someone asks you "How have any of the new laws affected your rights?", you can simply point them to this thread.

No matter HOW the OP "phrased" his question, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL IN MOST U.S. STATES TO OBTAIN AN UNLICENSED FIREARM. (The only reason I include "most" states is that certain cities freak out about this very subject. That is also why I included the "check with your local attorney" phrase).

I could say "go down to the ghetto, and purchase one from a crack dealer", and guess what? IF THE DUDE HAD BOUGHT IT LEGALLY, OR WAS A GIFT, (i.e., it wasn't stolen) IT WOULD STILL BE LEGAL. THIS INCLUDES PISTOLS.

Yes, that's right. In most U.S. Jurisdictions, you can purchase a pistol from a private individual and it is entirely legal

Surely your "corporate attorneys" could have told you such?

Generally speaking,

If the person is not a Federal Firearms License holder, they do not have to "register" this purchase with ANYONE, irrespective of whether it is a rifle, shotgun, or pistol.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OK. Disinformation aside, how about a professional explanation?

I am the president of a corporation that holds an 01 Federal Firearms License, meaning the company is a dealer in firearms other than destructive devices. That basically means firearms that aren't fully automatic, over 50 caliber (shotguns excluded) shortened beyond the legal length, and I don't deal in suppressors.

In most states it is not illegal to participate in an unregistered sale of a firearm between two individuals. It is, however, quite risky for the seller, because if they make a profit (I.E. sell the gun for more than they paid for it) they are engaging in dealer activities without a license and subject to prosecution by the BATF(E) if caught. That's how they tag gun show sellers.

However, while this may be legal, be careful. In some states, the sale itself may be legal, but you have to have a "license" for firearms, like Illinois' FOID card. Want to know how muddy gun laws are? My federal firearms law book is 9x11 and an inch thick, with very small print. My state-to-state law book is the same dimensions, but an 1 1/2" thick..both read like stereo instructions, too.

If you have any questions regarding legalities, U2U me. I'll answer as soon as I can.

----------------------------------

Now that *that's* been taken care of...if you want a good "homeland defense rifle" Get an AK-type rifle or an SKS. You can expect to pay between $350-900+ for an AK, depending on manufacturer. The Arsenal brand is regarded to be among the absolute best...but face it. It's an AK. It isn't meant to be a long range weapons platform. I know a fella that owns a bottom-of-the-barrel Romanian AK with 20,000 rounds down the pipe and it still functions like the day he bought it.

AKs are deviously easy to maintain. Most people even go so far as to run 'em dry. They can be buried in the mud/sand/snow for a week, dug out, and still run like a champ. Magazines can be had relatively cheap, too. Last week I spent $9 per mag for used Hungarian steel magazines. They work great.

Professional advice? Here's a good "starter" shopping list.

Romanian AK. Make sure the gas tube (the tube thingy on top of the barrel, for the uninitiated) and the front sight are in a STRAIGHT LINE. It's a pain to fix it if it's canted. Price $350

10-20 used steel magazines. Price $90-200, depending on the "deal"

XS Big Dot tritium sights. Price $100. Don't underestimate good sights. Try shooting your new AK at night and *then* tell me you don't need 'em. I rock an Eotech 550 on *my* AK. In a pinch, you can paint the front sight with glow in the dark paint and *charge* as needed. If you're willing to spend it, get an Ultimak scout rail and an Aimpoint red dot sight. This setup will allow you to use your red dot, and then if your sight goes down for any reason you can still use the irons. Be forewarned, though...you'll pay more for those two items than you will for the gun itself.

1000 rounds ammo, any kind. Wolf 7.62x39 steel case is roughly $200 per case of 1k rounds. This is the absolute *MINIMUM* for SitX use.

Chicom chest rig. Price $20ish. Look around.

You might say "MAN! That's *alot* of money!" My reply would be, "What's your life worth to you?"

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
you can buy muzzle loaders with out a lisence. I Have question, if I had a felonly when i was 15 and I was charged as juvee record can I still get a gun?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kingkn8

If you were charged "youthful offender" than your record was cleared as soon as you became an adult.

If you're buying through a private, face-to-face sale in most states, or a pre-1899 firearm you could be a habitual adult offender and a mental patient and it wouldn't matter.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thats what I thought, my sister however spent time in a state hospital as a teen. We were sexually abused as children, I was charged with aggrivated assualt when I put the man who abused us in the hospital for a long period of time. Anyways back to my sisiter she works at a pawn shop and the FBI and ATF told her she couldn't work there anymore. That her husband had to lock up all his guns or they could take his gun collection. Weird thing is she has hunted for like 10 years owns her own rifle and just now became a problem. It took a few weeks but she got it straightened out with them. After she had been fired from the pawn shop that she managed and had worked for 8 years.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by kingkn8]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Buy your gun used from a previous owner via the classified ads.. It's not hard, you give them cash, they give you a gun... Find a guy who is a hunter who is up grading and get yourself a nice rifle. This registered gun crap is so stupid anyway, once the original owner sells the gun, the tracing ability is gone forever... Only idiots in D.C. think differently but we can see how smart they are, just look at the DJIA..

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As I am married to a law abiding owner and seller I take exception to the request of the OP. As another poster said it really screws with those that want to keep their guns legally.

I don''t know your familly situation but it won't help them being economically strapped and you in Jail when you get caught.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join