It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Object changes direction TWICE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I found this one today on HiRise.
The image shows multiple tracks in straight lines. Notice the object in question changing directions twice. You will need to click on the image to reveal the full image size.

Hmmm

Here is another find on the same JP2 image.
I call this one, "plan 9 from outer space."

[edit on 29-9-2008 by super70]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Can you supply original link to an official source please. Looks great. Flag and star ready.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Though I'm a believer in ET lifeforms, all prove (if it can be described as such) could be explained as a "normal" behaviour of nature (in this case Martian).

Since then I have become more sceptical and I'm trying always to find a logical explanation. But this one is giving me a hard time. It's a great find (S&F) although I seem to have seen it before.

I wonder what this could be if it isn't anithing living. A simple rock could not have made this kind of movements. But I don't know how for example an oval rock (as part of meteorite) would fall down on Mars.

It's a pitty we can't have an other picture to see where the object is now.

So let's see where this thread is going....

[edit on 29/9/2008 by saturnus1962]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is the original HirRise image source
Mars Image

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
so i'm doin my first one here

while looking at the HIRES Pics, i found this oddly thing, for me, it looks like a dam. Maybe old but in the right "position" for a dam.

Well... so far !

Greetings Erarthlings

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It does resemble a dam. The other mounds of sand below it points toward natural wind swept dunes. The "dam" shaped one is much more rigid though, nice find sir_nukem.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
We already know that rocks roll downhill on Mars due to natural processes such as wind erosion (wind eroding sand beneath a rock)...so I can easily see a rock rolling downhill, then changing direction slightly as it encounters little mounds and valleys.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

so I can easily see a rock rolling downhill, then changing direction slightly as it encounters little mounds and valleys.

Question - if someone had said they could EASILY see the trail being created from a martian walking/driving around, wouldn't you take objection with that? Assumption here, but a good one I think...

I see other objects that look very similar in size and formation around the same vicinity; and I also take note with the angles and turns the "object' has taken. You would assume that if someone or something of higher intelligence did go for a drive or walk, why waste all that energy in going in so many different directions? Unless there was a martian party and someone forgot to lock up the rover...

So, one probable explanation is that it is indeed a rock that has been moved via nature...but nothing can be EASILY determined from the pictures we get.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir_Nukem

That's a Dam(n) interesting picture...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Great find sir! It just amazes me the intelligent people here on ATS. Flagged and star'd!!!!

sty

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
it looks like several objects were rolling on the surface of Mars. The objects could be just small meteorites having a very small angle of incidence . I do believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life forms, however i would not bid my 2 cents for this picture..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

Question - if someone had said they could EASILY see the trail being created from a martian walking/driving around, wouldn't you take objection with that? Assumption here, but a good one I think...
We have lots and lots of images of undisputed rocks on Mars. We know rocks roll downhill on Earth.

We have no undisputed images of Martians or Martian vehicles. So, yes, I would, and do take objection to those statements. It is far, far more reasonable and easy to reach conclusion that rocks roll down hill on Mars and that these are pictures of the results of that rather than the tracks being caused by Martians.

So, one probable explanation is that it is indeed a rock that has been moved via nature...but nothing can be EASILY determined from the pictures we get.

How about this. Rocks rolling into a crater and ending up on the floor:

Or this. Rock hits a crater rim and gets some air.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is a far, far more reasonable and easy to reach conclusion that rocks roll down hill on Mars

Well, since your gonna take an approach such as you did, let me join the mentality you offered up...

Yes Phage, very good analysis - rocks roll down hills on Mars; and since you left it at that, I will throw in that rocks probably roll down hills on many other planets as well....

And yes it is far more reasonable..but once again we get the word EASY...I'm sure all of your conclusions seem reasonable when you take the easy approach to things...once again, if a 'believer' were to say, "That's easily a spaceship up there", every skeptic would jump on the persons a$$. Why would it be different for the other side of the house...?

How about this. Rocks rolling into a crater and ending up on the floor:

How about this...up the attention to detail. I pointed out that since there were similar objects, and the path seemed to be a waste of time and energy, it was most likely a rock...my reply was to point out that nothing is as easy as any of us would like it to be, and throwing in that word in relation to pictures from another planet is counter productive to analyzing anything....

And your second picture shows a straight path from EVERY rock in the picture...what a stellar example...even the bounce trail in that picture maintains a linear direction...

Don't debunk because the easiest explanation is the only one you can come up with. Thinking outside the box is o.k. as well...try it.

And feel free to challenge anything I post on this site - just make sure you firmly understand what you are questioning...that way the other person does not need to explain again what has already been posted.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
aaaand once again an object in space that we'll never figure out

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm 90% sure this is a rock, I have posted like images before. But when I find an object that seems to defy what like objects are doing in the same vicinity, I post it. My point was that the other objects left straight tracks over the same ground, and the object in question maneuvered multiple times. As you can see on "turn 1", the angle of direction turns extremely sharp. What did the object hit? There is no larger stone in its path, and the tracks left never jumped or had a noticeable impact on its very defined track. It seems to me that if indeed there were an impact against some solid object, that the track would be altered in a visible way. It simply "turned" and swirved, then turned again. I might mention that no obviouse hill is present on its downhill course.

Here is another object that I found and posted in the past...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

And yes it is far more reasonable..but once again we get the word EASY...I'm sure all of your conclusions seem reasonable when you take the easy approach to things...once again, if a 'believer' were to say, "That's easily a spaceship up there", every skeptic would jump on the persons a$$. Why would it be different for the other side of the house...?

Rolling rocks is an easy conclusion to reach. It is easy because there is plenty of other evidence to draw upon. If you can provide an explanation other than rolling rocks, with evidence to arrive at that explanation, I'll be happy to consider it. If a believer offered evidence, other than "well, I think it looks like a spaceship", I would consider it as well.

Sometimes reaching a conclusion, even with evidence is difficult. In this case it is not. Reaching a conclusion without any evidence is always easy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
I'm 90% sure this is a rock, I have posted like images before. But when I find an object that seems to defy what like objects are doing in the same vicinity, I post it. My point was that the other objects left straight tracks over the same ground, and the object in question maneuvered multiple times.

I notice that the straight tracks show large spaces where the objects which formed them were bouncing, not in contact with the surface. A bouncing object will tend to follow a straighter path unless the surface is very uneven.

The sinuous path made by the object in question is very nearly continuous, indicating that the object was rolling rather than bouncing. A rolling object is much more likely to trace a curving path, unless it is very round. At the location of Turn #1 there does appear to be a triangular depression in the surface. It's hard to be sure but it does seem to be there. An object rolling into and out of a depression would likely change direction. The track also seems to change in nature at this point, becoming a bit less continuous.

At turn #2 there also seems to be a change in the slope. Do you notice the difference in shading between the surface in the lower right area of the image and that in the rest of the image? That could be from a change in material or slope, either of which could be the cause the deflection.

Finally, both of the more abrupt changes in direction could just as well be caused by a very irregular shaped object rolling down the slope. We've seen plenty of oddly shaped rocks on Mars.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very well put phage, the most likely cause of the tracks.

====
Mod Edit: Quote trimmed; added reply to:
Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 30/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70

Very well put phage, the most likely cause of the tracks.

Nice work fellows...
Post rolling rocks then identify them as rolling rocks

I am surprised you didn't bring Rocksisrocks along to play

:shk:

Silly Lemmings way to much free time on your hands. Now don't forget to star each other

====
Mod Edit: Mod Note: Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir_Nukem

Originally posted by Sir_Nukem
so i'm doin my first one here

while looking at the HIRES Pics, i found this oddly thing, for me, it looks like a dam. Maybe old but in the right "position" for a dam.

*snip large image* See original post.

Well... so far !

Greetings Erarthlings

The image looks like it has the same tampering mentioned here:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Note that the interior contents of these two depressions are a very light and very bright color. One might assume that this may be because of the presence of highly reflective ice conditions. Such an assumption would conveniently in turn enable the perception and following arguments that this ice is probably CO2 ice. However that just isn't the case here. Note that the flat level interior surface and the obvious narrow band of sloped bare shore between the true liquid waterline and the darker background shore as pointed out by my labeling are both very light color. In my opinion, this is because of an application of light color semitransparent (opaque) smudge image tampering was mapped and applied equally to both the bare sloped shore narrow band and the flat water surface together.

Now, if it had been applied thick enough in enough layers, the evidence of flat level liquid waterline as differentiated from the narrow band of sloped shore evidence would have been merged together and eliminated. That is typical of how effectively obscuring water sites goes in this planetary Mars imaging as it has been released to us. Fortunately for us liquid water depth because of its transparency absorbs more light than it reflects and is normally a darker color preserving the water here as a very slightly darker color and thereby the faintly seen waterline demarcation line effect is preserved. Also, the narrow band of reflective sloped shore as above water terrain was already a lighter reflective color in the natural sunlight. So the tampering application made it even lighter maintaining to some extent the contrast difference between the water and narrow band of sloped shore to preserve the irregular waterline demarcation line.

As seen here when that is corrected, from the same webpage:

Then corrected here:

====
Mod Edit: added 'ex' tags, large image quote.
Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join