It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to buy an unregistered Rifle/Shotgun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Seeing all the economic trouble its becoming more and more evident that we may be facing an economic crisis type situation and I want to be prepared. So I'm just wondering where I could find an unregistered gun? Or would it be fine to get a gun that is registered? I'm just looking to get some opinions on what you guys think.

Mod edit: title

[edit on 9/29/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
unregistered firearms? you must be crazy!

You're taking a real gamble that the gun you buy 'on the street' may have been used in a homicide or armed robbery!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Seeing all the economic trouble its becoming more and more evident that we may be facing an economic crisis type situation and I want to be prepared. So I'm just wondering where I could find an unregistered gun? Or would it be fine to get a gun that is registered? I'm just looking to get some opinions on what you guys think.

Yeah, that will really help you in an economic crisis

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If you're from the states then you surely must be aware of the gun shows?
Theses are where you buy and sell guns one to one with no paperwork exchanging hands.

If you're from the UK and are even asking about unregistered firearms I don't think you should own a firearm full stop!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Mod edit: to remove illegal recommendation.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Anything pre-1899 doesnt have to be registered. Those firearms are exempt from all the federal garbage. If you hunt you can find some nice shootable mausers and even some revolvers that fire modern cartridges or have been retrofitted by a smith to fire modern cartridges.

I'm sure the gun-ban crowd largely ignorant of firearms and firearm law will be up in arms about this but oh well.

Start here:

www.empirearms.com...
www.sportsmansguide.com...
www.antiquefirearms.org...

Also most states do not require registration for long guns purchased via private sale. Like if you wanted to pick up a rifle I was selling all you would have to do is hand me cash and I'd hand you the rifle. No paperwork, no worries. But check your local laws before doing anything. You dont want to end up a felon because of ignorance.

Everybody should have at least one common-cartridge firearm off the books and tucked away IMO.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.. Yea, I don't think I would want to buy a gun from a sketchy character, but now I remember there are gun shows all the time around here. (I live in the US.)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't believe you're asking where to get an unregistered gun on a public forum and that you are even considering buying an unregisterd gun! Isn't it against TOS to discuss illegal activities such as this?

How do you feel it would be in your best interest to be in possession of an unregistered gun? What benefits are you thinking you would have if you were the owner of an unregistered gun?

The above poster is correct that if you are buying a gun off of the street you have no idea what you are getting into and if that gun was used in a crime. You would just be setting yourself up for major trouble in a lot of different ways.

If you believe that this economic crisis is a reason for you to have a gun in your possession (I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from on that) then go through the LEGAL channels to get it.

Jemison

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
*sigh*

There is much, much, disinformation here. There is also ignorance. Having an "unregistered gun" is NOT ILLEGAL IN MOST U.S. JURISDICTIONS. (Check your local attorney if you have any questions)

Also, the "why" of someone wanting an "unregistered gun" should be considered. Criminals want "unregistered guns", but so do people who think that the NWO is going to come for guns. Thus, there are LEGITIMATE AND LEGAL REASONS for wanting an "unregistered gun". Someone wanting an "unregistered gun" might also think it is NONE of the Government's business if they own a firearm. That too is a legitimate and LEGAL reason for wanting an "unregistered gun".

Whenever a gun is sold from a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer, they must keep paperwork on that sale, and who it was sold TO for quite a few number of years. This paperwork can be inspected at ANY time for ANY reason by a BATF agent. (As an aside, why do you think the Russian General asked his soldiers to go to each gun store, and get Form XYZ (forget the actual form number) in the movie "Red Dawn"?

In MOST jurisdictions, if you purchase a firearm (other than an automatic weapon, i.e., "macine gun") from a private person, with you being a private person (not for resale), then it is an "unregistered firearm". In most jurisdictions, there is no law that REQUIRES you to "register" it.

Thus, despite the ignorance shown here, there is most certainly a LEGITIMATE AND LEGAL REASON to have unregistered guns. And, again in most jurisdictions in the U.S. (check with your local attorney), it is NOT ILLEGAL TO HAVE "UNREGISTERED" GUNS.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Assuming he doesnt rush down to the projects to get a gun from Leroys van he isnt doing anything illegal. Depending on where he is he could buy a long gun out of Leroys van though

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
*sigh* There is much, much, disinformation here. There is also ignorance. Having an "unregistered gun" is NOT ILLEGAL IN MOST U.S. JURISDICTIONS.

It is if you're ANYWHERE in the UK, and made my comment based on that fact, as the OP makes no mention of their location

Regardless of whatever weapon you wish to use to defend yourself, it'll not get you anywhere unless you have the right training and mental-attitude to weild it confidently in a hot situation that requires reflexive action

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I think that form number is 4473... the pink copy, kept on file in your "friendly" (get to know him/her) firearm dealer. Many of the form 4473 will be lost upon declaration of martial law. The ATF does not receive a copy of anything. The FBI is responsible, I think, for the background checks now in force. However, those arms purchased prior to that piece of crap are only traceable by the 4473.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Legally, I dont have to register any of my firearms with the local authorities. Yes, when I purchase a firearm from a dealer, my information is run through the feds, as it should be. But a national database keeping this information is illegal, granted, they may still do it. If you are looking for a firearm that is hot, or doesnt have serial numbers, for all that is good with the world cease immediately. Its firearms and transactions like that which make law abiding gun owners look bad.

Go to your local gun store, buy the firearm you want. Do it legally. Some states and areas require you register handguns with your local police, I dont know about long guns. Check the laws and do this above the board, if not, you jeopardize all of our rights.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
here's another vote for gun shows. Just approach whatever seller is there, and ask to do a private sale.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
New Mexico.

crime.about.com...

My guns are not registered. And legal. I bought them several years ago, and the article above seems a few years old, but I do not remember hearing anything about the gun laws changing significantly since I purchased mine other than now you can get a permit to carry concealed where before carrying concealed was illegal, period.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revealer
If you want to buy a gun like that you should go to the projects and see if there is one. But be careful. Im not telling you that you should do that. That's my opinion. You make your own decisions.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by The Revealer]

Don't do anything this person just said. Not only is it illegal, it's blindingly stupid. Do you have any felony charges?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Target sells wonderful unregistered Nerf guns including a fantastic sniper rifle. I recommend stocking up on extra darts as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
here's another vote for gun shows. Just approach whatever seller is there, and ask to do a private sale.

The only problem is that in a lot of states, including my own, any gun show sales have to have a background check, so there goes the "unregistered" part of the equation. Asking to do a "private sale" could get you into trouble.

However, in a lot of places, including my own state, private person-2-person guns sales do not require a background check. Check the want ads in your local rural paper, rural 5-n-dime ads, and your local gun range.

However, if you are selling a registered gun then it would behoove you to sell to a dealer, or through a dealer, so that the gun ID will eventually get tagged to another buyer.

And in any case, when selling a gun privately, you should as a minimum make up a bill of sale that includes some legal mumbo-jumbo such as the gun ID, proof of a valid driver's license (for age), and something saying that the seller has a clear right to sell the gun and the buyer has no legal conditions that would keep him/her from purchasing the gun, etc..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Are you freaking kidding me?Are you simply obtuse?Are you a fed?Are you trying to get arrested?This,or any other social networking sites are not the place to ask this question.Be very careful if you get any offers.I would recommend that people be very careful answering this thread as well.Big brother IS watching.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join